TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

Last three picks for me:

Silk-Stalkings-The-Complete-First-Season.jpg

Silk Stalkings - Decent detective show from USA network. Had a longer run than it should have, but was usually enjoyable. Lots of your standard USA T&A too.

4905b220dca0a299121f8010._AA240_.L.jpg

Beverly Hills Bordello - For all of your soft core masturbation needs on the island! Got to have some tits to look at.

And finally:

columbo.jpg

Just one more thing...

So good. Probably not seen by many here, but whatever. Peter Faulk owned as Lt. Columbo. Show had a good run and then a nice revival in the 80's.

And, I'm out!

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Nighthawk absolutely destroyed this draft. Best one by miles.

Sidenote: Mole didn't pick a single show I can even tolerate, of the ones I've seen.

Funny, I was thinking there's not a whole lot on there I'd watch. There are only two or three shows that I've seen that I actually like, Bullshit! being the best one. I'd probably like MST3K and Chapelle's Show if I'd seen them, though.

Sidenote: Mole didn't pick a single show I can even tolerate, of the ones I've seen.

Entourage? Freaks and Geeks? Nothing?

Eh, well.

Trigun.png

Trigun

I needed something more action-y and while I was hoping for live action, pretty much everything I would want there was already gone.

Aaaaand finally let's go with something nobody else will have ever heard of, hence why it's pick #20:

KING_TV_Almost_Live_logo.png

Almost Live!

I am a lifelong Seattle native, and so even if I don't think the show was actually exceptionally funny or anything, it's still fifteen years worth of a Seattle-based sketch comedy program that had its moments and will constantly remind me of home, via telegraphed jokes about how damn bland Bellevue really, truly is.

ok, my final pick is for something I'm sure will be much needed after bieng alone on the island for a bit...can't find a picture for it but it's the SkineMax series....

Hotel Erotica

4361285_tml.jpg

Bedtime Stories

Hey everyone needs their Skinemax

1063455_356x237.jpg

VH1's I Love the (decade)

A big ole pot of pop culture goodness

LuckieLouie.jpg

Lucky Louie

I enjoyed it, especially since it felt like it was a callback to early cable.

legends08.JPG

Disneyland

Pure americana

2004038175.jpg

Emeril Live

Without him, Food network probably would have never survived

22628f.jpg

Da Ali G Show

Always cracks me up whenever I catch it.

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles_1987.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Purely nostalgia.

original-group.jpg

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers

Nostalgia from a few years later.

fmatter6.jpg

Family Matters

Was decent until it went crazy with stuff like cloning and time travel (I think they did that, right?).

hoborock.jpg

The Littlest Hobo

Just for the theme song:

Well, I leave for the week tomorrow, so I am going to throw out my ranking now (I think it is safe to assume none of the remaining picks would really shake anything up more than at most a one spot swap at the bottom of the list)

1. Black Flagg

The top of this draft was just a firing squad aimed at the top of my list.

2. Jebus

Conan and The Simpsons are both high end obviously, with plenty of volume. I like the run from rounds 11-14.

3. Mole

I love me the Bones and obviously am gay for the Firefly, with another 5 or 6 shows to supplement. Would have hopped over Jebus, but there just isn't the volume in the Firefly/Bones duo as Conan/Simpsons.

4. RepoMan

Not much depth, but The Office and South Park would be in my top 6-8 overall so snagging both of them is big to me.

5. YNA

Dexter and Kids In The Hall were up there on my overall list. Fan of Sports Night, MNF gets me some sports volume, and this would finally be my chance to sit down and watch the HBO series that I just never get around to.

6. Darthtiki

Getting the whole Buffyverse was solid. And have to admit my enjoyment of the Dawson's Creek. Run through the whole series a couple times from reruns during my unemployed stretch.

7. Treble

A lot of shows I really like, just nothing I love that I would bump the top shows from the 6 above for.

8. Milky

MST3K and Chappelle are money. The Roseanne pick was terrific, one of the few after the first few rounds that pissed me off as I had it lined up.

9. Gosunkugi

10. C Dubya 04

These two are basically 9 and 9a. Fall into the same area as treble where I like the shows (just a couple less each), just don't love any.

11. Canadian Brandon

12. Canadian Chris

13. Gwil

14. Jorge

It'd probably be better to just give our thoughts here, top three, whatever comments you want to make. Worked in the music draft.

I kinda need the first post updated to do it, though, to see who has what.

IMO, Canadian Brandon fuckin' rocked this shit with Seinfeld, Boy Meets World, and Raw. There isn't a question in my mind that it would be his island I would live on.

After that, it's Team Treble vs. Team RepoMan as LOST, All in the Family, and Survivor take on The Office, South Park, and Smackdown.