TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Cover for Infinite Crisis #1

Wonder Woman will kill,  Superman will kill when left with no choice but hates it, and Batman is completely opposed to killing.

Wondy's a born warrior and will always have more balls than the boys. 

No one has more balls than Batman.

No one.

Wonder Woman will kill,  Superman will kill when left with no choice but hates it, and Batman is completely opposed to killing.

Wondy's a born warrior and will always have more balls than the boys. 

No one has more balls than Batman.

No one.

Fuck that; Batman is full of shit and totally worthless. He refuses to kill Joker even though he knows that Joker will continue to kill and never pay for his crimes, let his limo driver/lover/confidant rot in jail for months for a crime she didn't commit, and didn't give a fuck that a rape-happy Dr. Light would try and re-rape Sue Dibney let alone tell all of his fellow villains how he raped a super-hero's wife.

I like the third dimension dynamic to the Big 3 relationship now.

Wonder Woman will kill, Superman will kill when left with no choice but hates it, and Batman is completely opposed to killing.

Agreed. I'm loving the dynamic between those 3 that has been developing over the past years. That was one of the things I really liked about Kingdom Come. It took that dynamic to it's logical extreme.

Fuck that; Batman is full of shit and totally worthless. He refuses to kill Joker even though he knows that Joker will continue to kill and never pay for his crimes, let his limo driver/lover/confidant rot in jail for months for a crime she didn't commit, and didn't give a fuck that a rape-happy Dr. Light would try and re-rape Sue Dibney let alone tell all of his fellow villains how he raped a super-hero's wife.

Fuck that; Batman's the man. He knows that he can never kill anybody because he has to try and hold up that difference between good and evil. He has to be better than the villians. Plus, he knows that he's so close to the edge already that killing somebody whether it be out of revenge/anger or some desire for justice that it would probably destroy him.

JasonX, Batman can't help it if Gotham City's penal system can't keep the Joker in custody. I'm also not clear on how your interpretation of his attitude toward Sue Digby's rape is correct.

Wow, I am so getting the Perez cover instead of the Lee version. Perez's work is amazing in regards to fitting so man people in a panel.

Guest JMA

I'm a huge mark for George Perez's artwork.

I like the whole Kryptonian Trinity with Superman, Superboy, and Supergirl.

Guest JMA

I respect the fact that DC hasn't had Batman kill anyone yet. He doesn't have to gun other people down or slit their throats in order to be an interesting character.

That being said, I think that he might've actually killed the Joker if he got his hands on him at the end of the "A Death in the Family" storyline. Luckily he didn't, or else he might've done something that he'd regret.

Guest JMA
I actually sort of liked the idea of Kord being the new host for the Spectre, but I don't know how a genial Spectre would act.

I must admit that I have reservations about Ted being the Spectre as well. I can't really see him being a Spirit of Vengeance. His death was violent enough, but I doubt he would go around killing criminals.

Batman should not kill the Joker. No one should until DC is ready to go out of business. He's still one of the best super villains in comics. His resume (killing Jason Todd, crippling Barbara Gordon, killing Sara Gordon, and murdering *thousands* of people) is one of the more impressive in comics (or...it use to be anyways).

Fuck DC for teasing us all with Jason Todd's return. That was a notch the Joker could hang his hat on in the DCU. Hacks.

The Spectre should be the one who smokes the Joker once and for all though. Let their spirits fight it out in Hell or something. Batman should never kill. He's supposed to be the thorn in the side of all of the meta humans since he doesn't have any super powers. He's that voice of reason they need to listen to (sometimes, and vice versa).

On that note...

Batman needed to be mind swapped if he was going to let Dr.Light back into the public too. If he wouldn't comply then...so be it. The JLoA did the right thing but they also did the wrong thing.

Guest JMA
The Spectre should be the one who smokes the Joker once and for all though.  Let their spirits fight it out in Hell or something.

I agree with you on the Spectre killing the Joker. I've envisioned the same scenario in my head before.

Is there a reason that the Spectre has never tried to wipe out ALL the villains on Earth? It's not like he couldn't, so what's stopping him? That might make an interesting story itself.

Because then DC would be forced to fold or create and entirely new generation of super villains to fill the void left by Luthor, the Joker, Darkseid, Brainiac, etc. It's a realistic and *smart* idea but the execution of said idea would completely cripple the DC rogues ranks.

Comics run into walls like that all the time. I'm pretty sure there's someone in the MU or DCU who could cure cancer, AIDS and every other disease under the sun but then there would be no stories left to tell in that area. Sometimes comics *do* have to keep shit "dumb" in order to keep chugging out stories.

Just don't make the stories a complete insult to the intelligence.

Guest JMA
Because then DC would be forced to fold or create and entirely new generation of super villains to fill the void left by Luthor, the Joker, Darkseid, Brainiac, etc.  It's a realistic and *smart* idea but the execution of said idea would completely cripple the DC rogues ranks.

Only if the Spectre was successful. But I'd have all the heroes and villains team-up (reluctantly) to beat the Spectre. Then again, that's similar to what's going on in Villains United, only the Spectre is going after magic-users instead of villains.

I think you mean "Day of Vengeance". Other than Jean Loring / Eclipso's connection to the Spectre, I'm not sure exactly how anything going on in that particular mini is going to be tied in with Crisis.

A) I haven't read any bat-books since HUsh, is it possible that this Jason Todd is from an alternate earth? I mean, if they're going for a Crisis storyline, they might take that rout.

