TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Venture Bros. Season 3

"Follow your dreams, even if they about your dad being a 10 foot spider who steals your penis."

Is anyone else having issues viewing the new episode on The Fix? I've tried it on mine and my room-mates computer, yesterday and today, and the episode freezes in the same spot every time. Anyone else notice this?

Is anyone else having issues viewing the new episode on The Fix? I've tried it on mine and my room-mates computer, yesterday and today, and the episode freezes in the same spot every time. Anyone else notice this?

A friend of mine complained about this, so yeah.

I tend to wait until they come on TV.

Freezes right after they get on the train thing, sits frozen for a while, then resumes with the gorilla attack? Yeah, same here. Buncha little pops and blips in the sound, too.

Yes, exactly.

Goddammit, I was really hoping my internet was sketching somehow.

And I'd wait for it to be on TV, but we don't even have cable, let alone Cartoon Network on our local cable system.

"YOU ARE VERY RUDE!"

Awesome episode.

That was... odd. Jonas Venture has always been portrayed as a basically good guy and competent hero. Maybe not the best father, but certainly a hell of a lot better than his kid turned out to be. It seems sort of out of character for him to just randomly abandon dozen of helpless orphans like that and never even try to go back for them, or to do the same to his best friend. Jonas has never been written as That Guy before.

For those of you who aren't standing in line for Dark Knight, there's a new episode up, and it rules pretty fuckin' hard. An unusual amount of plot development for a single installment of VB, with plenty of classic Monarch schtick.

"I AM THE ONE!!"

Fucking gold, of course.

I wish I was a bit older so I could have appreciated the music references from the Rustys.

The Monarch raping the Dr. Venture guardian robot

has to be the most disturbing moment in the history of the show.

Bored: I always thought the most disturbing moment of the show was that dream of Dr. Venture's when he devours his twin brother while in the womb, but to each his own, I suppose.

That said, another good episode this week, and while it doesn't come up, me and my roomie were thinking that Hank's belief that he can't die should make for some excellent comedy in the coming episodes.

"I'm not supposed to be in here!"

I really like how the season has been playing out, especially Jonas jr.'s character development. At this point, you can just tell the season finale is going to be great.

Its pretty funny to go back and watch "Return to Spider Skull Island"

I mean, Jonas Jr. shouldn't be making fun of the pirate for being evil once...

Holy crap, go watch the newest episode up on Adult Swim. The best episode of the series. A TON of developments, revealations, and plot threads to be explored later. If you like history, you'll love some of the cameos. If you don't, I recommend looking at the Wiki Page for this episode (CAUTION SPOILERS!).

I seriously can't believe they put so much work into it. I'm really impressed.

So THAT'S who killed Rusty's dad. Didn't see that coming.

Rusty seems to really have a thing for shitty cocktails.

I'm still amazed Brock was seriously going to kill Rusty-just...

wow.

Really, this is one of the best written things on tv right now. It really makes you look forward to the season finale, and not many shows do that IMO.

So THAT'S who killed Rusty's dad. Didn't see that coming.

I don't think so, and here's why:

Kano was mute long before Jonas died. He said it was as punishment or penance (I can't remember which) for killing a great man, so I don't think his silence was for killing Jonas. Perhaps he killed the Venture previous Jonas, and then became Jonas' bodyguard. I don't think they'd reveal their hand so quickly.

My opinion on the biggest possible development?

The relation of the Monarch to Rusty Venture. Colonel Venture looks and sounds a great deal like the Monarch, and I think that is very intentional. The Monarch's family was supposedly pretty wealthy... maybe he was a second Venture brother who died because he got too close to the ORB, or was just searching for the ORB? I'm not fully convinced myself, but I think the "There is another Venture" might be less Jonas Jr and more the Monarch.

This entire episode turned my view of the series on its head. Wow.

Has it even been 100% shown or proven that

Dr. Venture is even DEAD? I mean, like Rusty said "He was a lousy father but a great scientist". I do agree though, if he is dead then I don't think he was killed by Kano. But the way Kano acted, made me think he's not even really dead.

As we all know, the major theme of the show is human failure. The thing is, I think that a major theme this season is Rusty starting to regret his failure. We all remember earlier this season when he said

"I really need to get my act together."

I think-and maybe I'm just over analyzing, that he's starting to grow up-albeit just a little.

"Do You Wanna Look Like Gary Busey!?!?"

Holy shit, a Dio reference!

A about died laughing at

Hunter Giving Brock a lap dance.

Also,

I'm going to miss Brock's hair.