TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cd213

WWE SmackDown - November 7, 2008

Miz and Morrison on SD? So much for last week's show being a one shot deal.

Doesn't Smackdown still have that talent exchange thing going or was that ended when Raw started using ECW talent?

I'm assuming that ended when Raw signed their talent exchange deal with ECW, otherwise there def. wouldn't be a point to the separation then. Of course the way they've been doing it lately, there really is no point to it now, but I digress.

They never said it did (and since it still tapes with SD, it didn't). That basically makes ECW the ultimate brand.

So to recap; Raw stars can appear on ECW, and ECW stars can appear on Raw. SD stars can still appear on ECW, and ECW stars can still appear on SD. Yeah, I see why it really is important that they keep the brand separation going.

Miz and Morrison on SD? So much for last week's show being a one shot deal.

Doesn't Smackdown still have that talent exchange thing going or was that ended when Raw started using ECW talent?

I'm assuming that ended when Raw signed their talent exchange deal with ECW, otherwise there def. wouldn't be a point to the separation then. Of course the way they've been doing it lately, there really is no point to it now, but I digress.

They never said it did (and since it still tapes with SD, it didn't). That basically makes ECW the ultimate brand.

So to recap; Raw stars can appear on ECW, and ECW stars can appear on Raw. SD stars can still appear on ECW, and ECW stars can still appear on SD. Yeah, I see why it really is important that they keep the brand separation going.

The difference is, unless it's a special occassion, Raw cannot appear on SD or vice versa.

That's why they should just end this illusion of a brand extension. Although it will be good for a couple of laughs when they try to sell a ppv based on the premise of cross branded match, or when they try to tell us about how important the annual draft is.

I somewhat agree with the end of the brand extension.

But the biggest problem is how crowded the main event scene would be if they did.

I mean, here are all the guys who have held either the WWE or World Heavyweight titles:

Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker

Triple H

Kane

John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Edge

The Big Show

Chris Jericho

John Cena

Rey Mysterio

Batista

Randy Orton

The Great Khali

CM Punk

So you have 14 guys there that have held either or both of those belts.

Like I said, the main event scene would be too cluttered.

With a chance to face HHH for the WWE Title at Survivor Series in the balance, Vladimir Kozlov takes on his toughest foe to date - The Undertaker.

And a US title match between Benjamin and R-Truth

Hmm.. I don't know how it travels on the 'net.. Do you mean you'd prefer getting it or that you actually would rather have the extra adverts?

Your British accent is confusing me but rest assured I was being facetious. From what I've gathered I, you Brits have wacky advertising policies. If WWE tries to mention a brand name or an upcoming DVD during a televised broadcast, all hell breaks loose. Thus, I assume there is also a restriction on the amount of ad time during a show (and I remember you or some Brit was watching a live stream of Raw once and getting really mad at these "super long" 2.5 minute ad breaks or so). WWE only films 88 minutes or so worth of TV, so a 2 hour broadcast in the UK would need filler. Hence, a Vault Match.

We actually have a similar deal in Canada where we have a limited amount of allowed ad time (I think it's only slightly less than US ad time though), so to fill time, we get Jack Korpela doing live event news segments and informing us when someone will be signing autographs.

The Khali Kiss Kam would have been a great segment back in the day when a wrestler would host Heat from WWE NY, but that went on WAY too long here.

Shelton-R Truth was way too short. I was confident it would at least go through a commercial break.

The TBK segment had a retarded amount of wierd ass sexual tension.