TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
caboose

WWE Folder stupidity.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
. Choken One has been a problem for over three years.

Same thing has been said about many people. Both of us included.

Perhaps but with me it's normally people who are as bad or worse after me, whereas you get the whole board after you.

*shrugs*

choken was worse than either of us. Sass explained why he was banned and Continueing posting in this thread won't change anything so i think it's best to drop it sault.

Guest Anglesault
. Choken One has been a problem for over three years.

Same thing has been said about many people. Both of us included.

Perhaps but with me it's normally people who are as bad or worse after me, whereas you get the whole board after you.

Dr.Tom did call you a cancer.

But whatever. Hopefully this whole situation just blows over.

I do not understand why anyone would even want to be a mod. You must deal with people constantly bitching, and deal with stupid drama from all sides. Its not like you get paid, to me it is a no win situation. For any mods, do you regret being a mod now?

Guest Dazed

Every time a decision is made, we await the shitstorm. Today is no exception.

I don't "support anything" (which is a rather broad claim, but there's been about half-a-dozen things that I haven't liked, so I won't play indignant) because there is a fundamental problem with clearity and consistancy with all the rules they implement. There is a mentality that rules apply to some but do not apply to others that has me concerned.

He's right.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

He's wrong. Rules apply to everyone. Choken One was an "Established" poster and got banned. The rules apply to everyone.

Well, it just takes a while for the rules to catch up to some people.

The fact remains that it took a long time for an established poster to be banned, as they are given far more leeway than those that do not post as much. I've seen newbie posters getting the boot for something inconsequential while those with a higher post count have flamed or trolled with relative impunity.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I do not understand why anyone would even want to be a mod.  You must deal with people constantly bitching, and deal with stupid drama from all sides.  Its not like you get paid, to me it is a no win situation.  For any mods, do you regret being a mod now?

Oh please. I don't deal with shit. I'll close a thread, I'll ban a troll, I'll change a name on request, etc. As far as petty bitching, tattling, etc etc...I'll be perfectly honest.

I don't care. Really. Not one bit. I don't apologize, I don't regret things, and I don't really care that less than ten people here disagree with Choken One's banning. Rudo being modded? Nope. Don't care. You can post at me until you're blue in the face, and I still won't.

Know why? Because this board isn't any different at the end of the day. We all post about the shit we want to post about. This place is becoming a reality tv show without the cameras, and it's fucking pitiful that everybody is incapable of going. "Oh well." Try it. Say it with me. It's a hot new mantra.

"Oh well." Life goes on. We walk the dog, take a pee, and post here about puroresu. Life goes on. Now quit acting like Corky.

Guest Coffey

As one of the leaders of the board, I think that's the wrong mentality for you to have. Granted, that's why I think you're a bad moderator too.

Instead of dealing with things, which are brought to your attention, you just shrug it off because you "don't care."

If you "don't care" then why did you take a position that is meant to better the board? If you "don't care" then why not step down, since obviously it doesn't matter if the board gets better or worse to you.

What's pitiful is when a problem does come up, and people do what they're told to do about it, and then they get scolded instead of dealing with said problem.

None of the mods want to actually ever have to do anything. When some of them DO actually seem to be active (like nikjons) then they're pretty much the least favorite mods by the majority. It's a lose-lose situation, I know.

I'll go on record as saying if you post in the Hardcore Discussion folder AT ALL, you shouldn't have a say in ANYTHING because you're probably an asshole to being with. I don't mean your opinion shouldn't matter, I just mean your reasoning is probably flawed. Probably something like "you have sand in your vagina, shut up."

EDIT: Obviously, since you don't really care, this will roll off your back. In this situation, I suppose it should. Maybe I'm still just bitter. That being said, I still don't think telling people to not mention anything is the way to handle situations. You showed up for a day as the TNAW folder mod...but have you been back since? It still doesn't show us having a mod in the subfolder tag line. It's almost like you showed up and posted once or twice just to get us all to shut up. That didn't solve the problem, it just delayed it....

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
As one of the leaders of the board,

Leader of what? I don't even know who you are. The summer heat truly does have damaging effects.

Guest Coffey

Reading comprehension will get you far in life.... I was talking about Agent, whom is a moderator.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
but have you been back since?

Every day, believe it or not. I'm not unreasonable. Your complaint was just stupid, which is why I think you're a terrible poster.

Guest Coffey

So everyone else who complained, which includes Mad Dog & TheBigSwigg, are terrible posters too because they had the same complaint? So now, in an attempt to mock me, you shun more posters of the forums that you moderate. You really should think, what you type, through before clicking on submit.

You going to try to turn that around me on? Maybe next time I can be told that I'm a terrible poster with sand in my vagina at the same time! Whoa, that would be crazy!

...for the record, I don't fucking believe you either. I'm in that folder all the time and your name is never in the "currently viewing" part of the threads. YOU ADMITTED THAT YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH WRESTLING, so why would I believe that you would peruse that section of the website? It's not like you care afterall, right?

