TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

The one and only NHL playoffs thread

Guest redbaron51

Just Anaheim, TC...

Giguerre must have a lucky horseshoe up his ass

Guest treble charged

I think Detroit's age my catch up to them if this game goes on much longer. Anaheim's defence must be exhausted, though.

Guest redbaron51

Tugnutt made 74 saves in one game.

But yes, both of them are tired as hell, but Mike Illitch must be liking this in a way. Longer the game=more cash.

Back to the game.

Anaheim doesn't have much chances, but their good quality chances though, especially Sykora having a great chance in the 1st OT.

Guest MrRant
Why is Vancouver playing like a bunch of morons?

Do you want the obvious answer to that question? :P

Guest redbaron51

Experiance always beats Inexperiance....

Plus Pressure infront of the home crowd

Guest bob_barron

St. Louis basically just got two fluke goals yet they keep getting stupid penalties. Especially Naslund. I'm decked out in blue and red and am not pleased

Guest Bruiser Chong

God dammit. Not only did the Wings lose, but SD! and the Simpsons got pre-empted cause of it. Guess I can't expect much considering the changes that have been made but still, they dominated the Ducks most of the game, shots on-goal-wise.

Guest bob_barron
Do you sweat it if you're Detroit after what happened last year?

No offense Canuck fans.

No offence taken.

I think this loss maybe worse then the ones they had last year. They battered Gigeure for almost 2 hours, were at home and ended up losing. That's gotta sting

Guest treble charged

The road teams seem to be getting off to good starts this year. Can't say I'm disappointed for the most part.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Wicked game between Anahiem and Detroit. As a massive Canucks fan, I was pumped for game one, then St Louis scored twice, which prompted me to switch back to TSN. At least the Ducks were keeping it interesting, and it's easy to cheer against Detroit.

Nice to see the Ducks pull out a win, but Detroit is way way too deep for them...I wouldn't be shocked if Detroit won 4 in a row there. But hey, anything can happen.

Stupid Canucks. WHY YOU GOTTA BE LIKE THAT?

Guest bob_barron

I still have some faith left- they just need one goal to get them going

Guest Karnage

The Detroit - Anaheim game was awesome.

The Canucks game is just depressing to watch right now..

Guest LaParkaMarka

So, how bout them BC Lions? Maybe they'll do something this year in the CFL.

(trying to pretend the Canucks game is just a bad dream)

Guest Memoirs of an Invisible Chevy

Anaheim played a strong 3 periods out of 6. Gigueire played outrageous. It was a wild game.

The Canucks played -3 peroids tonight. Cloutier was playing in another game via virtual reality. He was beyond bad. He let everyone down. Brian Burke has no one to blame but himself for thinking Cloutier could be a good goaltender down the stretch. The Canucks have a fairly good team but the goaltending is horrific.

Guest LaParkaMarka

I think that Cloutier never really recovered from that injury he had during the season...before that, he was playing extremely well.

Tonight, the only player on the Nucks who looks like he gave a damn was Brandon Reed (and Linden, but he always give a damn, bless his heart). It's sad when a rookie who has played 7 NHL games shows more than a bunch of vets.

Guest MaxPower27

Anaheim v. Detroit was very good. If that's how the entire series is going to be, I'm there.

Better check Giguere's gear. I think he had a backpack where HE CARRIED HIS TEAM FOR 3 FUCKING PERIODS with.

Guest CanadianChris
Do you sweat it if you're Detroit after what happened last year?

No offense Canuck fans.

I'd be sweating it i I were them. J.-S. Giguere is not Dan Cloutier, and Curtis Joseph is certainly not Dominik Hasek.

Guest nl5xsk1
Tugnutt made 74 saves in one game.

Tugger was AMAZING in that game ... played against my beloved Bruins, and literally put on the best one-man-show that I've seen.

... and I'm still stunned that Rad said that the Flyers are going to win the Cup. I can't even see them winning the East, let alone beating the winner of the West. The East is Jersey's to lose, IMHO. If Boston finds a way to knock them out, it's anybody's to take, but until NJ is eliminated they've got to be considered the favorites.

Guest starvenger
So, how bout them BC Lions? Maybe they'll do something this year in the CFL.

(trying to pretend the Canucks game is just a bad dream)

Is Damon Allen QBing again this year? He's about, what, 90?

wrt Detroit-Anaheim, Detroit lost game 1 of the finals and won 4 in a row, so they're probably not concerned yet. It's when a team goes down 0-2 that you start worrying.

Speaking of game 2s, my predictions for tonight:

Jersey over Bahston to go 2-0. Brodeur once again shows why he's one of the best.

Philly over Toronto to go 1-up. Hitchcock bitchslaps his troops and hopefully we see a Brashear/Domi fight late in the 3rd. And I plan a trip to the Peel Pub or Shoeless Joes next Saturday afternoon (which will piss my gf off. She has yet to grasp the meaning of the term 'hockey widow'.) Oh, and somebody gets hurt. Let's say, Kim Johnsson, for shits and giggles.

Dallas over Edmonton to go 1-up. Marty Turco overcomes his playoff jitters and stands on his head.

Guest gthureson

I'm gonna set myself up for a great disappointment.

Oilers 3, Dallas 2 in 2 OT.

Actually winning in Dallas is a huge deal for Edmonton. Its the one thing that has kept them from being able to beat them the last four times out. With that monkey off their back, I'm thinking they are going to go back to Edmonton up two.

Guest cartman
my predictions for tonight:

Jersey over Bahston to go 2-0. Brodeur once again shows why he's one of the best.

You mean the Devils' Defense once again showing why brodeur is one of the best.

Guest hockeytown9321

If Detroit plays the way they did in OT, they will win the series. Just some unlucky bounces against Detroit, just like game 1 last year against Vancouver. And Cujo played great, especially on the 5 on 3.

Guest gthureson
The Devils defence isn't that great- Brodeur is the real deal

Do you actually watch hockey?

Stevens, Niedermeyer, Rafalski, Tverdovsky, White, Smhelik with Danyeko as a sub.

Perhaps not as strong as the unit on their last Cup team, but still in the top 4 of the league as a group. The older guys have simplified their game to their strengths, plus it is one of the best skating blue lines out there.

Brodeur is a fine goalie, but he has never had to play behind a weak blueline.