TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tekcop

The OAO TEW/EWR Thread of Fun!

Since it seems that I spend all of my free time these days playing TEW on my notebook, I've decided to try and start a thread. I know there have been a few started here and there in the past but I don't feel like dredging up an old thread when I can make a shiny new one. I sometimes lurk around EWR Battleground and the official TEW board but I generally find the stupidity here at TSM to be a little easier to swallow then that of most boards. So! TSMers! Discuss with me all the random thoughts you have about your current EWR and/or TEW games!

As for me, I'm currently playing a WWE game that started the night after SummerSlam '06 (sort of, but we'll get to that in a minute) and is now building up to RAW's Bad Blood (instead of Cyber Sunday) and Survivor Series of '07. I've shamelessly stolen quite a bit of talent from TNA since I figure they'd be happier and better used with me instead of jobbing to Team 3-D and The Honky Tonk Man. Am I right? I'm right.

In my alternate universe, even though the ECW brand started before the real world part ends and my part begins it never existed. This isn't because I dislike the new ECW, I'm actually a fan, it's because I just didn't want to book a third brand like that. The ironic part is that I have started a third brand since then staring young up-and-comers like CM Punk, Alex Shelley, Lance Cade, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles. The WSF is in the middle of a tournament to crown their new champion right now. The tentative plan is for Ken Doane to come out the suprise winner. Oh, and at the Great American Bash, Lashley wrestled and retained his title but Khali was still replaced by The Big Show.

My current champions:

WWE Champion - Christian Cage. Christian, with the help of his new Coalition (Ken Kennedy and Matt Morgan) defeated the Rocky Balboa-ish Ric Flair at SummerSlam '07 to win his first World Championship in the WWE. He's currently being chased by John Cena, Ric Flair, and Finlay.

World Heavyweight Champion - Carlito. A long, blood-filled fued with crazy old man Flair (post freaking out and attempting to attack Melina at SummerSlam '06 in the real world) showed everyone Carlito's serious side. He was one of the final four at the Royal Rumble along with Ric Flair, John Cena, and Austin Aries but was thrown out along with Cena by Aries while the two were fighting against the ropes. The night after Flair won the Rumble, both world champs (RAW's Edge and SD's Orton) fought over who would get the easy win over the old man at Wrestlemania but Carlito showed respect to his former nemesis and challenged to two to a tag team matchup for later that night. RAW's main event that night ended with Carlito pinning Orton and Flair announcing he'd face Edge at Wrestlemania. This led to Carlito showing up on SmackDown! and challenging Orton for the available title shot, pointing out his pinfall victory over the champion earlier that week. Locker room leaders Batista and Chris Benoit were not happy with a RAW guy coming over suddenly and challenging for SmackDown's World Title and offered a challenge to Carlito: If he could survive five minutes each in an eight man gauntlet, Carlito would get his chance. The next week's SmackDown started with Carlito defeating Mark Henry cleanly in just under five minutes, getting a count out victory over The Great Khali in about two, getting his ass beat then rolling up Benoit once again just under five minutes, getting destroyed by Batista for five minutes straight but not losing, until finally his battered and broken body could take no more and he fell to a brainbuster and a 450 from Austin Aries. Aries and his valet Lollipop celebrated in the ring but were suprised when Batista and Benoit ran back to the ring to help their fallen former opponent. Carlito had earned his shot by earning their respect. In the upcoming weeks Aries protested the decision, believing he had the right to the Wrestlemania title shot against Orton. Not one to back down from a challenge, Carlito faced Aries at No Way Out in a number one contendership match and won. Carlito went on to defeat Randy Orton at Wrestlemania and has had a number of title defenses against top guys from Batista, The Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar to lesser proven superstars like Orlando Jordan and Paul London. He is currently fueding with Kurt Angle and being chased by Batista, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, The Great Khali, and Bobby Lashley.

