TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

WrestleMania 25

I think what Next USC means by Taker/Shawn being a throwaway segment in the Rumble was because it never lead to a feud or a match at Wrestlemania or anything. I personally think it was done just to give the 07 Rumble an epic finish to it, and that was one of the best Rumbles. Would Cena even be back in time for WM next year? I thought his injury was for at least a year or so. And I would like to see Taker/Shawn at WM next year, but I just don't see WWE doing it, since HHH needs a challenger, and Taker is obviously going to be that guy. That match will also be a political nightmare backstage too.

It's been reported everywhere numerous times that Cena will only be out for a few months. Taker v. HHH will make me throw up in my mouth, but if Triple H ends the streak, I will laugh very hard.

In my opinion, because it would divide the audience. I understand the aspect of the whole "epic face vs epic face" showdown, but in Texas, it'd be more preferrable if both Taker and Shawn got the full support of the crowd, rather than having it be split. Well not personally preferred, but Taker and Shawn would prefer that, I'm sure. Then again I'm sure Taker would prefer to take on Shawn if it means his streak remaining intact. Cuz HHH will just fight hard to take that away.

It'd be interesting if they would promote Undertaker being in his hometown in this current persona. It was different in 2001 with the Biker gimmick but how much can you push the Houston element to that hypothetical match with the dead man gimmick? Personally, I don't think the hometown/state issue is that important. The match would be huge anywhere.

Of course it would be huge anywhere. That's why its better where you dont split their home state crowd. Remember how Austin was cheered in Texas despite being turned heel? You are talking about Shawn Michaels and Undertaker here. Do you think they can set their egos aside in case the other guy gets more cheers?

Yes. HBK worked a face v. face match at the last Wrestlemania.

The fact that it's face v. face will make it more fun and more epic. People love Taker's streak and it will be Houston, he'll be cheered over HBK

Of course it would be huge anywhere. That's why its better where you dont split their home state crowd. Remember how Austin was cheered in Texas despite being turned heel? You are talking about Shawn Michaels and Undertaker here. Do you think they can set their egos aside in case the other guy gets more cheers?

Absolutely. Shawn will take any high profile match he can get. He was willing to lose cheers for the Flair match and the only thing Shawn hasn't done at WM is be a part of that historic streak (which includes three of his best friends) so I can see him willing to share the crowd. Shawn has a horrible record at WM, so he isn't typically concerned about doing a job as long as it is a major match (although he has had issues with whom he does a job for).