TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Michael Jackson becomes a Muslim

http://www.music-news.com/ShowNews.asp?H=M...p;nItemID=22448

Michael Jackson has become a Muslim.

The singer changed his name to Mikaeel in a ceremony at a friend's Los Angeles home just days before he is due in court.

Jackson, 50, is facing allegations of borrowing £4.7 million from Arab sheikh Abdulla Al-Khalifa and failing to repay the sum by recording two new albums, writing an autobiography and penning a musical.

The cash-strapped star - who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness - was convinced to turn to Islam by producer Phillip Bubal and songwriter David Wharnsby.

A source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "They began talking to him about their beliefs and how they thought they had become better people after they converted.

"Michael soon began warming to the idea."

Singer Yousef Islam - formerly known as Cat Stevens before he also converted to the religion - attended the star's declaration of belief, known as the shahada.

Meanwhile, an itemised list of Jackson's debts to the prince has been revealed - including a £3.79 tub of the singer's favourite Haagen-Daaz ice cream.

A source said: "It's the most bizarre list imaginable. Some bills are only for £5 - but the sheikh wants every penny back."

Jackson will be forced to attend a London court in person on Monday (24.11.08) after previously saying he was too ill to travel.

A source added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "Michael will be in court and will be holding his head up high. He is very hurt and baffled by these claims, but he is hoping his fans will support him."

Jackson claims the money - which includes court costs of more than £676,000 for his 2005 child molestation case sent to him before the sheikh had met him - was a "gift".

The hearing continues.

How 'bout that.

writing an autobiography

Will_there_ever_be_a_rainbow_CMB.jpg

Actually, I think that would be really interesting to read. It's obviously not a matter of if he would attempt to gloss over some of the more sordid details of his batshit lunacy; that's a given. The real treat would be in seeing how he does it.

Fer instance, I read Barry Gordy's autobiography To Be Loved many moons ago. Now, Barry Gordy is obviously not the scandalous public figure that Michael Jackson is, but he's nonetheless alleged to have done all sorts of unsavory things over the years. You know how he glossed over all of that stuff? He never mentioned any of it. Never even alluded to it. The whole book is "I used to work in the Ford factory, and then I started my own record company, and now I'm rich. Ha ha!" The juiciest bit was about him fucking Diana Ross. I wouldn't recommend the book.

writing an autobiography

Will_there_ever_be_a_rainbow_CMB.jpg

Actually, I think that would be really interesting to read. It's obviously not a matter of if he would attempt to gloss over some of the more sordid details of his batshit lunacy; that's a given. The real treat would be in seeing how he does it.

Wait didn't Michael already write an autobiography? I think it was called Moonwalker (not to be confused with the film he did co-starring Joe Pesci and Sean Lennon...or the video game based on said movie).

And this isn't really surprising. Jermaine's a Muslim (I think it's Jermaine- one of the lesser Jackson brothers. Though Jermaine is clearly #2) and has been trying to convert Mike for years.

And this isn't really surprising. Jermaine's a Muslim (I think it's Jermaine- one of the lesser Jackson brothers. Though Jermaine is clearly #2) and has been trying to convert Mike for years.

It's whichever one went on Nevermind the Buzzcocks. The one who pretends to take jokey insults as jokes but looks really offended nonetheless. I think that's Jermaine.