TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2008-09 NHL Preseason

From what I'm hearing out of Minnesota, (as if they weren't going to be shaky enough offensively losing Rolston and Demitra), Gaborik's fairly unhappy as well. He's arguably the best player in the league when healthy.

1197399825.jpg I argue that. *wins Norris trophy*

ovechkin_caps_shirt.jpg I argue that. *celebrates*

sidney_crosby.jpg I argue with that. *dives*

thorntonx.jpg I argue that. *disappears*

jarome-iginla.jpg Argued.

vinnyNJ.jpg Argued.

Gaborik just cracked the 80 point mark last year, his seventh year. He has talent but has yet to put it together to make a solid scoring winger. I understand that he plays in a defensive system, but a lot of other players do as well. Patrik Elias has made his entire career in NJ and has cracked 80 points twice, one of them being a 96 point season. He's never finished below 50 in a complete season where he saw actual minutes. Again, Gaborik is talented, but I'd put him somewhere in back of the top 20 best players in the league when healthy.

Wow. I always thought his stats were higher. To answer Czech's question (upon reviewing his career stats), yes. This is the first I remember of him being outspokenly unhappy, but only once in seven seasons as he cracked the 80-game plateau. He's averaging a little fewer than 70 a season, which isn't Colaiacovo levels, but that's still a dozen games missed.

MORE APPROPRIATE STATEMENT:

Marion Gaborik is hands-down the best player on the Wild. His leaving would be a huge blow to an offence that's already not one of the league's better.

To wrap things up, since Paul Newman, star of Slap Shot died today:

"Who own CG?"

"Ownnnssss! Ownnsssss!"

Here.

Flyers/Canes game being televised from the Spectrum. Bittersweet indeed.

They're actually playing at the old Spectrum? I would have liked to see that.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Dumb, no, desperate, absolutely. I bet the Maple Leafs take him, and if they don't, rest assured they thought about it.

Dumb, no, desperate, absolutely. I bet the Maple Leafs take him, and if they don't, rest assured they thought about it.

They already have 4 million committed to Toskala, plus the buyout on Raycroft for this year and next. I doubt they take Khabibulin on. They're not going anywhere.

They already have 4 million committed to Toskala, plus the buyout on Raycroft for this year and next. I doubt they take Khabibulin on. They're not going anywhere.

Ottawa will pick him up. It's not like they need another average European goalie anyways.

They have Gerber and Auld. Auld only makes 1 million a year and is better than Khabibulin.

Not sure who will take him on. Nashville might be a good spot, but they'd have to shed money to claim him on waivers. Unless they picked him up on re-entry waivers where Chicago would pick up half of the contract.

Ottawa will pick him up. It's not like they need another average European goalie anyways.

Not a chance. They're right at the cap as it is.

Huge blow for the Penguins' blueline today. Sergei Gonchar will undergo shoulder surgery. He's out for potentially six months.

Sixty points and 25 minutes a game? This is a monster loss.

Why is that? I know formally that a C is supposed to be the only one allowed to discuss calls with the officials, but given how lax that rule generally is, is this just keeping up appearances?

Why is that? I know formally that a C is supposed to be the only one allowed to discuss calls with the officials, but given how lax that rule generally is, is this just keeping up appearances?

I read somewhere that for the captain to leave the crease to argue calls gives that team unfair timeouts or something.

I'm bummed that OD is now a member of the Kings but I hope he does well.

And I can't believe that this hasn't been posted:

If I have grandkids, and if they end up hockey fans, I have a feeling I can boast I saw Price way back in his AHL days. That was just retarded.