TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

Yeah, man. Like I'm going to post when it's my turn and not pick? Come on now.

Be glad this isn't the music draft, where weeks pass with nobody picking.

Okay, glad a lot of people weren't around for that attempted pick.

Now, I'm going to go with The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

JayLeno.jpg

Definitely the third option for late night tv, but still generally funny, plus it's really a value pick. Going on 17 years of nightly programming, musical guests and basically a way to remember what was going on all those years when I'm bored and lonely on the island.

Leno was no where near as funny as Carson, but he's my generation. Carson just never felt that relevant to me.

image029.jpg

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Well I have to pick the other Ronald Moore series. Undoubtly my favorite Trek and there's seven seasons to watch. Great storylines, characters and I loved the war. Not like other Treks at all.

I'm pretty damn happy with my picks so far. I think I watch so much TV, that I won't run out of shows to pick.

Law and Order

orbach.jpg

Been on since 1990, and I'm stuck on an island. I can sit and watch episodes of this show all day long, and have. It's a good, simple procedural with solid (if melodramatic) acting.

I almost risked it on the way back but figured my next pick had a better shot of riding out the next 4 picks for me to get mine back.

I dunno what it is, but I stalk this thread

wwevalance.jpg

WWE Friday Night Smackdown!

Figure I should pick up some wrestling while I still can. Worth the pick just for the Smackdown Six era.

For my next pick you unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the...

film-twilight-zone.jpg

The Twilight Zone - What really needs to be said about one of the all time classic TV shows of all time?

and sticking with the sci-fi theme as I don't know if this one'll make it back to me...

x-files1.jpg

The X-Files - Aye it lost steam in the final few seasons, but still overall a really solid show and one of my fav sci-fi series.

rome.jpg

Rome, HBO

Marc Antony: "I'm not getting out of bed until I fuck somebody."

TV's best sex and violence, great mix of what happened then with a lil fiction. Great stuff, Marc Antony vs Octavian in season 2 was awesome.

SEND PMs, PEOPLE. IT ISNT HARD.

No Reservations

bourdain_no_reservations.jpg

I watch this show religiously, I love it, havn't missed an episode and I'll need creative ways to eat all the bugs and snakes I'll be forced to eat... plus a warm reminder of civilizations.

sportscenter_logo.jpg

If y'all are picking all the daily talk shows, I'm picking ESPN SportsCenter. Its been on forever and I could watch it forever.

sportscenter_logo.jpg

If y'all are picking all the daily talk shows, I'm picking ESPN SportsCenter. Its been on forever and I could watch it forever.

I assume the desert island thing means that all you'll get are reruns though

I've decided to go from a value pick last round to a quality over quantity pick this round. This show might have been around until the end, but I didn't want to take that chance.

51YAPsDLEVL._SS500_.jpg

I didn't know how much people around here had ever watched this show, but it is just fantastic. Really ahead of its time by several years. David Kelly show that probably got the least press/promotion, but was also among his best.

The acting, directing and writing are all top notch on this series. Philip “Fyvush” Finkel is at the top of his game as lawyer Douglas Wambaugh and even Lauren Holly does a great job acting. You also have Tom Skeritt, Kathy Baker, Holly Marie Combs and Don Cheadle. That's a hell of a cast right there.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
SEND PMs, PEOPLE. IT ISNT HARD.

No Reservations

bourdain_no_reservations.jpg

I watch this show religiously, I love it, havn't missed an episode and I'll need creative ways to eat all the bugs and snakes I'll be forced to eat... plus a warm reminder of civilizations.

That guy is a goddamned riot. Have you read Kitchen Confidential?