TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 86: Jackson vs Griffin

First, it was a joke.

Second, you're right, I rarely post in this folder. I did a few times during one of the TUF seasons a few years ago, but really don't follow the sport closely enough to converse with most of you. I read the threads frequently - especially the PPV threads - but wouldn't be able to really hang with you guys in terms of knowledge, so don't bother posting my two-cents and wasting anyone's time.

How about you continue to stop posting in here, especially if you are going to come here and flamebait me because you have some kind of lame vendetta against me, that I do not personally care about.

Third, while my post was meant good-naturedly, it's funny to me that you'd go out of your way to condemn "fighter bashing" one day and then speak negatively about a fighter the next. Methinks you were so quick to condemn "fighter bashing" yesterday because it was the guy that you supported being bashed ... and then so quick to knock Danzig today because he was speaking favorably of the guy that just beat the guy that you support. Practice what you preach, EHME.

You're an idiot...

I did not bash Mac Danzig for speaking flavorably about Forrest Griffin... If he thought Forrest won that's cool. But then he went out of his way to bash Rampage.

"He was training in the gym everyday, not running around with a chain around his neck, telling people he's a thug"

He accused Rampage of not training, and running around "with a chain around his neck, telling people he's a thug"... Which is complete utter bullshit considering Rampage is one of the most down to earth people in the sport. Although Rampage does talk about his troubled past, he does not claim he's any kind of thug. I find it very disrespectful of Mac to say something like that about a fighter who's accomplished more then what he can dream of. But then again this isn't the 1st time Mac has put his foot in his mouth. Therefore bashing him for fighter bashing is warranted.

So please niskie, go away as I don't care for your little bickering to me back and forth in my favorite folder.

Whatever, Forrest is the champ and it's not going to change.

Provided Rampage isn't injured they should fight again in a few months before either fights anyone else. I think that would be the best thing at this point, it was a hot fight and deserves an immediate rematch. Hell if Arlvoski and Sylvia can go 4 months later after their second fight why not these two?

Also, do you think Forrest's life flashed before his eyes when Rampage picked him up? And how fucking strong do you have to be to do that? I mean, I've heard Rampage say he doesn't do weight training. So whatever he does I need to do dammit because it's working.

Whatever, Forrest is the champ and it's not going to change.

Provided Rampage isn't injured they should fight again in a few months before either fights anyone else. I think that would be the best thing at this point, it was a hot fight and deserves an immediate rematch. Hell if Arlvoski and Sylvia can go 4 months later after their second fight why not these two?

Also, do you think Forrest's life flashed before his eyes when Rampage picked him up? And how fucking strong do you have to be to do that? I mean, I've heard Rampage say he doesn't do weight training. So whatever he does I need to do dammit because it's working.

Normally I never agree with you, but I do believe this is what the UFC needs to do.

Bringing up Arlovski/Sylvia doesn't really help the opinion though. The difference between Arlovski/Sylvia was that the HW lack any really legit contenders at this point to make a better fight. That is not the case when it comes to the Light Heavyweight divison of today.

But beyond that, Rampage/Griffin I was a controversial fight that needs to be settle sooner better then later. I don't believe Rampage shouldn't have to earn his way to get a rematch for the title, after a close desicion... In these cases there should be immediate rematches. Thats one of the few things that positive about boxing. Griffin didn't do enough IMO, to really claim he was the Light Heavyweight king of the world... If he beat Rampage X2, then he could wear the crown with honor, as the 1st fight is filled with controversey.

The difference between Arlovski/Sylvia matching up quickly after was that it was a necessity due to the complete lack of depth in the HW division at the time. Griffin/Jackson was a controversial fight, yes but I'd rather see both guys fight again before a rematch. They could do Forrest vs winner of Chuck/Rashad in December and sometime around then or after do Rampage/Wanderlei for #1 contender.