TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

Least Enticing

"aingst"

"Angsty" would be the adjective, as in "The latest Sadsack platter, Surplus of Pain, is a particularly angsty addition to their well-established canon of crap."

I think I saw "Wilco-esque" (or some variation of that) in Time Magazine this week. I cried a little on the inside.

Speaking of which, I frequently saw the phrase "Dad rock" attached to their most recent album. I still don't know what that means.

I've always taken it as short-hand for "sounds kinda like The Eagles"

Eagles-esque sound.

Country Rock sounds retarded.

I think I saw "Wilco-esque" (or some variation of that) in Time Magazine this week. I cried a little on the inside.

You did! In reference to the long bass intro on the album version of I Will Posess Your Heart by Deathcab For Cutie.

"This generation's Dylan"

I think that one was first used about 5 weeks after Dylan's first record was released. At least it feels that way.

Beck was the Dylan of my generation (according to Rolling Stone or some other terrible critic).

I think that one was first used about 5 weeks after Dylan's first record was released. At least it feels that way.

Beck was the Dylan of my generation (according to Rolling Stone or some other terrible critic).

Don't forget Bright Eyes, he's THIS generation's Dylan according to folks who know things

"tight"

"muscular"

"pounding"

Hey, what about common rock critic adjectives that we actually do like? "Fully-realised" would certainly qualify for me.

Don't forget Bright Eyes, he's THIS generation's Dylan according to folks who know things

At least my generation's Dylan was good for awhile.

I've always taken it as short-hand for "sounds kinda like The Eagles"

Eagles-esque sound.

Country Rock sounds retarded.

I get the others but what the hell's wrong with country rock?

Anyways, generally any band that's compared to Guns 'N' Roses is bound to suck.

I don't see it used much anymore, but "Intelligent Dance Music" was a sub-genre label that always irked me. Ditto "post-rock."

Anyways, generally any band that's compared to Guns 'N' Roses is bound to suck.

Man, I just was about to say this. Because it seems whenever that comparison is made, the band usually sounds like The Black Crowes. Or Buckcherry. I don't know which is less preferable.

My friends were trying to tell me that this Avenged Sevenfold song:

sounds like something from the Use Your Illusion albums. No it doesn't! It sounds like Creed, just with a less Vedder-esque singer.

I hate the idea of "post-rock" as a genre.

Edit: Oh shit, didn't see Kinetic's comment on post-rock. The point still stands.