Intercontinental Champion - Rene Dupree. Soon after returning from his near career ending injury, Dupree joined with Test to create one of the most dominating tag teams on the RAW brand. Their top accomplishments included a Wrestlemania tag title defense and a PPV bout against Degeneration X. It wasn't long before the French Phenom wanted to strike it big on his own and he made sure everyone new this when he interfered in RAW's main event pitting Edge against John Cena for the first time in almost a year. Dupree attacked both men and challenged them to a triple threat at Vengeance. Dupree's plan didn't quite work out as he imagined when he fell to a match-ending FU that night, but he was not to be deterred. The following RAW's saw wrestler after wrestler fall in the wake of the French superstar. Dupree didn't make it on the SummerSlam card that year but won a four-man number one contendership match at Unforgiven to face CM Punk for the Intercontinental Title on RAW if Shawn Michaels didn't win it that night (For a long story short, The Coach blackmailed HBK into facing Punk for the title to try and keep the Straight Edge superstar from leaving RAW with the title). Dupree's intelligence shined through later that night when he interfered in the Intercontinental Championship match and caused CM Punk to win. Dupree lost any ire he might have gained from The Coach when he defeated Punk for the title on Punk's last night on RAW. Since then, newcomers to RAW Jeff Hardy and Orlando Jordan have both showed interest in being Dupree's first challenger. Only time will tell what's next in store for the originator of the French Tickler.

United States Champion - Bobby Lashley. Like most superstars, Bobby Lashley's journey to his second US championship was a long and arduous one. Lashley showed WWE audiences what a champion should be with his sportsmanship and willingness to take on all challenges. Survivor Series 2006 seemed like just another title defense for the soft spoken, hard hitting grappler as Lashley was all set to take on Joey Mercury. Little did our champion know, but his opponent that night had a plan. This plan was an MNM reunion ending with Mercury and Nitro holding their US and IC titles high in the air over an unconscious Bobby Lashley. The now former champ seemed prepped to win back the title many felt was stolen from him but he always seemed to get thrown off track by his new close friend Batista. The two power houses teamed together a number of times to take on the likes of King Booker, Randy Orton, and The Great Khali as well a number of other superstars, culminating in the almost modern day Super Powers taking on King Booker and The Duke of Jordan for the WWE Tag Titles. The dominating duo came out the winners via DQ but didn't leave that night with the straps around their waists. Lashley was once again hyped about getting a rematch but the team was thrown off track by Teddy Long announcing he had already booked Batista against a dream opponent for Judgement Day. A seemingly more intense Bobby then we'd seen before easily destroyed his opponent the next week on SmackDown before calling out Long and demanding he tell everyone who Batista would be facing at Judgement Day. SmackDown's General Manager agreed it was time and called out Batista and his opponent Brock Lesnar. While WWE fans at the event that night and all over the world were jumping for joy over this true dream match up, Lashley seemed a little less than impressed. The SmackDown saw a cocky Bobby Lashley issue an open challenge. Even though the still unpinned or submitted Great Khali answered Lashley just smiled and nodded. The night of the PPV, Lashley and Batista met up backstage, but Lashley blew off Batista and his wishes of luck. Lashley match with Khali ended after a incredible powerslam drove Khali to the mat. Lashley had beat the unbeatable. Batista's match with Lesnar, however, didn't have quite the same ending as The Animal fell to an F-5 in the night's main event. SmackDown's main event the two weeks later was a six-pack challenge for the Great American Bash World Heavyweight Championship shot. After Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy had been eliminated it seemed we would see the four challengers take sides but Lashley just slid out the ring and left Randy Orton and King Booker have their way with Batista. This plan's major hole was Batista's will as The Animal made a comeback and threw both men out of the ring. Lashley was shocked as he saw Batista standing in the ring daring him to face him one on one. Not to be outshown, Lashley ran back into the ring only to be double teamed and pinned by Booker and Orton while Batista watched. Batista ended up winning the match after some miscommunication between the faux-partners but a surprise from Mr. Money in the Bank Austin Aries meant that Batista would face Carlito the next week on SmackDown with the winner of that match going on against Aries in a TLC match at The Great American Bash. The Carlito/Batista match the next week was hot. With two huge fan favorites in the ring, the crowd was decidedly split -- and it didn't help much that the special commentator Austin Aries had gotten up from his seat and was ringside agging on both superstars and grabbing the referee's attention on more than a few pinfall attempts. It was during one of these times that Bobby Lashley made his move. Batista had just hit Carlito with his pop-up spinebuster and gotten a shocking kick out. The signal for the Batista Bomb caused Aries to jump onto the apron and tug at the referee's shirt collar; with this, Lashley ran in from the crowd and hit Batista with the chairshot heard round the world. A confused Carlito crawled over onto Batista's lifeless body to retain the title. Bobby Lashley had done the unthinkable, he had shed his goodie-two-shoes image. Instead of explaining his action next week, Lashley introduced his new manager in the form of the returning Armando Alejandro Estrada. The next couple of months saw the two former friends trade win in multiple matches before both decided it was time to change gears and go back after the World Championship. The debut of Kurt Angle earlier that month had shocked the SmackDown world and Angle was ready to wrestle his first match in a WWE ring in over a year. After receiving multiple challenges, Angle accepted all of them and faced Brock Lesnar, Batista, and Bobby Lashley in a fatal fourway. Angle's first victory in over a year came via a Bobby Lashley tap out that night. Not willing to let one loss affect them, Lashley had Estrada challenge Matt Hardy for his United States Championship for No Mercy--a match Lashley later won with a devestating top-rope Dominator. As a new champion Lashley hasn't had any challengers for his title yet, but you can expect Matt Hardy to be gunning for a rematch.

