TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

The one and only NHL playoffs thread

Guest starvenger

Final score: 5-3 Leafs. Mogilny gets the cheap hat trick via the empty net

Guest starvenger
Sadly, my game only showed me that the B's goalies will have to play as perfectly as possible to have a chance. Fuckin' Brodeur is going to be the death of me.

That's why he gets the big bucks and Hackett and Shields don't. From the highlights it looked like Brodeur is in very good form.

Guest fairtoflair7

Well its only 1 game but all i have to say is WOOOOOOO. The Isles outplayed, outhustled and outwit the whole Sens team. Solid all around. We killed penalties great and we didn't let in too many shots. When Snow faced anything, he didn't anything in. He played great. Yashin.....Best player on the Ice.....Played defense, offense, and was 2nd star of the game. Good coacing by Lavy. A few questionable calls w/putting Webb out there w/Yashin but it was all for protection. It was a good move to put out Godard and Webb after Yashin got nailed. If the Isles win game 2, it looks pretty bleak for the Sens.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Don't get your hopes up too much, fair...when the Nucks took the first two games from Detroit last year, everyone (here) was thinking sweep, and look what happened. Still, great work by the Isles...they've shown that they can take on the Sens.

And who would've thought Dallas loses to Edmonton? I picked Edmonton to win the series, but that was mostly a sentimental pick. Wow. And Hatcher throwing an elbow around with 3 mins left was a pretty retarded move.

Guest CanadianChris

Full credit to the Isles tonight...they were the better team, at least for the first half of the game.

That IDIOTIC slash on Neil by Godard will come back to haunt them, though...they didn't want to give the Sens any motivation at all for game 2.

Guest fairtoflair7

Neil tripped him and spun Godard around and the stick hit Neil in the face. Godard may have been careless w/ the stick a little but it wasn't on purpose at all.

Guest CanadianChris

NOT. Godard knew exactly what he was doing...it was retribution for Neil's big hit on Yashin earlier.

Guest treble charged

I wish I had a dish so I could see more of the Dallas/Edmonton games. They're so fucking awesome, and the last 7+ minutes or so that I saw after the Leafs (~!) game ended were amazing.

I was surprised that the Sens got shut out, but I think they'll come back. This was hopefully (for them) a wake-up call. You can't lose to a team who has Garth Snow as their starting goalie.

Guest MaxPower27

I was pissed that ESPN didn't air the Sens/Isles game. I mean, normally, they want a game with a backstory, which can have a good meaning behind it.

Sens/Isles: Yashin is shipped out because he's a fucking loser, he comes back looking to end the Sens magical season. I'd have rather watched Sens/Isles than Boston/Jersey and I'm a Bruins fan.

Fucking ESPN.

That said, even though the Queefs won, that was a really good game. I can't really root for either team, as I hate the Flyers, but I hate the Leafs even more. Maybe they can just all get hurt or something.

Guest bob_barron
(4) Philidelphia vs (5) Toronto - Philly in 4(Toronto sucks)

What's that?

Guest redbaron51

This must be the first Leaf game that I actually made through without falling asleep, or finding another game...

As I thought, Leafs would win the opener, but games 2,3 they'll lose.

GO OILERS...

BOO OTTAWA

Guest bob_barron

They can't lose game 3- that's the game I'm going to.

I'm shocked the Isles won 3-0- I wonder if it was just a one game fluke

Guest gthureson
And who would've thought Dallas loses to Edmonton? I picked Edmonton to win the series, but that was mostly a sentimental pick. Wow. And Hatcher throwing an elbow around with 3 mins left was a pretty retarded move.

Good thing its not the regular season, or else Hatcher would like get 3 games for that kind of head-hunting. But its the playoffs, so he'll likely get nothing extra.

Guest starvenger

Injury notes. Some injuries are in quotes because, well, you could be listed with a hand injury and in reality have a bruised thigh.

On the Leaf front, it appears that Antropov has a broken foot, Darcy Tucker has a 'leg injury' and Doug Gilmour is out for the series.

For Vancouver, Mattias Ohlund might play in game 1 and Mats Lindgren has a 'sore back'

New Jersey's Scott Gomez has a 'neck injury' and may miss game 2.

I'll list more if I see anything else...