Foot in mouth syndrome.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It's going to be foot in ass syndrome, you whiner. Ask an admin to check the mod logs. I go through that folder every time I'm online. I don't POST about it because I don't WATCH WRESTLING. Why in the hell would I post about something I don't even watch? Unlike you, I don't make silly claims about things I know nothing about. Don't ever call me a liar unless you've got a reason, you snivelling jackoff mark.

Guest Coffey

You got me, I'm e-defeated. I've been threatened by a moderator. I will ask an admin to check the mod logs. I want to see the mod logs. I want to see how active you really are in that section. I want to see if you've actually done anything yet.

The problem is, how can you moderate what people are talking about when you don't know what they're talking about? That's not a knock, I'm just curious. You just read the threads and assume nothing is trolling or flame-baiting because you don't care? Because we should have thicker skin? Because we have sand in our vaginas?

Guest FrigidSoul
It's going to be foot in ass syndrome, you whiner.

Agent is the Kurtwood Smith of the Mod Staff. Only difference being is Agent didn't get his ass kicked by Robocop

AoO isn't fibbing when he says he's here every day checking out every folder.

It's kinda scary how well he scans the board...

:ph34r:

Guest Coffey

Oh, I have no doubt that he's around the rest of the board. Actually, I'm sure he's very active. It just doesn't make sense, logically, for him to peruse the wrestling related sections of the website...even as a moderator Actually, seeing as how this is a wrestling forum, it doesn't really make sense for him to be here at all...but he is. So, while he is, if he's going to moderate the TNAW section, which he POSTED to tell us he would, then he should probably has a clue about what's going on with the product. Granted he might be able to use basic common sense to tell when things get really sticky, but he's demonstrated in the past that he doesn't care what we think nor does he care about anything we complain about.

So why should we care about him being the moderator?

Guest Loss

Just so everyone knows, the mod who issues more bannings than anyone is Kahran Ramsus, and he never comes in here and explains himself, nor does he have to, I suppose. But a lot of the anger is thrown in the direction of Nikjohns, when most of you fail to realize that he and Sass are the most diplomatic mods you have. Hell, Nik has done less in that folder than he has wanted to do, and he'd probably be the first to admit that. You also have to realize that his hands are tied to a certain extent, and that any decisions he makes are the result of collaboration with at least one other staffer. The wrong people are earning your wrath here, folks.

Guest Loss

Just so everyone knows, the mod who issues more bannings than anyone is Kahran Ramsus, and he never comes in here and explains himself, nor does he have to, I suppose. But a lot of the anger is thrown in the direction of Nikjohns, when most of you fail to realize that he and Sass are the most diplomatic mods you have. Hell, Nik has done less in that folder than he has wanted to do, and he'd probably be the first to admit that. You also have to realize that his hands are tied to a certain extent, and that any decisions he makes are the result of collaboration with at least one other staffer. The wrong people are earning your wrath here, folks.

You really should think, what you type, through before clicking on submit.

And then you post this:

The problem is, how can you moderate what people are talking about when you don't know what they're talking about?

I've never watched so much as ONE TnA show. But if one day I should go in that folder and see someone post "Jarrett is a great wrestler, etc." and get met with a reply of "Jarrett sux u fucking stupid faggot", then it doesn't take a vast knowledge of TnA to see that that is in fact a flame. (That's not an actual post, just an example.) You don't *have* to be knowledgeable about ANYTHING to realize what is or isn't trolling/flamebaiting.

Guest Coffey
You really should think, what you type, through before clicking on submit.

And then you post this:

The problem is, how can you moderate what people are talking about when you don't know what they're talking about?

I've never watched so much as ONE TnA show. But if one day I should go in that folder and see someone post "Jarrett is a great wrestler, etc." and get met with a reply of "Jarrett sux u fucking stupid faggot", then it doesn't take a vast knowledge of TnA to see that that is in fact a flame. (That's not an actual post, just an example.) You don't *have* to be knowledgeable about ANYTHING to realize what is or isn't trolling/flamebaiting.

...which I pointed out in my next reply....

...right after you said

So, while he is, if he's going to moderate the TNAW section, which he POSTED to tell us he would, then he should probably has a clue about what's going on with the product.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

I don't see why a moderator has to know the subject of a forum to moderate it, there job isn't to spark discussion or be knowledgable, it's to moderate. As long as they know what buttons do what, they're qualified.

Of course if I were a mod I wouldn't even bother replying to someone like Coffey, but I guess if you feel the responsibility you might as well.

Guest Coffey

...which I stand by. He should. How hard would it be to get a TNAW folder moderator that actually watched TNAW?

I must admit, the moderators here are A LOT more lenient than some other places that I have been. I've been pretty shitty here recently, and it's been handled in a mature way for the vast majority of the time. Granted I'm sure AoO got a little pissed off at me, but that's what happens sometimes.

I'm trying to make positive suggestions, but I get frustrated when met with ridicule just like anyone else. Message forum or not.

Actually, I think it's better to get a mod who *doesn't* follow the product, because then you won't get a bunch of people saying "ur just mad because I don't like so-and-so" like you have in the WWE folder.