TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 13

Their kicker is good at hitting long field goals since the offense can't get any closer than the opponent's 35.

EDIT: Has the Punt, Pass and Kick competition started yet? Might as well trot them out and see how much they can put on the Lions.

Edited by KingPK

The Lions have played well in some weeks, though.

I bet some of the 90s Bengals teams could rival this. How about the year the Pats and Colts both went 1-15, with one of them getting their lone win off the other one?

But yeah, this is pathetic.

Guest Czecherbear

I've mostly been watching the WGN Bozo special, but I did flip over to the Lions to witness a hysterical 17-yard interception return, a delay of game after a timeout, and a 13-yard punt. This is the worst football team ever. I don't see how this team can ever win a game.

Those early 90's Pats and Colts teams had point differentials of almost minus three hundred... I also remember the Kotite-led Jets of the mid-90s being pretty awful as well.

Hell, I wouldn't put these Lions as the worst team of this decade (yet). Last year's Dolphins, anyone? There was also the '01 Panthers... that they turned around and went to the SB a mere two years later was nothing short of amazing

Those early 90's Pats and Colts teams had point differentials of almost minus three hundred... I also remember the Kotite-led Jets of the mid-90s being pretty awful as well.

Hell, I wouldn't put these Lions as the worst team of this decade (yet). Last year's Dolphins, anyone? There was also the '01 Panthers... that they turned around and went to the SB a mere two years later was nothing short of amazing

I'd go, in order of best to worst.. 07 Dolphins, 08 Lions, 01 Panthers. Those Panthers were AWFUL and I can't believe I forgot them. The 07 Dolphins would beat this Lions team by a TD or 10 points. They had a good running game, at least, and the defense wasn't totally laughable at times.

I'm just gonna go mark myself down as correct in the survivor pool.

Speaking of historically bad teams, I'd throw some of those 49er teams from earlier this decade in there. One of them went 2-14 or something like that and could hardly do anything right unless they were playing Arizona.

The Bucs were the only team to not win a game in a season, correct? '76?

I remember saying in this thread (or more accurately, a similar one) a few weeks ago that the Lions probably wouldn't go 0-16, but I'm going to welch on that statement. As mentioned, it's a little unfair to assess the Bucs as many of us never saw them, but in principle, a team that goes 0-16 should be categorized as worse by default than an 0-14 squad. FWIW, I'm still new enough to football I probably couldn't throw my hat into the "worst team" discussion without doing an awful lot of research first.

I think some Cowboys team went 0-11-1 back in the day or something like that. Anyways, the NFL might as well just cut the Lions game from Thanksgiving because I'm gonna have to keep hearing it from the other fans until they do. A lot of people think next week's home game against the Vikings is the Lions' last chance to win a game but I'm not buying it. 0-16 here we come.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select...Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, Texas Tech University.

With the first pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select...Michael Crabtree, Wide Receiver, Texas Tech University.

Wouldn't be that [edited in]bad a pick, especially with Roy Williams gone. They could just sign Matt Cassel to quarterback them and draft Crabtree and boom, 6-10 type team again!

I made that very same remark while watching the game. If Matt Millen were still the GM, you could go ahead and pre-order the jersey.

And, yes, it would be a very bad pick. Wide receiver is not an area of extreme need for this team. Every other position, on the other hand...

Did anyone just see the opening thanksgiving wishes Aikman and Buck gave each other? How.. awkward.

The Bucs were the only team to not win a game in a season, correct? '76?

I remember saying in this thread (or more accurately, a similar one) a few weeks ago that the Lions probably wouldn't go 0-16, but I'm going to welch on that statement. As mentioned, it's a little unfair to assess the Bucs as many of us never saw them, but in principle, a team that goes 0-16 should be categorized as worse by default than an 0-14 squad. FWIW, I'm still new enough to football I probably couldn't throw my hat into the "worst team" discussion without doing an awful lot of research first.

I think you can say those Bucs were pretty bad and the 08 Lions wouldn't automatically worse just because they had 2 more games to lose. I, of course, never saw them play, but I've seen "highlights", and it's amazing they made the NFC title game in 3 years.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

The national anthem should be changed to an Agoraphobic Nosebleed song, just so it can be over in four seconds.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

If I'm Detroit, I shop that pick for as many role-players and later round selection as I possibly can.

If I'm Detroit, I shop that pick for as many role-players and later round selection as I possibly can.

Me too, but they won't. They'll draft some overrated QB who will be a OMG BUST.

Like who? I can't think of a quarterback that's worth the #1 pick that's guaranteed to come out.

Wow I forgot about Stafford already. Shows what two losses can do for you. Sam Bradford, I expect to return for next season if OU doesn't win the national title. Maybe even if they win.

But hey! Stafford fits that bust tag. So good call, PP.

I didn't have anyone specific in mind, which is why I said it, but the Lions really do need a QB for the future and I can see them wasting the pick on a QB that doesn't deserve it. Stafford fits the bill. I guess Chase Daniel is too small?

I didn't have anyone specific in mind, which is why I said it, but the Lions really do need a QB for the future and I can see them wasting the pick on a QB that doesn't deserve it. Stafford fits the bill. I guess Chase Daniel is too small?

He might be too small, but given a chance, I think Daniel could surprise. Given his likely draft position, he'd be a better pick than Stafford, honestly.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Their running game is really pathetic. All of their offensive problems I'm seeing are stemming from that.

Who's this bitch that can't sing?

We were finishing up dinner and cleaning, so I had the TV on mute during the opening part of the game, and I really had to keep myself from cracking up at her exaggerated facial contortions (especially her mouth) as she was singing

I'd go, in order of best to worst.. 07 Dolphins, 08 Lions, 01 Panthers. Those Panthers were AWFUL and I can't believe I forgot them. The 07 Dolphins would beat this Lions team by a TD or 10 points. They had a good running game, at least, and the defense wasn't totally laughable at times.

George Seifert is in Canton if not for that Panthers team.