TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Killzone 2

IGN just reviewed the game and gave it a 9.4. I am so much looking forward to this game. I still have to beat Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 before I pick up this game in a month.

For those who are interested in buying the game, Amazon.com has it listed for 56.99 with a 5 dollar coupon which brings it down to 51.99. You also can get free shipping and not have to pay tax on the game. Amazon also doesn't charge you on the game until it is shipped. The game ships March 3rd/4th.

Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

I just may pre-order this when I get my new VISA in the mail (stupid bank deactivated my old card before I got my new one). I have been itching for a good FPS for a while, and despite how great COD: WaW looks, I am just sick of WWII games at this point.

I pre-ordered mine, the other day.

Gamestop is having a midnight launch. I'm excited. Now that I work a swing shift, getting a game at midnight and playing it for a little while, isn't going to make me a zombie at work the next day.

Anyone else picking the game up tonight? I'm excited the game looks magnificent and has been getting lots of love from every game outlet I've seen/read.

Just finished playing the demo. It's hard but pretty cool. It's just that I'm so used to COD controls, so I kept fucking up here. Graphics are amazing. I'm probably going to get it tomorrow and get that 10 dollar giftcard at Toys R Us.

Way different. Killzone is really fast paced. Also, in Fallout, you have a shitload of weapons in your arsenal. In Killzone, you have a heavy weapon and a handgun, and grenades. That's pretty much it. AI in Killzone is also tougher and smarter, it seems. Also, it's very linear. Nowhere near as open as Fallout. Besides being first person shooters, they're not really similar.

Is the online less "hectic" than Resistance 2? That's one of the reasons I tired of it so quickly.. it was like ping pong with guns. I am more inclined to play games that feel more strategic like MGO when it comes to shooters so I was just wondering if KZ2 was anything like that..

Killzone 2 is as follows:

Spawn, die, spawn die, spawn kill kill die spawn die.

Its fast and pretty hectic, there isn't much tactics involved from what I've seen. Also the fact that higher levels get better guns, so they can mow through lower levels even quicker, which is fucking annoying.

I played the demo last night. Game looks good. The gears of war type of cover system takes some getting used to with the first person point of view. Game looks amazing. It reminded me of the first time I played COD 4, or Bioshock....just amazed at how well the game and the world look. I don't know if it was just me, but I found aiming to be a complete pain in the ass. It seemed like it took a long time to aim, and once I took a shot the recoil on the gun almost destroys how you were aiming. I'll play the demo again to see if I feel any differently.

Don't get me wrong, it seems like a great game, just not the second coming of Christ like some other reviews have been calling it.

Killzone 2 is as follows:

Spawn, die, spawn die, spawn kill kill die spawn die.

Its fast and pretty hectic, there isn't much tactics involved from what I've seen. Also the fact that higher levels get better guns, so they can mow through lower levels even quicker, which is fucking annoying.

D'oh. Definitely not my cup of tea then. =\

I really like the online, personally. I feel it's much less hectic than Halo and shit like that. Also, I think pretty much any online FPS is spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, kill, kill, etc.

The campaign is pretty awesome imo.

Also, I think pretty much any online FPS is spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, kill, kill, etc.

Yah, pretty much. I always hold out hope that they'll somehow move on from that style.. I prefer the 3rd Person stuff, personally. :)

That said, I still may rent this just to see.

The aiming takes a little time to get used to, also since headshots don't necessarily kill enemies in a single shot, sometimes it is hard to determine if you killed a guy or he just ducked down to hide for a second. The enemy AI in this game is pretty smart, they run for cover, try to flank you, follow you, throw grenades, and you have to be pretty slick throwing grenades at them because when you do, the enemy usually sees it and announces it to his squad and they scatter. The best thing to do is get them in a corner and then throw a grenade, or try to look around corners and not be spotted, and then throw one.

Pretty badass action and chaotic, it just takes time getting used to for me because I just got done with Resistance 2 in which the aiming is very lax, and pretty easy to shoot anything moving.

I really like the online, personally. I feel it's much less hectic than Halo and shit like that. Also, I think pretty much any online FPS is spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, kill, kill, etc.

The campaign is pretty awesome imo.

Well the analogy I gave was for a Halo3 type of game as oppose to Rainbow6 game where you had some slight teamwork.

The aiming takes a little time to get used to, also since headshots don't necessarily kill enemies in a single shot, sometimes it is hard to determine if you killed a guy or he just ducked down to hide for a second. The enemy AI in this game is pretty smart, they run for cover, try to flank you, follow you, throw grenades, and you have to be pretty slick throwing grenades at them because when you do, the enemy usually sees it and announces it to his squad and they scatter. The best thing to do is get them in a corner and then throw a grenade, or try to look around corners and not be spotted, and then throw one.

Pretty badass action and chaotic, it just takes time getting used to for me because I just got done with Resistance 2 in which the aiming is very lax, and pretty easy to shoot anything moving.

PS3Fanboy is reporting that Guerrilla is looking at patching the "sluggish" controls now...

Despite being intentionally designed as a "weighty, slower, more tactical first person experience," Killzone 2 is taking some flak for its sluggish controls. Producer Seb Downie had previously stated that "no changes [were] required to the system" with regards to last month's demo, but now that the final game is out, Guerrilla Games is changing its tune. Included in an official list of things to be patched, Downie notes that controller issues are being looked into: "Any possible changes will have to be carefully implemented and tested before being deployed though." This is a stark contrast in tone whereas the previous message implied that Guerilla would not alter anything -- they just might do something now.

As for the things that will definitely be patched, Guerilla has revealed it's working on bot solutions, network issues and other problems. Check after the break for the full list of fixes.