TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/19 - 11/23

Two years ago, UM/OSU and UL/WVU were huge. Now look.. I am still interested in them because I love football, but DAMN.

WVU just got robbed on TWO touchdowns and are tied with Louisville 7-7 at halftime. Michigan is hanging with A Ohio State University 14-7 right now. I expect Louisville and Ohio State to win these games (but at least keep it close in Michigan's case), but I am an idiot.

Everyone thought Tech would lose to Texas and OSU too. Tech completely destroyed OSU. Yes, those games were at home, but I think Tech is a lot better now than in recent years, and they have a HUGE chance to prove it today.

Another boring day of ACC football, as North Carolina and Virginia are both losing.

Today's a big day in the Big East. Later 4-1 Cincinnati play 3-1 Pittsburgh and right now 3-1 West Virginia play 1-4 Louisville. West Virginia just had a 2nd and goal from the 1 with about a minute left in the half and ran 3 times and didn't score as time expired to go to the half 7-7. Cincinnati can just about take the conference with a win tonight, but a loss makes the Pitt-WVU rivalry game next week huge.

Purdue is absolutely bludgeoning iu 55-3 late into the 3rd. Good to see Tiller go out on a year he slaughters iu.

Florida is beating up on the citadel 28-0 early in the 2nd quarter. Gonna be a long game for the citadel.

EDIT: 35-0

A week ago North Carolina had a chance to take control of the Coastal division in the ACC and now they are about to be eliminated as N.C. State has opened up a 31-10 lead on the Tar Heels.

Guest Smues

Watching the Apple Cup pre-game show is pretty funny, as they try to hype this like it's worth watching to anyone but me, or like it means something.

Wow, Michigan got robbed on that call. Sure looked like they intercepted it in the endzone. But I guess they don't deserve any breaks in this game, after they decided to punt in OSU territory w/ 14 seconds left in the 1st half only down 14-7.

And now OSU is up 35-7.

Are the commentators on ESPN's game just being deliberately dense by talking about how "it doesn't make sense to rank Oklahoma ahead of Texas if they beat Texas Tech, because Texas beat Oklahoma"? Is it that hard to figure out that under that scenario, the "team A beat team B so they should be ranked ahead" logic simply breaks down because of the W/L circle that would be produced?

Somehow Michigan kept it close through a half, but it ended up the way it was supposed to in the end. I still don't know how the defense got this bad, but I hope people who were watching can now see what I was talking about in terms of UM having little offensive talent (especially at QB). At this point, I've just become numb to how this season has played out, just gotta wait 'til next year.

Coming into today, STANFORD~ had scored on 37 of 39 redzone posessions while scoring 30 touchdowns. Today in the redzone they've missed a field goal, fumbled, and settled for a field goal after having 2nd and Goal at the 1. They've played so much better than Cal in this game but they trail 10-3 at the half.

This Ole Miss/LSU game is going great for the Gators. The bigger a lead the Rebels get the less significant their win over Florida seems.

Stanford has curled up and died in the 3rd quarter. 20 points by Cal in only seven minutes. 30-3. Bowl drought will continue. I am sad.

Are the commentators on ESPN's game just being deliberately dense by talking about how "it doesn't make sense to rank Oklahoma ahead of Texas if they beat Texas Tech, because Texas beat Oklahoma"? Is it that hard to figure out that under that scenario, the "team A beat team B so they should be ranked ahead" logic simply breaks down because of the W/L circle that would be produced?

Amen. That's what I've been saying. It's probably just ESPN trying to maneuver who they want into the title game.

Insane completion by Clausen puts ND into game winning field goal range with 5 seconds left.

Edit: All for not, 53 yarder falls short. Weis should really start feeling the heat now.

The Irish get a big reception to bring 'em to Syracuse's 35 but the long field goal falls short. Notre Dame really lost this game for themselves but it was exciting if nothing else.

No good!

Seriously, Charlie Weis should be fired. The Irish now have to upset USC next week to assure themselves a bowl game.

After being outscored 524-91 in ten games against I-A opponents, Wazzu beats Washington 16-13 in overtime.

Yup, Tyrone Willingham will never find I-A coaching job ever again.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

ray bentley is announcing the Cards' (Ball State) last home game this season against Western Michigan.

*Is bringing a "Fire ray bentley" sign*

I'm sure you'll find a way to blame him if BSU loses too.

WOW.. Syracuse beats ND and Washington State beats U Dub in 2 overtimes. This day hasn't been as boring as I expected.

NOW COME ON WAKE. KNOCK BC OFF PLEASE. One less thing to worry about.

No good!

Seriously, Charlie Weis should be fired. The Irish now have to upset USC next week to assure themselves a bowl game.

Seriously? They have 6 wins. They can lose to USC by 100 and they'd still make a bowl game. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOTRE DAME!!

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

ray bentley is announcing the Cards' (Ball State) last home game this season against Western Michigan.

*Is bringing a "Fire ray bentley" sign*

I'm sure you'll find a way to blame him if BSU loses too.

WOW.. Syracuse beats ND and Washington State beats U Dub in 2 overtimes. This day hasn't been as boring as I expected.

NOW COME ON WAKE. KNOCK BC OFF PLEASE. One less thing to worry about.

Keep hating...... seeing as it's worked wonders for you so far.

Six wins makes you eligible but they need seven to lock up a bid. Odds are there will be enough open bids this year for them to grab one but by rule seven-plus win teams have to be invited first to open bowl bids over six win teams.