TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

SNME Spoilers for 8/2

Courtesy of the Observer site....

Paul London beat Charlie Haas in a dark match.

1. JBL & Cody Rhodes & Kane & Ted DiBiase Jr. beat John Cena & Batista & Cryme Tyme. JBL pinned JTG after a closeline from hell. CM Punk did commentary.

2. Great Khali beat Jimmy Wang Yang in a squash.

They did the segment with Jenny McCarthy and the autism stuff.

3. Edge beat Jeff Hardy with a spear after interference from MVP, likely leading to Jeff vs. MVP at SummerSlam.

-------

I would imagine more backstage segments added or not announced from the initial spoilers. Show sounds horribly dull with the exception of Edge/Hardy.

To make people want to buy the PPV to see the faces avenge themselves...fairly basic booking if done correctly

Still seems kinda odd, given how this show is more about autism awareness than advancing WWE storylines.

There's only 3 matches total? Isn't SNME two hours long or is it just an hour?

There's only 3 matches total? Isn't SNME two hours long or is it just an hour?

One hour only. Clearly they didn't really give it much thought because of that fact and because it's more just hype for autism than anything. I read somewhere else that before and after every match, they have celebrities doing interviews about the disease. It's a classy move by the company, though, to generate focus to a special cause during what was going to be a throwaway show anyway.

IIRC, this might be the last SNME on the current contract, as well.

I too am glad that they got rid of those 2 hour SNME from the past 2 years. Those shows sucked, and were a waste of time and money. Its good to see that they made it a 1 hour show.

So is Jenny McCarthy going to beat up Eugene? I wish that segment would have been explained better.

So is Jenny McCarthy going to beat up Eugene? I wish that segment would have been explained better.

I'm sure its just her in the ring talking about autism awareness, probably with a video package about the cause to boot. Nothing of significance.

I don't like this autism foundation they're raising money or whatever for.

Neither do I... and I'm an autistic.

Generation Rescue (the group Jenny is promoting) is nothing but a fringe anti-vaccination group.

Hardy and Edge was a well laid out match, otherwise nothing on this show was even really entertaining to me.

So I've been watching this, and I really think that having Khali/Yang on NATIONAL BROADCAST TV is not a good wa to get people interested.

This was basically paint by numbers. No brand champions wrestled, no ECW and the only woman who got significant on site air time was Jenny McCarthy. It was there just to be there, I guess.

Right now they just went to break during Edge/Hardy. This match has been good so far, as was the 8 man. Khali vs. Yang was what I expected. But the highlight of the night so far has to be the "Mickie James Roast Beef" sign. Love it.

Right now they just went to break during Edge/Hardy. This match has been good so far, as was the 8 man. Khali vs. Yang was what I expected. But the highlight of the night so far has to be the "Mickie James Roast Beef" sign. Love it.

Hahaha, oh yes, I forgot to mention that, nice call there! Obviously they must have taken that sign later in the evening when they started Raw. I imagine that got some good laughs from the back.

For those who have the capacity of HD and the NBC HD channel, was it just here or was about half the show only in HD? Basically the opening match and Edge/Hardy.

:lol: Well if it was taken, they must be aware of what that shit looks like.

I did watch this last night. It was my first chance to finally see WWE in HD, and it did look great. The only downside is that I did see quite a bit of pixelation when the wrestlers came out in front of the Titantron. Other than that the picture quality was great.

Very paint by numbers. The eight man tag was fairly fun, but that was about it. You could tell they were just kind of doing this show just to be done with it.

I don't like this autism foundation they're raising money or whatever for.

Neither do I... and I'm an autistic.

Generation Rescue (the group Jenny is promoting) is nothing but a fringe anti-vaccination group.

I tend to go with Autism Speaks out of the autism foundations since they're for research rather than just outright saying "let's cure it."