TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theone

How damn long will it take E to ditch the hideous spinner belt?

You're right. They went from

Big Eagle (1998-2002)

Smoking Skull used when Austin carried the title (1998-1999)

Unified WWE World (2002-2005)

Spinner (2005-now)

Not counting slight coloring changes, that's at least 4 unique title designs over the past 10 years alone.

There were 3 different undisputed straps and have been 3 different Spinner belts not counting edge's Rated R plate swap

and even back in the 80s there were lots of strap changes...

The big green belt was until 1984

Hogan I - 1984-85

Hogan II - 1985-86

Hogan III - 1986-87

Andres '87 - 1987-part of 88

and then the Winged Eagle - 1988 - 98

the "spinner" belt is fine. The other belts were boring. Like a piece of gold on a strap. If you want tradition, go for the WHC. If you want a representation of WWE today, then the current belt is it.

Cena will get that strap again after the next draft.

man up.

the "spinner" belt is fine. The other belts were boring. Like a piece of gold on a strap. If you want tradition, go for the WHC. If you want a representation of WWE today, then the current belt is it.

man up.

Theres either some really poor taste or serious retardation going on in between your ears...

man up.

Theres either some really poor taste or serious retardation going on in between your ears...

Must be new......

I actually like the belt. Like I said before, the WWE title when JBL/Show/Angle/Brock/Eddie had it looked boring. The US strap looked better because it had some color to it. On top of that, every time I saw that belt, it just reminded me that it's the "unified" title. I'm not hating on the current WWE title because it's associated with Cena which is the "cool" thing to do.

man up.

Must be new......

I actually like the belt. Like I said before, the WWE title when JBL/Show/Angle/Brock/Eddie had it looked boring. The US strap looked better because it had some color to it. On top of that, every time I saw that belt, it just reminded me that it's the "unified" title. I'm not hating on the current WWE title because it's associated with Cena which is the "cool" thing to do.

I don't hate Cena or anything associated with the guy besides his limited moveset...

I'm hating on the gaudy, gimmicky strap designed for him that he hasnt worn in quite some time, as it's truly a disgrace to the WWE in general, and specifically whomever is holding the title.

Gaudy spinner main plate? Check.

Wrong brand's side plates? Check.

The main plate not having the word Champion anywhere on it? Check.

Looking like it can be picked up in any local ghetto from the bling store? Check.

It's just time for a change. They could introduce a completely new belt and I'm willing to bet that the replica sales of the spinner belt would STILL be strong.

man up.

Must be new......

I don't hate Cena or anything associated with the guy besides his limited moveset...

I'm hating on the gaudy, gimmicky strap designed for him that he hasnt worn in quite some time, as it's truly a disgrace to the WWE in general, and specifically whomever is holding the title.

Gaudy spinner main plate? Check.

Wrong brand's side plates? Check.

The main plate not having the word Champion anywhere on it? Check.

Looking like it can be picked up in any local ghetto from the bling store? Check.

It's just time for a change. They could introduce a completely new belt and I'm willing to bet that the replica sales of the spinner belt would STILL be strong.

Be careful what you wish for. WWE changed the ECW strap and now it looks like a giant silver belt buckle. It's weird when a commercial for ECW comes on and it says something like "As Mark Henry goes for the gold again".

Be careful what you wish for. WWE changed the ECW strap and now it looks like a giant silver belt buckle. It's weird when a commercial for ECW comes on and it says something like "As Mark Henry goes for the gold again".

Did you even read the 1st post? I've already mentioned the hideous ECW and Divas belts and that a redesign would be fine as long as it ended up nothing like those two belts did...

I have no real problem with the spinner belt besides the obvious problems associated with it being on smackdown. I don't like the monday night crap on it either. I liked it better than that crap JBL and Eddie were walking around with. That belt just looked plain as old dry paint.

They won't bling out the big gold belt or at least I hope they don't.