B) Seeing as I've always liked Blue Beetle, and the New storyline has brought them to the forefront, anyone know any good Geffin JLA TPBs?

A) I haven't read any bat-books since HUsh, is it possible that this Jason Todd is from an alternate earth? I mean, if they're going for a Crisis storyline, they might take that rout.

Nope. Jason Tood (now the Red Hood) is indeed the real Jason Todd.

B) Seeing as I've always liked Blue Beetle, and the New storyline has brought them to the forefront, anyone know any good Geffin JLA TPBs?

Only three Giffen JLA TPBs exists; one of which is long out of print.

Justice League: A New Beginning- Reprints Justice League #1-6 and Justice League International #7, which is the first seven issues of the Giffen JLA. The book ends with numerous storyline up in the air, most notably the truth about Maxwell Lord's past and his super-computer helper that's controlling Max's actions during these issues

Justice League: The Gospel of Maxwell Lord- Second Giffen TPB, currently out of print and impossible to find even on Ebay. Reprints Justice League International #8-14 which resolves the whole Max Lord origin mess, has the old Big Guns JLA return for the Millennium X-Over, and ends on a cliffhanger as the JLA fight the Suicide Squad.

Formerly Known As the Justice League- Collects the Giffen JLA revival mini-series. Good though some of the gags won't make sense unless you've read the Giffen run (especially JLI #15-22). Also the story lacks Guy Gardner, who Giffen was forbidden from using in the mini-series and has a horribly written, totally out of character Mary Marvel in the series as a replacement for Captain Marvel, who like Guy Giffen was forbidden from using.

A fourth TPB, collecting the aborted mini-series turned JLA Classified arc "I Can't Believe It's Not a Justice League" should be out next year. ICBINAJL has Guy Gardner in it, Mary Marvel actually acts like she normally does, and there is a wonderful running gag where Sue Dibney denies being pregnant to everyone in earshot, but the book falls apart when Giffen fails to follow through on resurrecting Ice (another Giffen era favorite who was killed off right before Zero Hour).

Guest JMA

Anything is possible at this point. I'm thinking that this Jason is the same one who died in the mainstream DCU, though.

Geez, don't you people get it by now that there ARE no alternate earths, the multiverse was destoyed in Crisis 1. Now there's just alternate timelines....with the hypertime... and ...stuff. (yeah I don't get it either)

Guest JMA

Geez, don't you people get it by now that there ARE no alternate earths, the multiverse was destoyed in Crisis 1. Now there's just alternate timelines....with the hypertime... and ...stuff. (yeah I don't get it either)

One of the higher ups at DC said Hypertime doesn't exist anymore.

Nope. Jason Tood (now the Red Hood) is indeed the real Jason Todd.

Only three Giffen JLA TPBs exists; one of which is long out of print.

Justice League: A New Beginning- Reprints Justice League #1-6 and Justice League International #7, which is the first seven issues of the Giffen JLA. The book ends with numerous storyline up in the air, most notably the truth about Maxwell Lord's past and his super-computer helper that's controlling Max's actions during these issues

Justice League: The Gospel of Maxwell Lord- Second Giffen TPB, currently out of print and impossible to find even on Ebay. Reprints Justice League International #8-14 which resolves the whole Max Lord origin mess, has the old Big Guns JLA return for the Millennium X-Over, and ends on a cliffhanger as the JLA fight the Suicide Squad.

Formerly Known As the Justice League- Collects the Giffen JLA revival mini-series. Good though some of the gags won't make sense unless you've read the Giffen run (especially JLI #15-22). Also the story lacks Guy Gardner, who Giffen was forbidden from using in the mini-series and has a horribly written, totally out of character Mary Marvel in the series as a replacement for Captain Marvel, who like Guy Giffen was forbidden from using.

A fourth TPB, collecting the aborted mini-series turned JLA Classified arc "I Can't Believe It's Not a Justice League" should be out next year. ICBINAJL has Guy Gardner in it, Mary Marvel actually acts like she normally does, and there is a wonderful running gag where Sue Dibney denies being pregnant to everyone in earshot, but the book falls apart when Giffen fails to follow through on resurrecting Ice (another Giffen era favorite who was killed off right before Zero Hour).

Unless you just have to have TPBs, the original issues of Giffen/DeMatties's run can be found in back issue bins for about $2 an issue. I found the entire run at my favorite shop and got most of the first 36 issues (I stopped at Kooey Kooey Kooey to make sure I didn't go broke). Great stuff.

Good Lord!

Those types of covers is why people have trouble taking comics seriously. A woman should not have breasts those size with a 22 inch waist.

However, hopefully Perez keeps doing alternate covers for the series since I am a huge fan of his work.

Guest JMA
However, hopefully Perez keeps doing alternate covers for the series since I am a huge fan of his work.

Same here. Perez is one of my favorite comic artists.

Same here. Perez is one of my favorite comic artists.

You guys can relax regarding who's doing the IC covers; it's been confirmed that DC is pulling a Dreamwave and releasing the entire IC mini-series with two covers for each issue: one by Perez and one by Lee with both shipping out equally.

Good Lord! 

Those types of covers is why people have trouble taking comics seriously.  A woman should not have breasts those size with a 22 inch waist. 

Yeah, but its Power Girl, and her whole gimmick is she has giant boobs.

I'm guessing Power Girl and Supergirl are somehow a big part if Infinite Crisis, given the wierdness going on in JSA Classified and the new Supergirl's book.