TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

TSM Madden NFL 09 Online League Thread

Hell of a finish between me and KingPK. My field goal with two minutes and change left gives him possession at the two-minute warning with a 17-10 lead. I hold him off but use up my timeouts. So I take over with 45 seconds left. My first run goes nowhere, my second-down pass is good for 65 yards downfield. (One of just three completions by Russell on the day). With eight seconds left, I attempt a homerun from the 25-yard line, but it's picked off in the endzone.

As I told him before the game, Tiger's the only game I've played all week, but I wasn't nearly as rusty as I thought.

Darren McFadden is a slick motherfucker; guys were just sliding off him.

This ended up being the turning point in the game since it gave me the cushion I needed to focus on containing McFadden.

It's 1 game against each person. After experiencing problems with leagueson CAG (which I didn't create) and anotehr board, I figured 8 games total, followed by playoffs, would be the best way to get shit done. We could always do another, longer league afterwards if this one proves successful.

Darren McFadden is a slick motherfucker; guys were just sliding off him.

This ended up being the turning point in the game since it gave me the cushion I needed to focus on containing McFadden.

That's AWESOME that videos of in-game highlights can go online.

On the other hand, your horribly open receiver will give the impression that my defence is shit, when I wasn't too disappointed in my d today. Hey, if it fools everyone, maybe it's worth it.

My Gamertag is DallasCowboyHOF whenever someone wants to play.

Did you actually join the league?

And man... I still can't believe I couldn't challenge that bullshit Schaub TD pass.

My Gamertag is DallasCowboyHOF whenever someone wants to play.

Did you actually join the league?

And man... I still can't believe I couldn't challenge that bullshit Schaub TD pass.

Have to tonight. I finally got another ethernet cable today so I should be able to join tonight.

Tried to have a game last night but it wouldn't let us (Broward) advance from the team selection screen. It kept asking us to choose our playbooks, each time defaulting them to CHI. I'll try again tonight if anyone wants a game. That's around 11pm GMT/5pm East Coast.

That's what Broward told me before we played. That's very odd. I seem to be the only one that hasn't had problems playing online aside from some lag.

Of course, I probably just jinxed myself there.

EDIT: From the game with Broward comes the three words that everyone in this league are going to fear:

Brady to Moss

Edited by KingPK

..and so it happens still.

Wok and I tried to set up a game and it kept defaulting my Off/Def to Chicago...

I honestly think it might be something with him being in the UK since PK and I haven't had this happen..

Yeah, just tried with PK same thing. I think its me! :( I had xbox aids! Just tried a random online game, and there's a roster update for me now, I remember Broward said he had one yesterday. I'm trying to download it, but it keeps failing. Wonder if that has something to do with it!

EDIT: Latest Roster Update has now been downloaded, willing to try again if anyone is interested.

Just played Leo.

Houston at New York J-E-T-S.

38-7

Favre had 5 picks (with I think a pick six), Schaub had over two-hundred passing yards and a few passing TD's

Cowboy, add me to your XBL friend's list.

Just got done playing Canuck.

I forget the score..but I know he had a huge return for a TD with Hall.

Bennett Pick-6

Was a sloppy game all the way..my line couldn't block for shit but by the grace of god I was able to get a decent pass rush going.

Just got done playing Canuck.

I forget the score..but I know he had a huge return for a TD with Hall.

Bennett Pick-6

Was a sloppy game all the way..my line couldn't block for shit but by the grace of god I was able to get a decent pass rush going.

The huge return was your first comment of the game? That's pretty generous.

I lost 34-10. Russell threw SIX picks. Even with five, I could have seen some humour in it (think the beginning of Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" rant).

I might have had more sacks than picks, though.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, I'm going to "retire" from the league then come back with a new team. Either Steelers or Seahawks, I'm going to try out for a bit with both teams then come in with one. I don't think anyone here had either team "claimed", so I'm coming in with one of those teams. I'm just not used to the Jets, and I don't like them much anyways.

Guest Vitamin X

Oookay, so it won't let me back in. Whoops! Ah, screw the Jets anyways. You all can play me, with me starring as the Packers, until Matt invites me back into the league, and pretty much even then.

Wok and I tried to set up a game and it kept defaulting my Off/Def to Chicago...

I honestly think it might be something with him being in the UK since PK and I haven't had this happen..

I don't think it is, because I've had this happen with other people on my XBL list who are from the US.

Yeah, the lag drove me nuts too. I was wondering when it was gonna disconnect. I got fairly lucky there.

I feel I had a pretty good game though. Caused 4 turnovers, a fumble that was returned for a TD and even got some help from Frank Gore who had 124 total yards and 2 TDs.

Not too bad.

Good game, Cowboy.

All that aside... who woulda thought that the guy using the 49ers would be 2-0? :P