TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OaO ECW thread 12/16/2008

Yikes, that last thirty seconds of that match was a total trainwreck, but otherwise a good match and a pretty good show all in all. Could have done without a Finlay squash though.

Geez, how many wins either directly or by association does Morrison have over Punk now?

Before someone figures out that for you, let me ask you this, does it really matter?

Punk bores me these days. He seems to wrestle the same match over and over again. Also his moves are not really tight as they could be in some instances - he really seems to have stagnated, seeming to think that he has made it and doesn't have to work to improve and bust his ass.

Working a long program with Regal could be good for him.

Yikes, that last thirty seconds of that match was a total trainwreck, but otherwise a good match and a pretty good show all in all. Could have done without a Finlay squash though.

I havent seen ECW yet (got it on DVR) but I assume they edited out Ortiz's initial botched springboard off the top. When he did it the first time he was about 4-5 feet away and landed face first and they went back and redid the spot. Then I noticed when they showed the replay on the tron they cut from everyone getting dumped out on the floor with Ortiz going to the top rope to the redo.

He's got a great look,

Disagree. The singlet is bush league and half the time his eyes look glazed over and clueless. Unless you meant the build, in which case, *shrugs*.

gimmick

What is the gimmick exactly, because I swear I haven't been able to figure it out. I've got as far as him being an All American, in which case he's about 8th in line to the throne as far as that gimmick. The smile is awful and has nothing to do with anything. The chest pound he does when he comes out is awful and has nothing to do with anything. He's basically an amateur wrestler with a few random pro-wrestler taunts. If that constitutes a gimmick then lord help us.

is a very good worker, he seems to learn and improve each time out so far and he's different.

I'll admit he's improving. The first few weeks he looked completely lost except between the bells. Very good worker is definately stretching it though. He knows a few amateur throws and that's about it. I can watch a Shelton Benjamin match and get the same thing, only more polished. He probably will be a big star because he's someone's pet project. As far as earning it, he's got a long way to go. To me, he just screams 'green' outside of the amateur wrestling stuff.

Punk bores me these days. He seems to wrestle the same match over and over again. Also his moves are not really tight as they could be in some instances - he really seems to have stagnated, seeming to think that he has made it and doesn't have to work to improve and bust his ass.

Working a long program with Regal could be good for him.

Did you even watch his match with Rey? Or Morrison? He definitely stepped up his game in those.

Although I do agree working with Regal would be good in any case. Anybody working with Regal = good.