I use to actually like the belt Hogan had during WM 3. It looked like a heavyweight title. The eagle belt which HE brought in was inferior to it.(I always wondered why people called it the HBK belt when Hogan wore the belt 3 times before HBK was even close to being a champion).

I liked Austin's skull belt actually. I see why they changed the belt to look bigger the night after WM 14 though. WCW was making some outlandish claims about how the big gold belt traced back to the early 1900's with George Hackenshmidt(sp?) and went through the likes of wrestlers like Lou Thesz. The wwf could only back to the 1960's and they pretty much ignore Bruno Sammartino, so they had to do something to make the belt change for a new era.

That DIVA belt has to go. It just sounds wrong. Like it's some bowling trophy for a diva contest.

The second model of the Attitude era title was exactly the same, except with a black strap and the scratch logo.....and no side bars.

Some of this post is 100% incorrect.

what.jpg

what2.jpg

in the words of Stone Cold....

WHAT?

No, he's correct. The smoking skull belt is not the attitude era title. The first attitude era title (ie: big eagle) was blue. The second one was black.

The second model of the Attitude era title was exactly the same, except with a black strap and the scratch logo.....and no side bars.

what.jpg

what2.jpg

WHAT?

No, he's correct. The smoking skull belt is not the attitude era title. The first attitude era title (ie: big eagle) was blue. The second one was black.

Also, it had the old style block logo insted of the scratch logo.

Which made it a better looking belt, IMO.

what.jpg

what2.jpg

WHAT?

Is your reading comprehension fucked?

He claimed the second attitude strap with the black leather had no side plates....I posted pictures proving it does.

It'll take forever to ditch that gaudy piece of shit. It makes too much merch sales obviously. Oh you know, eventually they'll do a "so-and-so traditionalist heel" destroys the belt and brings back something more old-school. And although they'll try to get heel heat by doing so, half of the crowd will pop for it just because they're a bunch of asshole smarks who cheer anything that diminishes guys like Cena.

It'll most likely be Trips when he eventually turns heel again.

It'll most likely be Trips when he eventually turns heel again.

We can only pray it'll be a member of Legacy...something like that would not only generate some good heat for someone like dibiase jr, but it could set up a legacy/CTC fued

what.jpg

what2.jpg

WHAT?

He claimed the second attitude strap with the black leather had no side plates....I posted pictures proving it does.

a) Oh. Maybe next time you should bold which part of the sentence you're referring to.

b) He said side bars, not side plates. I assume that means the bars that stuck out on the side of main centre plate. I think they were free floating to begin with but then became a "solid" part of the mold. Not 100% on that, if anyone has close-up pics I'd love to see, though.

c) Fuck you.

About 2 years ago, I was really hoping WWE would get rid of that damn spinner belt, but I gave up hope of that happening once I saw that the belt didn't actually spin anymore, and instead it was just a silly design that stood still. I thought that was WWE's way of saying "fuck you" to anyone who disliked the belt, as they wanted to keep that hideous thing, but make us shut up a bit by not spinning anymore. As for the new ECW title, I like it. The silver look is something new and different, but doesn't come off as tasteless. It was good that it was made a little bit bigger too than the original title.

what.jpg

what2.jpg

WHAT?

a) Oh. Maybe next time you should bold which part of the sentence you're referring to.

b) He said side bars, not side plates. I assume that means the bars that stuck out on the side of main centre plate. I think they were free floating to begin with but then became a "solid" part of the mold. Not 100% on that, if anyone has close-up pics I'd love to see, though.

c) Fuck you.

The b) part is what I was referring to, he described it exactly. My wording was off a bit in my last post, and I modified it to make it more clear. The first blue Big Eagle that Austin was given after WM XIV had raised side bars, the second black-strapped Big Eagle (that Rock was given at Survivor Series 98) had side "bars" that were part of the mold of the center plate, but not raised.

Sorry for all the turmoil this caused.