World Tag Team Titles - Triple H and Charlie Haas. (I'll do the rest later.)

WWE Tag Team Titles - Doomsday: Heidenreich & Da Beast.

WWE Television Title - Austin Aries.

WWE Cruiserweight Title - KENTA.

WWE Women's Title - Mickey James.

TEW07 is really good, nice features added, the only downside is that the team who made the Real World data have done a poor job (imo). Download the demo, then download the Real World data, you'll be able to play a month of it to get a feel of what they've done. They've clearly just imported their previous data from TEW05, and maybes even TEW (you can tell because profiles are several years out of data making references to current events long gone), they have a whole host of wrestlers active who have either retired, or left the business, and have been very generous with the 'puro' stat.

The new features on TEW07, are worth it if the data is good. Its a harder game now, you have to actually book well to survive.

I play TEW '05. I can't imagine playing EWR anymore. I've gotten so used to the newer games. I've played the demo for '07 a couple of times, and dude's not lying about the difficulty. You have to book smarter and bad, unover wrestlers are more likely to have bad matches and angles. There are a few bugs here and there with '05 but it's not anything that's kept me away from playing it. As for '07, I have no idea.

I've got a WWE game going on for about a year now on EWR (I'm cheap and I'm not getting the TEW games). Started at WM 23, and just finished WM 24. Here are my currents champs.

RAW

WWE Champion: Triple H

IC Champion: "Our Hero", Chris Hero

World Tag Team Champions: MNM

Women's Title: Vacated

ECW

ECW World Champion: Elijah Burke

Smackdown!

World Champion: Edge

US Champion: MVP (Near 1 year reign)

WWE Tag Team Title: The Queen's Men (William Regal and Douglas Williams w/Steve Lewington)

Cruiserweight Champion: Mistico

I've had fun starting my own indie fed in the Great Lakes lol, however the game world is totally fucked due to the data.

TNA

Brother Spike was TNA World Heavyweight Champion for 4 months, Kip James was TNA X Division Champion (and still is) for a year.

WWE

They signed, Christopher Daniels, Alex Shelly, Chris Hero, Raven, Juvi and Justin Credible. Shelly and Daniels were jobbers on Smackdown, Chris Hero was a Color Commentator on Raw. They were all fired a few weeks later.

Vince McMahon retired from ownership, moved to booker, retired as an On screen Character. Steph took over as owner, Fell to Cult level, lost TV deals, sacked half the roster, rest of roster left to tour Japan as WWE wasn't big enough for them anymore (HBK, Edge, Cena). Ric Flair is now the champ.

