TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

KFC Chicken Bowl

Guest NYankees

I just had the one with chicken, mashed potatoes, corn and gravy yesterday. It wasn't that bad but nothing to write home about. They also have one that replaces the potatoes with rice.

I don't see the big deal about this, considering I integrate my mashed potatoes and corn all the time. However, that gravy and cheese topping leave something to be desired, imo. And, Chris, there are a lot worse things than KFC Bowls out there.

I don't see the big deal about this, considering I integrate my mashed potatoes and corn all the time. However, that gravy and cheese topping leave something to be desired, imo.

That did it for me. Mashed potatoes and corn, of course. Throw in chicken, still OK. Gravy...well, gravy goes with mashed potatoes, so I can still see it. The cheese on top of the gravy, though...they may as well throw in a complimentary EKG at that point.

Which reminds me, I need an EKG test due to my condition and the medicine I take for it. It's been a little too long.

About this, this is nothing compared to some of the crap that they have at Popeye's or at the breakfast places here.

Yeah, I don't think it tops the mega-meat bowl at Denny's (or whatever it's called) or a four pork-chop dinner at Waffle House. Nonetheless, it sounds pretty gross. The cheese is definitely overkill, and it sounds like it would be better with grilled chicken rather than fried.

It's not like it sounds delicious without the cheese. I need some veggies in my shit, man. Par exemple, the Zesty Chicken Bowl. That little motherfucker's tasty.

After a round or two of smokin up, this is one great munchie attack meal, thats all I know. Corn and mashed potatoes go together perfect-- was surprised it took them so long to figure that out. The cheese on top isnt nearly as big of a deal as some think it is since its not smothered in cheese or anything really.

Guest Princess Leena

Make your own chicken dishes. It doesn't take much effort. If I can do it regularly, anyone can.

That goes without saying. I'll usually buy chicken by the pound when it's on sale and just stock up for like 3 months. Chicken is a very diverse type of food, lots of different styles and usages with it.

I never fry chicken though, I probably eat at the fast food chicken places once every 3 months.

Ezell's is so good that Oprah used to have it flown from Seattle to Chicago. That's some good motherfuckin' chicken.

Chicken en mole (or any kind of sauce, really), chicken lasagna, or just a grilled chicken breast sandwich are all easy to make and bomb. I would never fry chicken myself.

the past few times I've had KFC it's had a funky aftertaste, like the morons behind the counter haven't changed the grease.

KFC's like Pizza Hut in the sense that every time you have their "food," you swear you're never eating there again. Then a few months later your grease tank needs a fill-up so you return only to repeat this magical process again.

These bowls of nastiness couldn't BE anymore offensive to my sensiblities.

It's not even the calories (tho it is) it's the utter lack of vitamins.

This is exactly whats wrong with fast food in America. No redeeming qualities.

These bowls of nastiness couldn't BE anymore offensive to my sensiblities.

It's not even the calories (tho it is) it's the utter lack of vitamins.

This is exactly whats wrong with fast food in America. No redeeming qualities.

Then don't eat it.

El Pollo Loco used to have some jammin' bowls. They put chopped up grilled chicken over Spanish rice, with guacamole and salsa on top. I believe they had a steak one, too.

Oh I won't.

I won't.

See that bowl sounds a lot better. Why? Guac, tomatoes, onions, rice...

Vitamins.

BTW with a name like El Pollo Loco, that sounds like it has some good rotiserrie (sp) chicken.

I can't believe as a kid I used to call those restaurants "El Poll-oh ..."

in all fairness, if you tried to convince you that it was pronounced poyo (ish) they would probably try to deport you.

I'm afraid we're going to have to start calling tacos "mexican wraps" in this country.

Can't be speakin that SPANISH in here. Tuk ahhr jobz!