TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

Cool site. Okay now.

You can cash it in up to next year's Wrestlemania. So concieveably, if you want to main event Wrestlemania, you can

If they wanted to, have somebody from one brand win Money in the Bank and then the other brand can have a superstar win the Royal Rumble. Both main events would be covered for Wrestlemania, but of course that takes the fun out of the Elimination Chamber.

How so? Both Elimination chambers are for the titles.

Cool site. Okay now.

You can cash it in up to next year's Wrestlemania. So concieveably, if you want to main event Wrestlemania, you can

If they wanted to, have somebody from one brand win Money in the Bank and then the other brand can have a superstar win the Royal Rumble. Both main events would be covered for Wrestlemania, but of course that takes the fun out of the Elimination Chamber.

They had a lumberjack match on Raw the week before Survivor Series which Orton won after interference from William Regal. It's a shame that the Orton/Punk fued never really took off, it would have been huge.

If only Punk was taken seriously more, I think he would've done great headlining WM. They had a perfect storyline set-up, but the wrong person went over.

They could still do a feud, if Orton wins at WM. Punk could be one of his challengers, bringing up their history and how Orton cost him the belt. It probably won't happen but if they ever want to do it they could.

Chavez almost touched on a concept I want to see with regards to MITB. I think it could be a very good angle. I will use wrestlers as examples, as well.

Let's say Jeff Hardy wins the MITB, but can barely walk afterward due to putting his body on the line throughout the match. Edge puts a massive beatdown on Hardy during Smackdown when Hardy comes out for his first interview with the briefcase, because Edge knows Hardy will be gunning for him. They break his leg, and put him on the shelf indefinitely. After a long time away to rehab his injuries (with weekly updates showing Hardy "learning to walk again"), Hardy comes back and announces that he is not ready for a title match as he can no longer wrestle the style he is used to wrestling. He wrestles a more grounded, technical style, while showing flashes of his former self more and more as time goes on.

At some point, a fellow face talks to him backstage about how he has to rush getting back to where he used to be, as the MITB stipulation expires at Wrestlemania. The Rumble rolls around, and Triple H wins. He announces on Smackdown that he will be facing Edge at Wrestlemania. Hardy comes out and says he will be cashing in his shot against Edge at Wrestlemania, and his shot guarantees it can be a one-on-one match. Hardy and Triple H feud on the way to Wrestlemania, as Hardy will do anything to be able to beat Edge on the biggest stage of them all.

Anyone can be inserted into these roles, and I don't necessarily mean that the wrestler doing the attacking is Champion for a full year, but you get the gist of the scenario. Two wrestlers have the same right to a one-on-one match with the guy that they choose at Wrestlemania. I think it opens up a lot of possibilities.

The MITB really should be extended as a gimmick. They have a year to run with it, and a billion different methods. Punk's method was one of the best because nobody expected anything of him when came to Raw, but I think they should take another direction with this and run for a while with it. He can be Mr. Money in the Bank and wait a while, feuding with other people for other things and then snap up the title later. Which is a repeat of what a lot of people have said. Also,it's February, so hooray for a new topic soon.