Thing is, I guess that could actually happen in real life.

Great Lakes Wrestling (my Indie fed)

Mike Modest has been my champ, feuding with Josh Barnet haha. Alex Shelly arrived and proclaimed that GLW was a shithole, he went on to win the 18man Trophy Tournament. Alex Wright is the midcard mastermind, along with Dallas Hart, Sederick Strong and Ted Dibiase Jr.

I never got on with TEW, since I always go as TNA it's too fucking difficult and I just end up getting annoyed. Whereas I can play EWR for hours on end because of it's simplicity (not as in difficulty wise, just the pick up and play effect it has). When I play EWR, I usually change the names of wrestlers who will have had their names trademarked, just for reality purposes. So when I signed The Headbangers, I renamed them Chaz Mosh and Glen Thrasher. See how clever that is? I'm also a mark for building up a strong tag team division as well as giving under-charasmatic superstars managers.

As of now my champions are coming out of Lockdown:

TNA World Champion - Steve Corino (winning the title after a long fued with Samoa Joe and Chris Jericho, Corino now faces his a tough test with the young brash AJ Styles)

TNA World Tag Team - Too Cool (after reuinting in TNA for almost a year now, Too Cool has dominated the comptition, getting big wins over X-Factor, Doring and Roadkill and even Vitamin C (Cage and Jericho). They are currently fueding with Serotonin and they seem to have the upper hand, but does Raven have something up his sleave?)

TNA TV Champion - Ron "The Truth" Killings (Killings picks up his first title win since he lost the tag titles with BG James as the 2 Live Kru after an impressive fued with Damaja. Killings is now facing a tough test against the British Moster Paul Burchill. Burchill, after a grueling fued with veteran "Val Venus" Scott Borders is looking for his first taste of TNA Gold.)

TNA X Division Champion - Jay Lethal (After almost a year out of the ring due to a neck injury, Jay Lethal returned to the six sided ring to get a title win over The Amazing Red, with a little help from his new manager, Father James Mitchell. Has the youngest star on the TNA roster really turned to the dark forces to help him get over? And how will Red respond now that he has sided with the beautiful Alicia and her team The SAT?

Alright I might have to change my tune on this. This resurgance in EWR/TEW talk as rekindled my interest. Though I really don't have tons of time to tool around with it, I'd like to give the demo of TEW2007 a go and see how it is compared to the first iteration of TEW that I tried way back when..

Walkin' Dude, is the stats package you have for June for TEW 2007 or is this strictly EWR? If not anyone know where I could get a "real life" update for TEW 2007 that's fairly current?

I don't think anything will ever replace EWR for me but I guess I should give the new TEW a chance..

T-Zone is the only current real life data for TEW07, its from Late May07, its ok but there's little things that are annoying. There's a up to date real life data mod in the works called 'Fall of the One Ring Circus' which is usually pretty good.

T-Zone

Pros

HUGE DATA BASE

Cons

Huge data base is copied and imported from past versions of TEW and TEW 05, things are slightly out dated. Most workers have generic stats due to the sheer amount of workers in the database, so things aren't completely accurate.

1RC

Pros

Smaller database with an eye on accuracy

Cons

Might not have all the guys you want to use in it

Some say its generous on the stat side of things making it easier

T-Zone Data Thread

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23104

Fall of the One Ring Circus Thread

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21646

Death of the Territories (80's Real Life Data) Thread - truly amazing and scarily accurate in parts!

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21015

TEW Mod Download Site - very good

http://bobinc.net/index.html

tekcop's scenario is terrible and I would not watch a minute of it if it played out in real life.

You should have seen my old game where Batista held the World Heavyweight Title for two years before losing it via a fake injury. He also beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and made him retire at Judgement Day. See... it can always be so much worse.

