TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Taco Bell big box meal

I think I saw a KFC/Taco Bell when I was in Florida a couple years ago on vacation. Here, we have a KFC/A&W. The cheese curds are really good.

If it wasn't for KFC/Taco Bells, there wouldn't be any Taco Bells within an ninety minute drive for me. It's odd because we have a lot of standalone KFCs. What's the need for half of a KFC?

I believe there's at least one of all those combination restaurants somewhere around here. KFC/Long John Silvers still seems weird to me. Especially considering that KFC sells fish and LJS sells chicken anyway.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I ate this Box deal the other day. Totally acceptable.

I don't really care for the cinnamon bullshits, but the rest is ok. On the rare occasion I go to Taco Bell, I just say a bunch of random things they have into the speaker and get whatever I get. All tastes the same anyway.

I've got no combo restaurants around here, at least I haven't seen them. We do have a combination Dunkin Donuts/Papa Johns... which is a funny combo to me. Yes, I'll take a coconut coolata and a medium pizza.

Anyway, I've been lazy and eating slightly bad for the past few weeks so I decided to just say fuck the gym and eat like a pig all week to get it all out of my system. Sounds retarded but it has worked for me many times in the past. I'm not fat by any means but I still need to be careful about my workout schedule/diet or I'll wind up there in a hurry. How does this relate to the thread? Going back to Taco Bell today for another big box lunch.

On the rare occasion I go to Taco Bell, I just say a bunch of random things they have into the speaker and get whatever I get. All tastes the same anyway.

Excellent choice.

I do this too, finishing it off with "and no tomatoes on any of it".

The only thing I have any particular attachment to there is the cheesy gordita crunch.

Man are they cheap, too. And open in the middle of the night. Good times.

At Castleton Mall near Indy, I seem to recall seeing a McDonalds/Orange Julius combo. It's been a while, so I could be wrong.

At Castleton Mall near Indy, I seem to recall seeing a McDonalds/Orange Julius combo. It's been a while, so I could be wrong.

I don't think its a combo, they're just next to each other in the food court. But they may use the same registers. I havent been there in a while.

Taco Bell is shit. If I want mediocre Mexican-style fast food Del Taco is definitely the better choice. The Volcano taco piqued my interest, but after the review here, I think I'll pass as well.

Also Del Taco and Denny's are the only 24 hour places in this town. We do however have the A&W/KFC combo joint, which went way down hill since the Thai family that was running it sold it to some white trash family.

Guest Vitamin X

I 100% agree on Del Taco, but unfortunately it's not really in my area whereas there are a couple 24 hour Taco Bells here.

Taco John's is way better than Taco Bell, but it's just far enough out of my way that I basically never eat there. Sucks too, cause I've been jonesing for some Potato Oles for a while.

The restaurants right off the top of my head that are 24 hours here are Taco Bell, Arby's, and White Castle. McDonald's experimented with a 24-hour drive-thru a while back, not sure if they still have it.

The closest Del Taco to here is over 10 hours away, so I have no idea what the fuck any of you are talking about. As far as fast food mexican, I'd love to have a fucking Mighty Taco around here.

Guest Vitamin X

Fuckin' a. More of them should start doing that. The one closest to me in uptown Portland has a strict policy against anything but a car coming up to the window while there's a 24 hour McDonald's with a walk-up window right next to them.

Guest Brady's Torn ACL

I used to ride my bike through the Dairy Queen drive-thru when I was younger. They weren't particularly amused, but they gave me my Butterfinger Blizzards anyway, so whatevsies.

A&W/Long John Silver's sounds awful. A&W has to be the most superfluous fast food establishment in America. What can one get at an A&W that isn't better somewhere else? At least Long John Silver's fills some disgusting niche. I've been there once, and every square inch of surface area--counters, tables, floors, ostensibly ceiling tiles--was covered in grease. It was filthy. Place was demolished like four or five years ago and the world is a better place for it.

I haven't been to Taco Bell in about a year, which is unfortunate, because I need some Baja Blast and steak chalupas in my life again. For a while in 2005 I used to order that and watch NBA on TNT every week. I was also sick and depressed all the time, but I think I can handle that in moderation now.

A&W/Long John Silver's sounds awful. A&W has to be the most superfluous fast food establishment in America. What can one get at an A&W that isn't better somewhere else?

Diet root beer on tap.

There's one about a 15 minute drive away, right next to a Turnpike entrance. I've never eaten the food though, I keep meaning to try it.

And Marvin, shouldn't an establishment have a rule about frying seafood in the same fryer as the rest of the food? Of course, good luck trusting the restaurant to actually follow it.

Guest Vitamin X

Why would there be a rule about seafood in the fryer as the rest of the food? Cross contamination can occur between any two kinds of meat.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

People aren't typically fatally allergic to beef, though.

I have a sick obsession with Long John Silver's. I mean, I know it's garbage. I don't even really like how it tastes, but there's something about that greasy, salty, disgusting fucking breading that makes me eat it fortnightly.

We have Taco Bell/Pizza Hut and KFC/Long John Silvers. Now I cant eat at KFC anymore cause they fry most of the stuff (other than the bone in chicken) in the same fryer with their shrimp.

boo!

I never saw that at the one I worked in years ago. KFC had there own pressure fryers (for bone in) and two open fryers for the stripes and etc. LJS had 4 or so of it's own. LJS fries went into the KFC cookers though, and in on instance almost led to me getting fired for exploding on one of the 'supervisors' for trying to pull the fries about 90 seconds before they were done (they cook for 2:45) just because "we needed them".

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather wait 90 seconds for cooked fries than get soggy shit early.

Fuckin' a. More of them should start doing that. The one closest to me in uptown Portland has a strict policy against anything but a car coming up to the window while there's a 24 hour McDonald's with a walk-up window right next to them.

One time at McDonalds a whole bunch of drunk kids all sat perfectly in line to form a car. Two in the front, two in the middle row, and 3 in the back seat. The one kid in the driver's seat was steering and everything. It was awesome.

Guest Smues

The only 24 hour drive thru place around here that I know of is McDonalds, and only a few of them are 24 hours. It's depressing. There is a taco bell open until 4am, but I'd like some more late night variety. We need a Jack in the Box.

A&W/Long John Silver's sounds awful. A&W has to be the most superfluous fast food establishment in America. What can one get at an A&W that isn't better somewhere else?

Diet root beer on tap.

There's one about a 15 minute drive away, right next to a Turnpike entrance. I've never eaten the food though, I keep meaning to try it.

And Marvin, shouldn't an establishment have a rule about frying seafood in the same fryer as the rest of the food? Of course, good luck trusting the restaurant to actually follow it.

Theres a sign on the front door though that says "We fry seafood in the same fryers with the chicken" or something like that so any liability is off of them for posting the warning.