TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (8/18/2008)

im still bitter that i won't be seeing the jericho hbk blow off at unforgiven... maybe they will throw jericho in the scramble and hbk will come out and cost him the match?

They did give the reaction of both according to Michael Cole which apparently was, "Eh, I'll win it again, no big deal."

I'm thinking Jericho does get added to the scramble but HBK comes out, they brawl right out of the place and brawl Jericho out of the match. Probably would work better, unless they plan to let Punk get the win back and then Jericho loses to HBK. Of course that scenario would leave Jericho completely useless again.

Your sig is fucking evil. What's it from?

They did give the reaction of both according to Michael Cole which apparently was, "Eh, I'll win it again, no big deal."

I'm thinking Jericho does get added to the scramble but HBK comes out, they brawl right out of the place and brawl Jericho out of the match. Probably would work better, unless they plan to let Punk get the win back and then Jericho loses to HBK. Of course that scenario would leave Jericho completely useless again.

You are like the fifth person to ask. I really should add something under it so people know. It's a skit from Tim and Eric: Awesome Show

Jake the Snake's review. I really like his idea for Jericho/Michaels.

RAW Review: August 18, 2008

Quick thank you to all who read my report and hope something is gained each and every time you do, whether fan, wrestler, or you're lost or bored. This is why it's done and the only reason I do it is for love of the wrestling ring--I regard as my only true love. Only hard thing I must endure are the moments I feel are wasted, misused, misrepresented by those who aren't qualified: Lack the talent, respect or passion the ring deserves!

Now lets go for it. Summerslam. The music, wife's tears, the look, the punch, and damned, Jericho, you didn't even knock her out! Though she did give you the deer in the headlights look. Jericho, the better part of your interview was when you weren't talking. Simply looking at the people. In this situation, I feel interview should have been done in a lawyer's office or possibly at the WWE. Possibly starting out, saying you're sorry. Then have someone of power enter and tell you that you are suspended indefinitely, accidental or not, doesn't matter. This is the time that you go off and blame everyone but yourself. Fans, Shawn, the dog next door, blame everyone. Put it on their shoulders. And you might even go as far as looking into the camera, taking a deep breath, cross your heart and say "I swear, it was an accident. Trust me…" Great thing about this is you damned near blinded Shawn, but hell, she walked out. This puts Shawn in position to beg for your reinstatement. Might even try bribing the WWE, paying to get an opportunity to get his hands on you, so he can have his revenge. WWE and boy I shouldn't give this away, could also suspend Shawn for his actions, bribery, physical and verbal threats against WWE and the McMahons. Wife might even give a teary eyed interview with children begging WWE to let this match happen as much as they hate it, they realize that they'll never have a father, or a husband until this is settled.

My suggestion would be to come with some outside investor who possibly could set them up for a one match PPV... no time limit no fans no referee, just a damned barn somewhere. Wow. That would be some horse crap. Then, they could give all proceeds to a battered woman's help organization.

How bout that Freddie?

Batista vs Paul Burchill

Smart stuff by Paul, aggressive, solid, vicious, and just a damned good heel. Expect him to be on top sooner or later. Lord knows there's plenty of room now. This guy's got it. Batista, for most part, pretty good, except forgetting to sell the knee after Paul delivered wonderful and believable stuff. No one has ever looked as good as Batista physically. And he's come a long way, reacting, facial expressions, and can even show you his moods. I hope he remembers the guys that taught him and brought him to the top. The one match that I think changed his career for the better and turned him into an animal was with the late great Chris Benoit. I felt that was his best match and still is. Sad thing is: you're wasting Paul on a friggin two minute match. Is somebody afraid that he might get over even more than he already is? Remember jealousy has killed more people than war ever will. It's all the haves and the have nots.

Mickey James & Kelly Kelly vs Jillian and Katie

Thank you women for delivering a pretty damned good match. Each one of you showcased your strengths ... that's smart. But remember you did have help. Kelly acrobatics, well timed and the heels were there to do their part. Kelly don't feel so bad about Jillian standing on your hair, and pulling your arms.

