TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goldengreek

Jake the Snake back to his old antics

Not sure if this goes here or if it should be moved to another forum:

Jake "The Snake" Implodes

Forget everything you knew about wrestling legend Jake "the Snake" Roberts -- all that remains is Jake the Junkie.

TMZ has obtained extremely disturbing footage of the former WWF superstar -- and former substance abuse rehab patient -- self-destructing during a live benefit event in Ohio over the weekend.

The footage shows a stumbling, overweight, rambling Roberts struggling to form a coherent sentence, while addressing the crowd moments before his match in the Firestorm Pro Wrestling league.

But the story behind the scenes is even more tragic. According to several sources, the 53-year-old legend was found passed out backstage moments before he was scheduled to perform. We're told when Snake was woken up, he was aggressive, violent and asking for "an 8-ball."

We're also told nearly two dozen empty airplane bottles of vodka were found by his gear.

During the match, Roberts was clearly unable to perform, barely responding to the barrage of worked punches he received from the other wrestler, J.T. Lightning. Around one minute into the match, Roberts' opponent -- clearly frustrated with the situation -- whispers to the ref to end the fight. Afterwards, Lightning grabbed the mic and told Roberts, "I've wrestled drug addicts ... you are a piece of s**t, Snake. You gypped these people. F**k you."

After the verbal assault, Jake pulled down the front of his pants and exposed his penis to the crowd.

Backstage, the madness continued. People close to the situation tell us Snake broke his hand punching a wall, then ran into the street crying. An ambulance and police were called to the scene, but Roberts, who refused medical treatment, was not arrested.

Calls to Jake's rep have not yet been returned.

This is horrible. Why does anybody book this guy.

Here is the video

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1794987209

He was booked because he went through a Vince-paid rehab and had been sober for a good bit. Some people said he was on a local radio station earlier in the day and sounded completely normal. I wonder what went on to make him relapse like that.

Not sure if this goes here or if it should be moved to another forum:

Another forum.

What a crock of shit.

Lets get this straight. Somebody drugged this guy.

so the show would suck ass and the fans get ripped off.

Then they kick his ass. But take him back to the hotel

I guess they also tucked him in and told him a bed time story.

The problem with wrestling is. People like Shannon and Eric Simms who handles the Iron Sheik.

These people make money off of these train wrecks.

They book them on shows. Take part of the money and ignore the fact. That they are unfit to work a match anymore.

Look at Roberts. Even sober he couldnt work a 2 minute match.

Take it.

With a grain. Of salt.

After all, it. Wouldn't be.

The.

First time.

That Jake. Or somebody.

On his behalf.

Lied about his. Sobriety.

But I hope that Jake it still on.

The Wagon.

Take it.

With a grain. Of salt.

After all, it. Wouldn't be.

The.

First time.

That Jake. Or somebody.

On his behalf.

Lied about his. Sobriety.

But I hope that Jake it still on.

The Wagon.

***1/2

Update 7:00 PM EST.

New details have come out via Jake Roberts assistant Shannon. She has sent me the following statement, "We have a witness to the effect of who MIGHT have made a direct attempt to do Jake great harm at the show. WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. One of the men IN THE RING with Jake is somebody we are going to take a much closer look at. Somebody saw this man with an emvelope with some powder in it at the show. Somebody saw what happened here. We now are very SURE Jake was in fact drugged. More details will be forth coming as soon as we can get permission from this fine individual to offer them."

Shannon

Jake's assistant.

This just keeps getting crazier by the moment. :huh:

Some people are speculating that Jake relapsed because he spoke about his childhood issues during the radio show he did earlier in the morning.

Well, I'm not the same kind of addict he is, but I hardly think a relapse is reason to just throw up your hands and give up. That's the most valuable thing I learned from AA, everybody relapses.

He was booked because he went through a Vince-paid rehab and had been sober for a good bit. Some people said he was on a local radio station earlier in the day and sounded completely normal. I wonder what went on to make him relapse like that.

Well, the show was IN a bar, so I'm sure it was one of those things where he just couldn't back down from the urges......most recovering alcoholics know better than to even step foot in a bar, regardless of the circumstances.

This Shannon person is some piece of work. People f'n saw him buying drinks at the bar!

Update 7:00 PM EST.

New details have come out via Jake Roberts assistant Shannon. She has sent me the following statement, "We have a witness to the effect of who MIGHT have made a direct attempt to do Jake great harm at the show. WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE. One of the men IN THE RING with Jake is somebody we are going to take a much closer look at. Somebody saw this man with an emvelope with some powder in it at the show. Somebody saw what happened here. We now are very SURE Jake was in fact drugged. More details will be forth coming as soon as we can get permission from this fine individual to offer them."

Shannon

Jake's assistant.

Someone gave Jake anthrax?

That's pretty depressing. Speaking as another addict, it dosn't really take much to trigger a relapse. He should just own up and admit it, and drop this whole someone drugged me BS. I read somewhere else he admited to be drinking. Anyone in recovery will tell you that's just as bad and as dangerous as relapsing on any illegal drugs. I think he should just stay away from the whole wrestling biz. I'm sure the boys in back wherever he would preform at least like to throw back a few beers after there matches.

I think Jakesaid it best when he said something like "don't do drugs, because you'll like them too much."

That's pretty depressing. Speaking as another addict, it dosn't really take much to trigger a relapse. He should just own up and admit it, and drop this whole someone drugged me BS. I read somewhere else he admited to be drinking. Anyone in recovery will tell you that's just as bad and as dangerous as relapsing on any illegal drugs. I think he should just stay away from the whole wrestling biz. I'm sure the boys in back wherever he would preform at least like to throw back a few beers after there matches.

I think Jack said it best when he said something like "don't do drugs, because you'll like them too much."

ya. Who here's got a drugs.?

Even though this is most likely Jake's camp spewing bullshit, IF somebody did deliberately drug someone who's made a sincere effort to clean up his life, they are pretty much shit incarnate.