TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Truthiness

Smackdown Spoilers for 05-09-2008

I'm torn on Punk. I don't really get into his matches very much...but the other part of me is just dying to see some new people on top. Maybe he'd be better in longer matches. But maybe I'd get tired of him on top real quick if he cashed in and won. I'm just patiently waiting for MVP to get the call, hopefully in the next year.

The only thing I've noticed with MVP...and let me preface by saying I am a fan of the guy...is that he has a hard time generating enough heat to really put him over as the next big beel of the company. He gets his usual smattering of booes, but nothing earth shattering. And it's not for lacking of trying, he really does a good job of heeling it up, but for some reason the crowds just don't seem to buy it. Not enough, anyway.

I'm torn on Punk. I don't really get into his matches very much...but the other part of me is just dying to see some new people on top. Maybe he'd be better in longer matches.

See his match with Edge before Backlash.

The only thing I've noticed with MVP...and let me preface by saying I am a fan of the guy...is that he has a hard time generating enough heat to really put him over as the next big beel of the company. He gets his usual smattering of booes, but nothing earth shattering. And it's not for lacking of trying, he really does a good job of heeling it up, but for some reason the crowds just don't seem to buy it. Not enough, anyway.

Maybe they can't take him seriously with his ring attire.

It's a dumb reason, but I could see some people thinking that.

He had a brilliant retort to people who complain about his attire, I don't know where to find it. But he basically said that, people are bitching about him wearing a legit sport suit, but cheering guys in glorified underwear.

He had a brilliant retort to people who complain about his attire, I don't know where to find it. But he basically said that, people are bitching about him wearing a legit sport suit, but cheering guys in glorified underwear.

Yeah, I remember that. Something from WWE.com...also mention his outfit was less Power-Rangers-esque than Jushin Liger's (back then they were still chanting that at him, IIRC).

Still, that was on a website, and not on TV where the casuals would see it.

MVP looks 100% better since he's been wearing the black suits. Management must have been ribbing the new guy by making him wear blue and red suits. I figured once he was around a while he'd finally start wearing black under armor suits.

I got a feeling MVP is going to take off any time now. Maybe the fans want to cheer him and that's why he doesn't get more heat for the character he plays. Some crowds get into the "ballin" thing he does.

It's the guys you don't expect that become huge.

I just hate how at the last Mania... his own home state didn't give a damn about him... while his first Mania in Detroit against Benoit back when he wasn't that well known he got heat, and people popped huge for the Ballin' thing.

I also think a lot of people can't get into his ring style. He's at this weird point where he's not getting that much heat, but he still hasn't taken off with any face like chants like I thought he would. Hardy getting injured and then them deciding to not really do anything with him hurt him in the short term.

I'm hoping he loses. I am not a fan of his at all. He annoys me when he is in the ring.

Reason?

There really is no reason per-se. I've followed him from ROH to TNA to WWECW and I just don't like him. For some reason I always had a feeling that he thought he was better then everyone else with his whole "straight edge lifestyle." He just annoyed me, and I love me some indy wrestling, in fact guys like Homicide, Chris Daniels and Bryan Danielson are a few of my favorites (mind you I've been following Homicide for about 7 years from his days of shitty indy wrestling in NY, the shitty part being the fed, not 'Cide.)

Brock Lesnar got NO heel heat or reactions until he started feuding with The Rock,

MVP was getting pently of heel boo's and reactions when he was feuding with Benoit, and the beginning of the Matt Hardy feud... Since then MVP's feuds have been getting poorly booked.

I'm sure that's it...I recently got around to watching the Rumble and I was disappointed at the lack of heat he got in MSG against Ric Flair. Again, not that he wasn't trying, the fans just weren't buying it.

I'm sure that's it...I recently got around to watching the Rumble and I was disappointed at the lack of heat he got in MSG against Ric Flair. Again, not that he wasn't trying, the fans just weren't buying it.

The Ric Flair feud did nothing for MVP... They had a great promo in VIP Lounge before RR, but they booked that feud in the span of 2 weeks... There feud in the summer was pretty weak as well.

I'm dying to see a MVP/Undertaker feud, I think that will be the feud to launch MVP into the main event level... Like it did with John Cena.

Another thing that would help mvp is getting a new finisher. His current one sucks. I've never been a fan of guys with finishers that take too long to set up. Plus his just doesn't look good/impressive. he needs something that looks like it does more damage and is quicker, unless he starts using a submission hold.

Another thing that would help mvp is getting a new finisher. His current one sucks. I've never been a fan of guys with finishers that take too long to set up. Plus his just doesn't look good/impressive. he needs something that looks like it does more damage and is quicker, unless he starts using a submission hold.

He could use that modified crossface he used on the indies. I know he sure as hell won't do the Live From the 305 Shooting Star Press.