TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beto Chavez

Halloween 2

I dunno, "Kill her, baby" is rather close to "Kill her, mommy", and the idea of the giant masked killer having hallucinations about his mother telling him to kill people is awfully familiar too.

Not sure how to feel about this one. I liked Zombie's first Halloween, but it felt like he pretty thoroughly explored all the new things he wanted to do with Michael Myers in that movie. What else is left to do? Especially how the more-human version of Myers sure did seem dead at the end of that one, as did Dr. Loomis, but here they are inexplicably back again. Aside from apparently having Laurie dream the "Michael invades the hospital" plot of the original Halloween 2 as part of an extended fakeout, nothing in this trailer looked too good.

I liked Zombie's original re-make/re-boot, so I'm gonna hold judgment till I actually see the movie. I just get irritated that every time a new piece of media about any movie is released online, there is a barrage of how shitty the movie will be without even giving it a chance. And I'm not just talking about Zombie stuff. I can't remember the last time I saw a trailer or something online and never saw 20 people shitting on it.

^The man speaks the truth. Where the Wild things Are was one of the best trailers I've ever seen, and at least 5-6 people said something about how "bad the costumes look". That immediate reaction devoid of any understanding of the movies intent is something you get with every movie.

I think in this case, knowing what he did with H1, the man should get the benefit of the doubt. You can't say what he ripped off and what he didn't from the trailer though, that's a little ridiculous.

I like the homage to the original Halloween 2 here for sure......like most I'm iffy on a ghost of his mother telling him to do this and that, but I want to see more before I judge. Honestly, I thought the trailer looked really good other than that one detail of the ghost mom.

There hasn't been a good Halloween since the original #2. Zombie's take on the first one was awful. Same shitty dialogue he uses in every other movie he does. Pass

There hasn't been a good Halloween since the original #2. Zombie's take on the first one was awful. Same shitty dialogue he uses in every other movie he does. Pass

The remake wasn't that bad. I thought it was quite brutal and disturbing which recent horror movies have been lacking.