TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

I think the CNN stuff is just a slowing down of the angle, like was said above. In storyline, sometimes the celebrity backs off the initial match before committing. They did the same thing with LT at WM XI. Jericho will do something to prod him and then he will accept after the Oscars.

Reeves Terminator gimmick is called "Ryback" basically a mash up of Ryan and Silverback, his first name and former wrestling nickname. He wears one red and one blue contact lenses - mind blowing. He also no sells everybody and wrestled as a hoss even though he's maybe 6'1".

That sounds very similar to the wrestler in AAA who wrestle in TNA as James Mitchell's son. I forget his name. Judas Mencias or something like that.

Edge and Umaga b. Khali and Helms

Some funny stuff before the match. After Umaga comes into the ring, Edge comes in with his hair tied up ala Gene SImmons of KISS and face paint ala Umaga. Edge also drew "Canada" across his belly ala Umaga. Very funny. My friend called out to Edge, "You suck." and Edge responded, "You're ugly."

From a house show report on the observer.

Makes me wonder if Edge's BFF is Umanga now. They always seem to be screwing around and ribbing each other on house shows.

That will never beat Umaga wearing Orton's tights a couple of years back.

Reeves Terminator gimmick is called "Ryback" basically a mash up of Ryan and Silverback, his first name and former wrestling nickname. He wears one red and one blue contact lenses - mind blowing. He also no sells everybody and wrestled as a hoss even though he's maybe 6'1".

So... Steven Segal from Under Siege?

I'm surprised Mickie or Candice havn't been been sat down for the dreaded 'lose weight now' conversation with Stephanie.

When is the last time either wrestled on wwe programming? Candice is in backstage segments fully clothed and Mickey is stalking Cody Rhodes in backstage segments as well and filmed from the boobs up.

Candice doesn't look as bad in the last 2 pics of that set. It was a house show, so the lighting is usually pretty shit anyways. Regardless, it does look like she has added on a few pounds.

I'm sure she'll have no problem taking the weight off, it's extremely hard for people who don't travel like those guys do to keep in contest shape year round, let alone traveling all over the country while trying to do it. That's why guys like Triple H or even the Big Show put weight back on after being on the road for awhile.

I'm sure she'll have no problem taking the weight off, it's extremely hard for people who don't travel like those guys do to keep in contest shape year round, let alone traveling all over the country while trying to do it. That's why guys like Triple H or even the Big Show put weight back on after being on the road for awhile.

I still think HGH. I've heard rumours she came off it because it's a bad idea for women to be on it too long, it risks making you sterile or something like that, and she wants a family. That might explain why Mickie has gained weight as well. I'm not sure how true it is, but it does sound logical.

Didn't Mickie screw her knee up on RAW a few weeks ago? I remember seeing a story saying she was OK, but it definitely looked like it hurt. They said the same thing with John Cena in the 2004 Royal Rumble when he got eliminated that he didn't hurt his knee, but it turns out he really did.

Aww... No one liked my Under Siege joke?

I'm with the whole... gain a few pounds and squash twigs thing though.

Awesome Candice. She could even use the Implant Buster as her finisher.

*laughs at bad joke*

Anybody else think that this could be the year they use the MITB on the same night it's won? They need to sooner or later and if they want to do something creative with it (rather than a heel using it in a cheap way (Edge) a face using it in a cheap way (Punk) or a face challenging in advance for a PPV (RVD).

I assume they will use it on the same night sooner or later.

Anybody else think that this could be the year they use the MITB on the same night it's won? They need to sooner or later and if they want to do something creative with it (rather than a heel using it in a cheap way (Edge) a face using it in a cheap way (Punk) or a face challenging in advance for a PPV (RVD).

I assume they will use it on the same night sooner or later.

I think this is the year a heel will win it and lose when they try and cash it in. I don't know if it would be used o the same night because the wrestler who wins it loses the push that comes along with having it, and carrying around the stylized briefcase.