Andre did that to me every damned night for months and for it to look good, it has to hurt. Am I right in saying that hair can sound like a guitar string breaking? You would know. Katie same as your brother in all aspects. It's a pleasure to watch both of you work. Jillian, solid also. Mickey James has the most important tool for a baby face … she's a firecracker. You have to have fire as a baby face and probably the most important thing is knowing how to sell. If I didn't know better, I'd say Steamboat has been schooling you. He's a damned good teacher, and he's a sucker for the DDT on the floor. Please work on the DDT, girl, you're still better than the guys.

Five minutes for the ladies and they set a little heat, could have used another minute or so to get it right. Don't be afraid to try.

JBL vs Jamie Noble

Bully is correct. God, I finally agreed with you Lawler. Jamie, if you don't have heat with someone there damned sure should be some now. JBL, work on that short armed clothesline. Watch some footage, learn to do it right. Jamie you may heal from the unnecessary abuse but did you learn you might as well get your shots in when in ring with someone who is going to rip your head off? If this had been a street fight, Jamie would have given up a minute and 1/2 earlier, and JBL would have been arrested. Sometimes it's not courage that brings you to your feet Jamie, its ignorance.

Mike Adamle

Championship Scramble at next PPV

What are we building for here? Oh I know, Wrestlemania, pin the tail, or belt, on the donkey, or the ass. This will be a tool used to set the angles in motion but what the hell ever happened to 2 men (capable) going out putting in some time and building as high as they want. OH I know, never mind, no one would understand it. Will Punk still be champ by then? They must assume so, bad thing about assume, as it makes an ass out of you and me.

Rhodes, Dibiase, vs Cena

Why would we want so much distance in the caliber of talent presented? Last week the kids beat Cena and Batista. And even after the super physical match-up at Slam, Cena able to come back next day and beat two guys that him and Batista could not beat the week before. Bastista didn't look real bad, hell he even limped occasionally, but he still did his power moves and each time landing on the knees hard.

Cena, who supposedly had his guts jumbled by Batista bomb off second rope which announcers over-sold, yet he was sent out to humiliate the champs two on one. But it gets worse. Before match starts, Cryme Tyme runs down and steal the belts ... surely headed to pawn shop... but wait a minute … break the windows out of limo spray paint it with graffiti, hmmm, and theft now? Where the hell is Al Sharpeton when you need him? Most of the work was solid although Dibiase moved too soon for Cena to hit turnbuckle. When you do that, makes baby face look like an idiot. Better way to do it, is when you hit the corner, and he heads toward you, take a half a step out begin falling and hit him in the back which propels him into turnbuckle. Now for those who want real heat, have the referee two steps from the corner, along the rope, as baby face charges reach out grab ref's hand and pull yourself out of corner that way. Or you could pull referee into harms way.

Lets talk about anticipation. You see it's okay to telegraph an evil and behind the back cheating move such as, tag partner, draws ref, you go to floor, and do damage on the face. Smart guys telegraphing but they don't do it. They let the referee turn around and catch them just as they are about to unload. Respecting the referee and not going for cheap heat and that is what it is, when you turn the referee around and allow your partner to go for the kill. What really sucks is when face has tag team partner standing in the corner with his thumb up his Ga-haaa ... you get it. Rhodes, you need to work on your kicks, also. Learn how to stand up, you don't want to accentuate your lack of height. Who's taller, you or Adamle? Now here we go, this stinks to high heaven. Guys worked hard, and Cena did his part as only he can. But after selling for six minutes, he hulks up, gets up, forgets what he was selling and just kicks everybody's BUTT. Cena--not only do you destroy your opponent's credibility but this also makes you a phony. You should know better than that.

Harley Race at ringside. Seemed to look better than he did when he was working. Tell me something, Harley. Are you handcuffed to that chair? If not, how in the hell did you not get up and show choke some of these guys?

CM still got a long way to go with interviews and speaking in general.

Santino, Intercontinental champ, Glamazon, Women's champ, after Slam Fiasco.

