TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

TSM Profile: Haku

It's odd but Haku and Meng almost seemed like two different guys. Haku was in some ways a hybrid islander type wrestler, as in he had a combo of the Afa/Sika strength and also a bit of the Snuka agility. The Islanders were a really good team in the late 80s but Haku never really connected as a singles guy in the WWF. Doing the King gimmick didn't help.

He bulked up a lot by the mid 90s and seemed very different as Meng in WCW. In fact I think WCW could have gotten more out of him, in particular when Bill Goldberg had the title. Instead of Goldberg not even being on a few PPVs why not have a Goldberg/Meng feud?

It seemed like they were building up to a Goldberg/Meng mini-feud on at least two occasions but both times, they just ended up with Goldberg squashing Meng. Once in The Summer of '98 when Meng went on a winning streak, destroying jobbers and ended up getting squashed by Goldberg on a Nitro and once in '00 when Meng returned seemingly out of nowhere to save Vince Russo from getting beat up by Goldberg and put Goldberg in The Tongan Death Grip.

The two also squared off in a Little Caesar's commercial in '99ish

And since we're never not in the mood for crappy Russo era WCW and I like posting videos

Russo forfeits the WCW World title and siqs (sp?) Meng on Goldberg

The two also squared off in a Little Caesar's commercial in '99ish

I read about that on his Wiki page yesterday, and went fishing for it around the internets, but no luck.

And since we're never not in the mood for crappy Russo era WCW

Or any crappy WCW ever. When the hell are we starting the chat club back up? Complaining about that shit was more fun than it had any right to be.

Can't say. I honestly didn't know there was much interest since it always ended up being me, you, Timmy, and one or two other assorted people who wandered into the chat. I have a shitload of free time over the next month or so, so if there's an interest I'm open to the idea of starting it back up.

Trivia247 was a former poster who was awful, and was a huge Taker and Haku mark. He was one of those guys that made other posters in the WWE folder seem smart. He said dawwwww a lot which made me want to punch him in the face.

He was banned for sucking and came back as WrestleHor.

I liked his stint in WCW as Meng and Faces of Fear. You always knew what you were going to get in a Meng/FoF match, lots of hard hitting no questions asked brawling. For some reason I liked the match between FoF & 4 Horsemen on Nitro, where Mongo and Meng squared off in a 3 point stance v Sumo stance mini battle.

Might have to crank up the old nitros again.

Any other wrestler car stories?

After an old NWA house show Dusty and a couple more faces, I'm thinking Nikita, Ronnie Garvin, jumped into a limo as the fans had gathered in large numbers behind the arena exit. The limo pulled out quick and some fans nearly bought it.

Just watched the Mongo-Meng match from the infamous NWO Nitro (before the makeover segment went down) where McMichael completely shattered a balsa wood chair over Meng's head, and, when that didn't work, he grabbed a solid steel chair (not a liquid steel chair) and smashed it over his head to score the pin. Good times.

P.S. I miss the Nitro Girls.