TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyon

PROMO: Back In The Element

Romania…never thought I’d end up here.” A thought is expressed.

The thought is coming from non other than Zak Owens AKA Zyon. One of the newest editions to the SWF locker room is out on this day having a bite to eat and just enjoying the fresh air. Zyon’s meal is a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich that can easily be finished in less than a minute, but the 22 year old is in no hurry. His choice of liquid for this meal would be his favorite pop, which is Sprite.

End of the World Tour, huh?”

Zyon questions the road schedules tour name since in his case this is anything, but the end. This is most definitely the start of a new for the former Indy journeyman who would never had seen the western side of the United States let alone the other half of the world. With a quick slurp of his pop Zyon finds himself enjoying the silence of the area he has stationed himself currently.

No cars…

No criminals…

No factories…

Just peace.

The man who earned the title “Patron Wrestler Of Athens” thinks back on the world that he came from. A world that was totally different from the current one he lucked into. This world was one of growing up without a family and witnessing countless crimes that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with.

Then One day…

“Yo Zak come with me to get a pack of cigs.” A gruff voice from the past echoes.

Zyon at the time was a confused teen living on the streets cause he simply had no place else to go and nothing to do. He was also involved with the right kind of people who had minor flaws that involved robbery and murder…nothing too tragic.

Yeah these were the right people, no doubt.

Zyon at the time was a simple follower and he did just that, and like a flash it was over. The teen he went into the nameless store with was shot dead right in front of his face over a pack of smokes.

Was it worth it?

Eyes wide open and gasping for breath the flashback teen version of Zyon was soon abducted by the police. While riding in the white and blue vehicle the youngsters face was cleaned off all red residue while the shock had not yet settled in. Before you could say “home” that is what exactly the youth was given. He was taken from the streets and thrown into an educational system that involved the one thing that Zyon loved…sports.

At the time there were no ESPN passion commercials that got teens into sports. It was either desire or a lack of anything else to do. In this particular fifteen year olds case it could be described as both. Well in no time Zyon known better then as Zak found himself participating in any sport he can get into while actually staying academically eligible.

The streets were gone, but no road is paved in gold.

After graduating Zak Owens found that he either had to go to college or enter the work force. During Zyon’s high school years he found himself being trained in the art of pro wrestling so the college and work force option was quickly thrown away.

And with those options gone, back came the streets.

As todays Zak Owens bites into his sandwich he can’t help, but twitch at what happened to him after graduation. Yes he was able to get quality wrestling training for free, but he had to do without everything else. Sure he found shelter in others homes and practically lived off those he could describe as…acquaintances. Ever since the age of 16 a hole was in the soul of the now “Unique Youth” and even as he worked the Indy’s the hole stayed. Never having enough money to get anything can do that to a man.

Then one day…

“Zak Owens?”

22-year-old Owens was having a meal…the only thing he could afford. He was approached by mysterious men in suites, no not the C.I.A. The men quickly introduced themselves as agents of a widely popular wrestling franchise…

WW…ok I won’t even go there.

“SWF”

Those are the initials that the men worked for and then like the saying goes…”He was offered an offer he couldn’t refuse”…or something like that.

“You will be working the opening match…impress us.” The past speaks again…

“Ugh…ok.” A confused voice answers.

*BLINK*

And with a twitch Zyon found himself staring off into space while he was approached by…children???

“Ugh…. hmmmm…. Mr. Zyon, sir…” A voice basically whispers.

Zyon gets to his feet and looks down on the two children who can’t be above the age of twelve. Zyon is momentarily stunned at the fact that these two complete strangers know who he is…

“Wait a minute…” Zyon thinks to himself as he has a sudden flashback…

“You will be expected to work house shows and weekly television events that will be broadcasted around the world…” A voice from the past explains.

Zyon once again finds himself back in present day and now understands what is up.

“Yes…” Zyon says with an overly friendly tone.

The kid’s eyes grow as they are obviously shaking in their tennis shoes.

“Could…. you…well…. could you sign this for use???” One of the kids can barely get out.

Zyon looks down and sees the kid handing him a black shirt with the letters SWF printed on the front. Zyon grins and gladly accepts the shirt and pen that is handed to him.

“Sure, no problem.” Zyon says as if he is a veteran at this kind of stuff.

Zyon places the pen in his right hand and casually signs his name on the shirt. The youth then gives the shirt and pen back to the two younger than him as the boys silently celebrate and then leave, but not before saying…

“Thank you.”

And with that the strangers were gone and Zyon finds himself once again alone, back in his element. With such a lightless past the Zyon of today involved in the limelight, has a question that only others can answer for him.

“Am I famous???”

Even SWF jobbers are recognised world-wide. It's a great place to work. The main-event players like Landon, Danny, Ejiro, Mak, myself, W&D etc, instead of being household names, actually have households named after us.

Even SWF jobbers are recognised world-wide. It's a great place to work. The main-event players like Landon, Danny, Ejiro, Mak, myself, W&D etc, instead of being household names, actually have households named after us.

I live in a Strangler-style house. It gets broken, but it never shows it.

The Toxxic House is very straight, with lots of edges.

The Wild & Dangerous house is a semi-detached.

Back on topic, I've been liking Zyon's work. This is a nice, solid piece that takes a tack I can see anyone writing on, but few people actually do. I'm pleased to see it, since it seems especially appropriate for the Zyon character. Solid work.

Back on topic, I've been liking Zyon's work. This is a nice, solid piece that takes a tack I can see anyone writing on, but few people actually do. I'm pleased to see it, since it seems especially appropriate for the Zyon character. Solid work.

What do you mean, "back"?

I thoroughly enjoyed this promo. Flesher's right, there aren't enough people who give their characters solid backstories and motivation. I thought the bit with the kids was great too, even though I'm kinda wondering why they speak English. =)

Yeah, but most of our roster are so arrogant, face or heel, that they take fame as their due anyway.

Sign in to follow this