TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2008 - Conference Semifinals

Well Spurs/Hornets, Lakers/Jazz, and Celtics/Cavs gave us some damn good elimination games.

well at least Dama will be happy with the finals

I was going to be happy with whatever finals combination after yesterday's events.

I backed off on my earlier LA hate, mainly because I like the way they've played this postseason.

New Orlean's run was sort of fools gold because even then they were scrambling around in a panic, and pargo just got hot. The Spurs were clearly the more composed team in the final minutes. Its why they are champs.

Them and the Lakers will be a good series.

I predict that if LA or Boston goes down 0-2, you're going to see some screwy officiating in Game 3. Not for the entire series... just for that Game 3 and maybe Game 6 if LA/BOS go down 3-2.

Also all those 50 win teams completely ignores that there were four sub-25 win teams in the West when compared 2 in the West.

Guest Vitamin X

Spurs-Lakers is always a good fight. The way these playoffs have gone though, I think I see L.A.-Detroit as the most likely Finals matchup due to two things- 1. Detroit plays better as the underdog, as alf pointed out earlier in this thread. They are focused and look ready to beat a Boston team who has looked really bad against teams they should've taken care of easily, but then 2. Homecourt is huge in these playoffs, and L.A.'s homecourt will give them a pretty big advantage over the Spurs, even if they got a huge road win today. I think the officiating will go L.A. and Boston's way, but I also anticipate the games being much closer in the L.A.-San Antonio series for it to make a difference compared to Detroit-Boston.

Peja does the biggest playoff disappearing acts of any player in recent memory. The guy is just hilarious to watch.

Well, I can't wait until Wednesday. If I wasn't broke, I'd look for a ticket.

Peja does the biggest playoff disappearing acts of any player in recent memory. The guy is just hilarious to watch.

Well, I can't wait until Wednesday. If I wasn't broke, I'd look for a ticket.

Wuss. What's more important? Eating or Lakers tickets? Gas or Lakers tickets? I think you know the answer, man up!