TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (8/18/2008)

Drained from what? Seeing the heavily pushed Stars before Punk came out?

Shouldn't he get a big reaction for making his 1st in arena appearance? You think Austin or Rock or who ever would get a luke warm response if they had a backstage promo before hand? Always killed the Rock's pops right?

Damn the crowd was really drained out. Punk isn't getting any kind of reaction.

Which match are YOU watching?

Unless that was sarcasm.

That was sarcasm. People have been talking all night about how the crowd would be drained and their reaction to Punk would be lukewarm.

Did he expect ovations for wearing Cubbie tights? There are still White Sox fans at RAW, even if their murder of Seattle was a sell out tonight.

At first sight, I thought they were Pepsi tights. Is Punk a really big fan of Greg Maddux with the #31 knee pads?

Chi-town fans are relatively smart, and hated Cena at Mania a couple of years ago, so it wouldn't be surprising some of the crowd would be behind Jericho. He debuted in Chicago too, right? Trying to play on the Cubs/White Sox shit too is gay. King and Cole using it for an excuse when Cena got booed "This city is split!"

*sigh*

I'll never understand why they always job the hometown star.

Hometown loser!

It never ends...

I'm not even going to say it.

Uh oh. The Punkers are going to be angry.

And with good reason.

One step forward and two steps back with this company.

No point in this result whatsoever.

I'm not even going to say it.

Good.

Chris is my dude, but they get the BOO-URNS for that ending. And it was so abrupt at that. At least have Chris do some more extravagant cheating.

Good match, though.

Are you kidding? That ending ruled. I didn't know if they had the balls to do it in Chicago but dammit, they had the balls to do it in Chicago.

Absolutely awesome.

Has anyone else noticed that Raw has ended at 8 (Pacific) the last couple weeks, and has been listed as such in the guide? I guess they wanted Burn Notice to start at 8 rather than 8:05-8:07 since it's a popular show for them now.

Tonight's Raw was the first bad one in over 2 months. Granted, I was in a bad mood, making it hard to enjoy anything, but yeah- this show sucked.

Look, Jericho is being set up as the main heel right now after JBL. He needs to be in the title match, this ending gets him into the title match. Now Punk can beat him clean at Unforgiven for the final pin to retain. It's actually smart booking. Chris becomes an even bigger EFFECTIVE heel, Punk has more to prove than ever before going into the toughest match of his life and he'll come out of it still the champion.

So he just lost a non-title match in his hometown. It's the perfect way to keep Jericho burning strong and it keeps Punk with his "gotta keep proving myself" character. They might have been able to do it next week but then who does Punk face? JBL again? Pull a TNA and break out the re-match the very next show?

They needed to get Jericho in, they got Jericho in. And if Jericho isn't in, well then yeah it looks like a lousy move. If it all ends with Jericho losing to Cena next week, then yeah, it was a waste of time and can't be seen in any positive light.