TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

I've been having some major problems with this site, and I see there have been lots of picks so it may just be. Has anybody else been noticing this problem?

Elway & Unitas were my top two QBs so getting them at the end of the first round is amazing. Munoz is also a fantastic pick in the second round. He's the Jerry Rice of offensive linemen.

Ronnie Lott- Defensive back

* 10x Pro Bowl selection (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991)

* 9x All-Pro selection (1981, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991)

* NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

* NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

* San Francisco 49ers #42 Retired

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Well, piss on you then. I'm goin' defense again. This time with a guy who doesn't seem to get mentioned in the "All-time immortal defensive players" discussion.

06b.jpg

DE-Bruce Smith

11x Pro Bowl selection (1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

12 All-Pro selection (1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

2x NFL Defensive Player of the Year (1990, 1996)

NFL Hall of fame

NFL Record 200 career sacks.

200 fuckin' sacks. The Bills' player record before that was apparently, 52. Four straight AFC championships in 19 season. That's four successful lifetimes on the defensive line.

Plus, he can flush Montana right into Lambert. Yessssssss.

I'm trying to decide whether to draft the "best" team or a team that if I were building a squad, these would be the players I'd target.

I'll probably lean towards the latter but it should provide entertainment for my next 2 picks.

I'm trying to decide whether to draft the "best" team or a team that if I were building a squad, these would be the players I'd target.

Most of the time I would consider those two options to be one and the same. Unless there happens to be a talented player that is a complete asshole and horrible teammate.

First Lott, then Smith... I'm finding it tougher to stick to my philosophy when my top two defensive choices were taken and there's still one offensive guy on the board I really want, but I have to stay disciplined here.

t1_0627_thomas_getty.jpg

Derrick Thomas - OLB

9x Pro Bowl

3x All pro

90's all decade team

89 defensive RotY

Got 7 sacks in a game once

I didn't get quite as much QB pressure as I would get with Smith, but DT was still a hell of a pass rush threat and good against the run as well. There's a lot of sacks, tackles, and forced fumbles to be had with Thomas.

Guest Vitamin X

Well Agent took my next pick. Fuck! Although, I'm not surprised. Well, I got an amazing leader on offense, now I need a leader on defense-

WOODSO.GIF

DB Rod Woodson

Career Highlights and Awards

* 11x Pro Bowl selection (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)

* 9x All-Pro selection (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 2000, 2002)

* NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

* 1993 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

* 1993 UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year

NFL Records

* 1,483 career interception yards

* 12 interceptions returned for touchdowns

I was shocked- SHOCKED, I tell ya- to see guys like Derrick Thomas and even Ronnie Lott get selected before arguably one of the best defensive leaders ever. Thank for letting me have him, guys! Guy was on some of the most amazing defenses ever, from the late 80's-90's Steelers to the greatest single season defensive team ever in the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Having him on defense instantly upgrades and makes every player there better. Fast, and a tough hitter- he knocked Warren Moon out of a game with a concussion on a cornerback blitz. I'm disappointed I couldn't get some of the guys on the defensive line I was looking at, like Joe Greene or Bruce Smith, but I didn't expect them to last very long anyways.

Guest Vitamin X

This is why I wanted to do groups of linemen rather than individual ones, but you guys HAD to have your Anthony Munozes and Bruce Matthewses.

This is why I wanted to do groups of linemen rather than individual ones, but you guys HAD to have your Anthony Munozes and Bruce Matthewses.

I voted for groups of linemen, too. But we're not doing that, so I might as well participate.

09F.jpg

Receptions 589

Receiving Yards 8,974

Touchdowns 76

...Biletnikoff's career total of 589 receptions is relatively unimpressive by today's standards, but it was a remarkable considering he would regularly smoke two packs of cigarettes per day. Also, this achievement is even more remarkable considering the more run-oriented offenses in the 60s and 70s, when the regular season was only 14 games long. The same can be said of his record of 10 straight seasons with 40 or more receptions...

hannah_john_2x.jpg

John Hannah

9 Pro Bowls

11 All Pros

On the 1970's and 1980's All-Decade Teams

Alright, so he's actually probably not the "Greatest Offensive Lineman of All Time" (due to Anthony Munoz), but considering he was apparently once considered so, and is still one of the greatest run blockers of all time, I'm gonna take him.

Ray Nitschke is not a very hard pick at this point. Can't let him pass any further, seeing as he was namedropped. Ah hell, I would've picked him anyway, namedrop or not.

AAEB022~Ray-Nitschke-Running-Posters.jpg

Rod Woodson is a pretty damn good selection. I would've taken him before Thomas or Lott.