TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 86: Jackson vs Griffin

I hate when TUF ties up a title like this. With injuries to GSP and later Serra the welterweight title went undefended for over a year. The light heavyweight title is going to be 11 months without a defense until 86. And Nog's gonna have the title a year + before defending it when it comes to his fight with Mir

And Rampage isn't?

He's had the belt for a year. I don't think he's going to take his fight as seriously as he should. Hopefully, Forrest will pull an upset.

Rampage isn't stupid, he knows what people are saying in regards to him not defending the belt in close to a year and I imagine that should be a fairly motivating factor for training.

And Rampage isn't?

He's had the belt for a year. I don't think he's going to take his fight as seriously as he should. Hopefully, Forrest will pull an upset.

Do you know who Rampage is, especially at this stage in his career? His hungry to keep the title and remain the best Light Heavyweight in the world...

And the one thing Juanito Ibarra does best for Rampage is keep him motivated.

I don't see Marcus being able to take Tyson down, thus leaving him prey to a fighter with superior stand-up ability.

I saw it more as Griffin takes Aurelio down, leading to a sub.

I don't see Marcus being able to take Tyson down, thus leaving him prey to a fighter with superior stand-up ability.

I saw it more as Griffin takes Aurelio down, leading to a sub.

Griffin's style is the worst kind for Aurelio, have you seen the Ishida and Guida fights? Griffin has better sub-defense then both of them.

It's not a bad bet but like Carlito said Marcus has been beaten by fighters with similar styles so I see no reason why Tyson can't replicate a similar result. If Griffin wins I see no reason why he shouldn't be fighting for a title shot in his next bout.

It's not a bad bet but like Carlito said Marcus has been beaten by fighters with similar styles so I see no reason why Tyson can't replicate a similar result. If Griffin wins I see no reason why he shouldn't be fighting for a title shot in his next bout.

I want to see him take on someone else, because he certainly isn't getting a title shot before Florian/Huerta winner...

A Diaz/Griffin grudge match would be awesome.

If Diaz gets past Neer in September and comes out okay I see no reason why they couldn't do Diaz/Griffin on the November or December shows. I would pay dirty PPV prices to hear Nate's take on Griffin leaving the camp.

"I was recently watching 'The Bourne Identity,' and I decided that is the style I need to do," he said. "Whatever you call that, that's what I'm doing."- Forrest, discussing his strategy for the Rampage fight.

I eagerly anticipate seeing Rampage getting stabbed through the hand with a pencil.

Well it looks like UFC 86 is a go for my place, so like usual, anyone interested in making the trip to Sacramento......consider yourself invited, and come thirsty!!!

So, does anybody care about this show? Like I've said before the main card is solid but there's a distinct lack of buzz surrounding the main event and I'm not sure what (if any) impact that might have on the overall buyrate. The fact that both Forrest and Rampage haven't fought in a year and that neither of them came off of TUF looking better then before doesn't help things. Just 'cause, picks at the moment...

Rampage, TKO R3

Almeida, Sub R1

Koscheck, DEC (This is the safe bet but I'm rooting for Lytle to take his head off)

Stevenson, UD

Griffin, UD

Of course I care about this show... Rampage is one of my favorite fighters, so I am pumped up to watch it.

I think Almeida/Cote and Koscheck/Lytle are both very good fights as well... Very interested in them.

I'm worried about the two LW fights, mainly because I see wrestling-centric UD victories for Joe and Griffin. Tyson is almost always exciting and the possibility of an Aurelio sub heightens the tension when they go to the mat but I see Joe playing it safe coming off the BJ tooling and humping his way to victory of Gleison.

I think Cote gets tapped quite easily but I hope I'm proven wrong but Lytle/Koscheck is a potential FOTYC if Josh shows the agressiveness he brought to the table against Hazlett.

Stevenson hump Tibau? Not likely. Gleison is a good wrestler, with strong BJJ and what looked to be improved striking against Tyson. It's actually more likely that Gleison L&P's on Joe, but I'm optimistic that they will trade takedowns enough that neither guy will feel confident enough in simply controlling for a JD.

Mik's gonna be bent you stole his thunder.

So, Forrest broke Wanderlei's nose in training for this fight. By all accounts he's handling this pretty seriously so I expect Rampage to work for his victory.

Sorry for slacking on my mod duties...my life will be back to normal next week.

I think I talked some casual MMA fan friends of mine in to ordering so I may just get to see this tonight.

Quinton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin- Griffin will look to exchange with Rampage and that will be his downfall.

KO 1ST RD 2:45 Rampage

Josh Koscheck vs Chris Lytle- Koscheck 3rd RD Submission RNC

Tyson Griffin vs Marcus Aurelio- Griffin will brawl and make it an ugly fight.

Griffin Decision

Patrick Cote vs Ricardo Almeida- Cote by decision

Joe Stevenson vs Gleison Tibeau- Stevenson gains some redemption after losses to the best fighters in his decison.

Stevenson 1st RD KO GNP