It's not meant to be a knock. We all have those silly angles and champions at one point or other. I just don't like the idea of Flair chasing titles anymore at his age or Carlito being a world champion.

dubq, the June update in question is for EWR.

as far as DLing this thing, someone help me get started because I clicked on those links and had no idea what to DL. Once I get it going, I should be able to figure the rest...sorry for being a dumbfuck...thanks for the help!

I've had a PWG game going for a year on EWR, which is rare for me. I rarely make it that far into a game. So far, I've spent about two weeks as a National fed before pretty much instantly dropping back down. Didn't help that a new National fed started up and raided me just as I'd started getting Colt Cabana and Claudio Castagnoli into the main-event.

Is there anywhere where people post diaries anymore?

The aforementioned Battleground site has people posting diaries. I created a new fed on national level called WAR (Wrestling Allied Revolution), and it's picking up steam steadily. Let's hope I don't quit on it after a few weeks like I always do.

1RC

Pros

Smaller database with an eye on accuracy

Cons

Might not have all the guys you want to use in it

Some say its generous on the stat side of things making it easier

Is this the One Ring Circus one you mentioned that's going to be released soon?

And be sure to play The Fall mod for TEW07 (available on this page) and the soon-to-be-released After The Fall, made by ME~!

As for the up-to-date real world data, yeah, T-Zone is pretty average. It has a lot of fans for the simple fact that is has pretty much every wrestler in the world, but in terms of working with the game itself, 1RC is much better. The 3-Way brand split pretty much dooms the WWE in any game, though.

It's not meant to be a knock. We all have those silly angles and champions at one point or other.

I had a 11 month WWE title reign for Mordecai who also had a stable called the Wrath of God which included a zombified Cena as his disciple.

Yep.

It seems like for me, each successive game has hurt my fandom of the series. I played TEW 2k4 like MAD, I'm talking two/three games that hit six plus years each...2k5...Not so much. Something about it turned me off, and I've never figured out what. Then 2k7 came out, and initially, I did not like it...then I played the demo enough toconvince myself to buy it...annnd...

I barely touched it.

Something in the transition from 2k4 to 2k5 lost me, but I've never decided what it was. I think what seals the deal with 2k7 for me, is the load times. They were supposed to be super fast in comparison to 2k5 and 2k4, which is exactly what they said about 2k5 to 2k4...but I then too thought the load times were the same or worse. With 2k7, load times take me FOREVER. Like three to five minutes per turn. I'm using the same exact PC with upgrades from 2k4, but it's just as bad, if not worse. It seems like any progress on making things fast was just inversely effected by the addition of all the NEW stuff that slows it back down again.

I've wanted to get into 2k7 to justify the whole buying it thing...but those load times kill me every time. I got a 2.4 ghz, 768 ram, PC with one of the best PCI Video cards possible...While it's not a great PC, if I can friggin play Halo on max settings, I should be able to have shorter then five minute load times.

My current NWA TNA game on EWR

World Champ: CM Punk (just turned heel on Cabana)

Jr Heavyweight Champ: Mikey Whipwreck (turned heel on Tajiri and cost them the tag titles)

Tag Champs: The Midwest Express, Jimmy Jacobs and Matt Sydal (faces, 10 months and counting)

I just turned all of Punk's "Straight Egde Society" stable heel after they kicked Cabana out and stole the belt

Stables

Straight Edge Society (heel)

-CM Punk

-Alex Shelley

-Jimmy Rave

The Extreme Horsemen (faces)

-Steve Cornio

-Simon Diamond

-Michael Shane

-Brent Albright

My longest reigns so far were

-Chris Daniels with 12 months as world champ (about to get passed)

-CIMA for 8 months as Jr Heavyweight champ (newer title)

-Bryan Danielson & Delirious for 12 months as tag champs

I never keep belts on wrestlers for too long, the longest I can think of on my game was Jay Lethal's 3 month X Divison reign and thats only because I kept forgetting to fued him with people.

I never keep belts on wrestlers for too long, the longest I can think of on my game was Jay Lethal's 3 month X Divison reign and thats only because I kept forgetting to fued him with people.

It's the opposite for me. I just cannot consciously book short reigns. A short reign for me would be 6 months long.