Santino vs D'Lo

D'lo, don't you hate going on when you are in the popcorn match? And fans don't scream, yell, clap, cheer, boo, or even fart.

Drama done well by the champs, Santino is doing a marvelous job. And Glamazon, getting him Dq'd , by slapping D'Lo..wow. Then how, since when? I know, I know, when you want to. Rules forever changing. For me, the aftermath was the breast part , breast Phoenix, certainly showed one of her all time breast moves. Go Santino, go, you almost do this too well. If you just didn't have the tattoos. Stop the presses, get ready to change the front page. It will be an enlarged photo of the worst missed spot ever.

Hell, D'Lo you should get a belt for that! I've seen it, I rewound and looked again, and I searched and I thought ... and I thought … and I came up with what happened. Although as you launched your svelte body flying like an eagle, like the man on the trapeze, missing Santino by 5 feet at least … us well schooled veterans know what Santino used ever see a hummingbird, wings move so fast, can't even see them ... that is what Santino was doing, and it caused a wind shear. I remember when, God bless him, Kerry Von Erich, went to drop kick Dick Murdoch and the a/c vent some 200 feet up from the ceiling blew him off course and knocked a couple of teeth out. Murdoch didn't say a word, you know why?

Because Kerry believed it. Kerry, wonderful human being and a not a mean bone in him, that's why Murdoch wasn't upset … you have no excuse for missing a spot that far, and then selling it.

Kane, please tell me, somebody wrote that interview. (the fungus in the marches of your pysche ) Kane was that a cavity on your tooth? If so, go see Isaac Yankum.

Setting the table for PPV Batista, Cena, Punk, and Kane. Good work on Batista, Kane.

CM Punk vs Jericho

Going to hometown doesn't hurt when you want some noise. Wearing the Cubs colors is okay, beware I warned you of the curse of the baby blues. Now there's one for you readers to try to figure out. Bet you don't. If so, send the answer to [email protected] and put "I KNOW the answer-Jake" on the subject line..and I will send you an autographed picture and if you can give me 5 examples of this curse, I'll even give you a phone call. Even current wrestlers are invited cause I'm damned sure you don't have a clue.

Match begins with face kicking and punching. Remember this CM, when you start the fire too soon, it will burn out long before the meal is done. Get it? In other words, pre-mature is not a good thing. You wind up getting no fruit, and it's embarrassing. You do have some awesome stuff, and Jericho smart enough to take you down and control you. Not a bad job selling ... this is smart and it's right. This is the way you build both men. It's a contest , a fight, a chess match, ups and downs, which way is it going to go. Simple and solid finish, pretty good match.

Jericho, you got a lot going, but you knows it's okay to back off as a heel. And by the way, readers, does Jericho, remind you of the spoiled preacher's son? Must be having a brain fart, CM, has the look of someone who has burnt the candle at both ends. Bags under the eyes, tattoos, bacon greased hair, mange beard, wait, could this be? I think I'm having an epiphany! You are a drug and alcohol walking, talking, wrestling, replica of Keith Richards...The resemblance...oh well...

Guys it was a good match, wonder if this was a test for CM, doing the job in his own home town? A gut check? Measuring his pride? Or maybe Vince wanted to make sure he would do the favor on your turf and not punch him out.

Nearly 30 minutes of wrestling, nearly twice as much as last week. Thank God your belt wasn't on the line CM. What's up with Adamle introducing the newest Puerto Rico superstar and as he starts the interview, by the way Carlito's brother, and walks off and leaves him standing like a geek. Is this a rib?

After all, rumor has Carlito leaving and if so, maybe the Calon family took a kick in the jewels. So what channel will Raw or Smackdown be on next week? Next year? I predict Raw will soon be laid to rest. Folks enjoy your cake and I wonder if there will be a belt for me? Everybody else has one. Wouldn't even have to wrestle. Maybe I could.

Jake

You are like the fifth person to ask. I really should add something under it so people know. It's a skit from Tim and Eric: Awesome Show

Great Job!