TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

WWF Survivor Series 1992

Eh, the tag scene wasn't quite what it was in the 1980s circa 1992, but I didn't think it was awful or anything. You still had Money Inc., LOD for most of the year, Natural Disasters, Nasty Boys, Beverly Bros., High Energy, Headshrinkers by year's end, etc.

I seem to recall thinking tag wrestling in the WWF was starting to suck when the Steiners lost the belts to the Quebecers in that goofy Quebec rules match on Raw.

1992 WWF ruled. No Hogan, no problem. Okay maybe there was a problem, but that was more financial than quality. The best stuff from that era is timeless.

Eh, the tag scene wasn't quite what it was in the 1980s circa 1992, but I didn't think it was awful or anything. You still had Money Inc., LOD for most of the year, Natural Disasters, Nasty Boys, Beverly Bros., High Energy, Headshrinkers by year's end, etc.

I seem to recall thinking tag wrestling in the WWF was starting to suck when the Steiners lost the belts to the Quebecers in that goofy Quebec rules match on Raw.

1992 WWF ruled. No Hogan, no problem. Okay maybe there was a problem, but that was more financial than quality. The best stuff from that era is timeless.

I'm still wondering why they took the titles off The Steiners and why the Steiners never even got a rematch. Did they know the Steiners weren't going to re-sign or something?

I'm still wondering why they took the titles off The Steiners and why the Steiners never even got a rematch. Did they know the Steiners weren't going to re-sign or something?

Nah, the Steiners had just come in at that point and were there for another year. They just wanted to get the belts off them without them jobbing clean.

In fact did the tag division ever really get back on track until the Attitude Era? Once the Steiners lost the belts there were just mediocre teams and makeshift teams up until the rise of Edge and Christian, the Hardys, and Dudleys. Yes, I know the New Age Outlaws were popular and all but the division itself wasn't much.

Yeah, I think first half of '94 was the last decent era for tag teams until '00 or so. There was almost always one or two decent teams in the division but on the whole, the division sucked for the better half of the '90s. I loved The New Age Outlaws but almost every team they went up against in their heyday was either mediocre, way past their prime (*coughLODcough*) or a makeshift combo.

You still had Money Inc., LOD for most of the year, Natural Disasters, Nasty Boys, Beverly Bros., High Energy, Headshrinkers by year's end, etc.

That's still pretty bad. In terms of giving a decent match, I mean. The Outlaws didn't get to face any good teams through all of '98, and the division didn't pick up until 2000. So I'd say that's right.

IIRC, Scott Steiner failed a steroid test.

That may have been because I don't recall them doing much of anything in late '93 and into '94. In Rick's shoot, he said they later left because they weren't making even close to what Vince said they would make. I believe their last appearance on TV was when Scott lost a KOTR qualifying match to IRS in May of '94.

To clarify...by listing those teams from the 1992 era I didn't mean they were all having good matches, but at least they were there and on some level the WWF still cared about tag wrestling.

WWF Survivor Series 1992 had the same exact quality as everything else on WWE 24/7 when I watched it this afternoon. I have no idea why everyone seemed to be getting the WWE 24/7 Online quality.

Edited by Ed Wood Caulfield

Just to clarify from my end, the video quality is fine. It's watchable, there's no digital glitches, it's all very pristine, etc. The issue is does not have the "live" sports look. It looks like a taped television program or something from the UK. The best analogy I can think of is watch any live footage, then watch, say clips of Survivor Series 97 on Wrestling With Shadows.

I'd describe it as having the "movie" effect, like it was shot with a theatrical film camera. Looks like whoever edited it for 24/7 pressed the movie effect button and left it on by mistake. No worries personally as I own an original CHV master tape of the show.

Here's a couple more promos revolving around the Flair/Perfect ordeal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXmavYKQ6KA...feature=related Flair/Ramon, Survivor Series Showdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPn9pLV9w1g Savage/Perfect, Challenge 11/22/92

This is the last Razor/Perfect/Flair promo before the Perfect turn, from SNME. Heenan would close out the show saying that "one of the Ultimate Maniacs will have a new partner at Survivor Series."