TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/19 - 11/23

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

ray bentley is announcing the Cards' (Ball State) last home game this season against Western Michigan.

*Is bringing a "Fire ray bentley" sign*

I'm sure you'll find a way to blame him if BSU loses too.

WOW.. Syracuse beats ND and Washington State beats U Dub in 2 overtimes. This day hasn't been as boring as I expected.

NOW COME ON WAKE. KNOCK BC OFF PLEASE. One less thing to worry about.

Keep hating...... seeing as it's worked wonders for you so far.

Guest Smues

The Apple Cup lived up to my expectations, as neither team wanted a I-A win and it took 2 OTs. A loss next week gives UW the 0-12 season, something I'm guessing that rarely happens to BCS conferences schools. And I stupidly thought 2004 was rock bottom. Ha. Oh well, Ty is gone and maybe the program will finally right it self. Plus I won $44 betting on WSU. I may be a Husky homer, but I'm not stupid.

Wow. I did not see Penn St. coming out and beating Michigan St. that bad. If they played half as well today as they played against mediocre Iowa 2 weeks ago, they'd be playing for a shot at The National Championship.

I'm surprised ESPN2 has stuck with Boise State/Nevada so long, but I'm glad they have since the Wolfpack still has a chance to tie it up - down seven, fifteen seconds left, ball on the Broncos' thirty yard line.

Edit: Oh well, so much for that.

The Apple Cup lived up to my expectations, as neither team wanted a I-A win and it took 2 OTs. A loss next week gives UW the 0-12 season, something I'm guessing that rarely happens to BCS conferences schools.

Duke's pulled it off three times this decade (two years ago, and back-to-back in '00-'01), and South Carolina did it in '99

I believe those are all the winless BCS conference teams in the BCS era

Guest Smues
The Apple Cup lived up to my expectations, as neither team wanted a I-A win and it took 2 OTs. A loss next week gives UW the 0-12 season, something I'm guessing that rarely happens to BCS conferences schools.

Duke's pulled it off three times this decade (two years ago, and back-to-back in '00-'01), and South Carolina did it in '99

I believe those are all the winless BCS conference teams in the BCS era

Yay first Pac-10 team! And possibly first team that's won a BCS bowl in the BCS era? We're number 1 we're number 1!

Utah is now up 48-24 on BYU with three minutes to go and they are about to lock up a BCS berth. Boise State will now have to rely on an at-large invite but it seems highly unlikely that they will get one.

Arizona takes the lead on Oregon State 17-10 with 8:26 to go.

I don't want to get too excited because there's still a whole half to play, but DAMN. When Lewis got that interception I flipped the fuck out. Tech looks lost out there on defense right now, OU's offense may be as close to unstoppable as there is. Texas beat them, but they really had to score as much ass possible to do so. OU's scored at least 35 points in every game this season.