TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

I'm gonna try something here

Guest Vitamin X
Warm milk always sounded gross to me... And I'm lactose intolerant.

Eat a turkey sandwich then. The tryptophan in the turkey is whats in the milk, makes you good and sleepy.

Milk is extra good for going to sleep because the calcium helps calm nerves.

Doesn't work if you're vegetarian.

The best solution I found for insomnia naturally has been to take melatonin supplements. Way better than a sleeping pill, although you might feel a bit groggy in the morning if you're not going to get enough sleep.

Guest blame that goot.

Eat a turkey sandwich then. The tryptophan in the turkey is whats in the milk, makes you good and sleepy.

Turkey doesn't make you sleepy, eating large quantities of food makes you sleepy. We've been over this before, I'm certain.

So since I got this graveyard job at Disneyland.... I can't fucking sleep.

So about two weeks ago I got this Medical Marijuana card for my sleep depravity...

this is one of the weirder mental pictures i've gotten in a while.

There's not enough tryptophan in a turkey sandwich to make you sleepy. That's like the Coriolis Effect... technically true, but too broad in scope to affect you.

If you want to cook up a thanksgiving dinner every time you can't get to sleep, feel free. And even then, it's often mostly the wine that's doing it.

I still haven't slept, and haven't really posted that much... y'all be some boring motherfuckers lately.

I'm gonna have some qualudes when I get back if I don't end up crashing there.

Well, I got this new stuff called Super Bubba Kush... it apparently KOs many people and leaves them not wanting to do anything but sleep... an extreme lazy high for most people, so I hope this is it and I can finally sleep 8 hours again.

Wait, didn't you mention something about not drinking anymore (or as much)? That'll mess up your sleeping patterns by itself... happened to me when I stopped constantly drinking.

Wait, didn't you mention something about not drinking anymore (or as much)? That'll mess up your sleeping patterns by itself... happened to me when I stopped constantly drinking.

I don't drink like I used to anymore... I used to have a bottle of Jack or Vodka alone in a day... starting off at like 9 am. I just drink every once in a while.

Rough stuff, though I can't say I haven't done the same (I eventually realized I shouldn't keep hard stuff at home, because I'll just end up drinking the whole bottle).

But yeah... cutting down to weekends gave me some pretty wicked insomnia.

Huh, interesting.... my friend that quit doing his heavy drinking has yet to have problems, but this guy sleeps like a bear.

This Super Bubba is decent, still can't sleep... but it does exactly what they say. All I have to do today is shave, but I don't feel like doing anything but kicking back and listening to music... this really is an extreme lazy high, as I don't even feel like getting up to turn the fan up higher.

Milk is extra good for going to sleep because the calcium helps calm nerves.

Doesn't work if you're vegetarian.

The best solution I found for insomnia naturally has been to take melatonin supplements. Way better than a sleeping pill, although you might feel a bit groggy in the morning if you're not going to get enough sleep.

Tried it, several times. I have an almost empty bottle by my bed. My tolerance to any pills, OTC or Rx, goes up quickly. I have to take 10 melatonin now just to have a hope of sleeping.

Turkey doesn't make you sleepy, eating large quantities of food makes you sleepy. We've been over this before, I'm certain.

Really? I wasn't privy to this discussion. Although it makes sense.

And I hate to be that guy, but I have to pick apart Matt's statement here. What, are we to be surprised that warm milk sounds gross to you, because you're lactose intolerant? Would a full tolerance of all things lactose make warm milk sound any better?

That'd be like someone saying "Cocks are gross to look at...and I'm a heterosexual!"

Sorry, Matt.

Would a full tolerance of all things lactose make warm milk sound any better?

No. I tolerate lactose, and warm milk sounds icky to me.

Huh, interesting.... my friend that quit doing his heavy drinking has yet to have problems, but this guy sleeps like a bear.

This Super Bubba is decent, still can't sleep... but it does exactly what they say. All I have to do today is shave, but I don't feel like doing anything but kicking back and listening to music... this really is an extreme lazy high, as I don't even feel like getting up to turn the fan up higher.

Let me tell you something...

As a former pot dealer myself, let me be the 1st to tell you that whenever a dealer says he has [insert off the wall nickname here] weed, it's complete bullshit. Infact those dealers just thought of the name as soon as he bought it off his dealer. I still can't believe how people still fall for this. I did that all the time in high school when I dealt to kids.

Really? I wasn't privy to this discussion. Although it makes sense.

And I hate to be that guy, but I have to pick apart Matt's statement here. What, are we to be surprised that warm milk sounds gross to you, because you're lactose intolerant? Would a full tolerance of all things lactose make warm milk sound any better?

That'd be like someone saying "Cocks are gross to look at...and I'm a heterosexual!"

Sorry, Matt.

Even though I am lactose intolerant, I like milk. I consume dairy products semi-frequently and drink fat free milk on occasion. It tastes good (cold) but it gives me violent stomach pains and gas/shits.

I've been taking Vistaril. Works great. No drowsiness the next morning, it doesn't straight knock you out, it just fucks with the melotonin and serotonin levels in your brain and helps you slip into R.E.M.

Is this my fault? Because this won't end well.

Wait, it can't be - the point of my question was missed entirely. It didn't hit the post or the crossbar. It wasn't deflected back into the neutral zone by a sliding defenceman. It went into the stands from the second it was shot.

I can't smoke the ganja cos it gives me panic attacks. That sucks, especially since I used to love that shit. Best writing i've ever done was on the purple sticky icky.

Anyway, to sleep, my doc prescribed Ambien. I felt it immediately the first time I took it and fell asleep playing Bully in my living room. It was pretty funny.

So yeah, keep at it. Insomnia is a cunt.

Insomnia is indeed a cunt. Hence why I am up at 9:45 A.M. with no sleep. And between my contacts drying out and the lack of sleep fucking with my brain, I can't even enjoy a video game or a good book to pass the time.

What sucks is when you're like "I'm gonna stay up all day so I'm tired tonight," and then you're STILL up all night, so you're like, "Fuck...I suck."

THAT sucks.