Guest nl5xsk1
I was pissed that ESPN didn't air the Sens/Isles game. I mean, normally, they want a game with a backstory, which can have a good meaning behind it.

Sens/Isles: Yashin is shipped out because he's a fucking loser, he comes back looking to end the Sens magical season. I'd have rather watched Sens/Isles than Boston/Jersey and I'm a Bruins fan.

Fucking ESPN.

That said, even though the Queefs won, that was a really good game. I can't really root for either team, as I hate the Flyers, but I hate the Leafs even more. Maybe they can just all get hurt or something.

Max, you should have ordered the hockey package ... every game of the playoffs will be covered.

Guest MaxPower27

No $$$$.

I was going to go to the sports bar, but I didn't even have enough $$$$ to put the gas in my car to drive there.

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

Senators aren't going far. Maybe next year or in two, they just don't have 'it' to get by. The Leafs just flat out don't have the talent to win. They don't have the talent to even beat the Flyers. For 55 minutes, the Flyers DOMINATED the Leafs. If anything last nights game between the Flyers and Leafs was more of a fluke than the Isles/Sens. Belfour totally held the Leafs into the game...and that isn't something he'll be able to do forever. And the scary part of this all? The Leafs don't really have anyone else to improve their play. Mogilny, Nolan, and Sundein are the only offensive threats...and Mats can't handle the pressure. The Flyers have so many threats its scary. If they past the Leafs, which I'm sure they will, the Flyers are going to win the cup. Everyone is underestimating them. And they shouldn't.

NEW YORK - The National Hockey League announced today that New York Islanders forward Eric Godard has been suspended for one game for a high-sticking incident against Ottawa Senators forward Chris Neil in a NHL Eastern Conference Quarterfinal Game played on April 9.

The incident occurred at 19:28 of the third period and Godard was assessed a double minor penalty for high-sticking.

Godard will miss Game Two of the series to be played on April 12 in Ottawa.

credit nhl.com

Guest CanadianChris

Laviolette should be ashamed of himself for sending a goon on the ice at the end of the game to start with. It's people like him that make hockey something to be embarassed about.

Guest MaxPower27

Toronto is banking on THIS being the year, and I just can't see that.

With Ottawa, Philly and Jersey in the same conference, it's going to be difficult to even come out of the conference, let alone compete with much better teams out west. Detroit, Colorado, and Dallas, the three-headed Western Monster would chew up and spit out the Leafs by the time they got there.

Not to mention, if they keep getting hurt like they are, Pat Quinn might have to put the skates on and get even more 'hands on' than he normally is.

Let's also not forget the fact that they traded away how many draft picks for their acquisitions at the deadline?

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy
Laviolette should be ashamed of himself for sending a goon on the ice at the end of the game to start with. It's people like him that make hockey something to be embarassed about.

The Islanders don't base their games around chippy play, but they do need to set the pace. They are the underdogs, and the Isles will do whatever they can to throw the Sens off their game. I don't see sending a goon out on the ice at the end of a game any worse than the Sens fans ruthlessly booing Yashin. All is fair in playoffs, until they start taking dangerous runs at their opponents, ala Tucker and Roberts last year.

PS. I'll be down right shocked if the Leafs get passed Philly. Shocked.

Guest redbaron51

If Toronto is going to win the cup the following teams need to be eliminated, or else they wont succeed

Colorado

Detroit

Dallas

New Jersey

Washington (somehow Toronto always fucks up to a team less than stellar than them)

Guest fairtoflair7

If you call Godard a goon, then what do you call Neill. Yashin was getting beat up the whole game....What do you expect the Isles to do...sit around and watch? If you look at Neill's hit, there was a lot of elbow there. I would call that a dirty play if anything. It's also pretty clear that Godard was being tripped on the play and the stick inadvertently hit Neill. Godard was careless w/the stick and got what he desreved but you are saying that Lavy gooned it up?????? If the Isles are gooning it up, then I have no idea what you would say the Leafs do.

Maybe if the Sens stopped worrying about Yashin and the physical play of the series, then maybe they will accomplish something.

What I don't understand is that they give a suspension for this incident but nothing for the Roberts, Tuker or Corson sticking incident last year. I know the officiating in general has been horrible and inconsistant this year . Colin Campbell probably still has something agains Milbury and the Isles.