TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VII: Middleweights

I thought they did a good job to hype up the Matt Brown/Jeremy May fight... As much as I'm cheering for Team Rampage, I hope Brown knocks May's head off his shoulders.

Matt Brown is INTENSE~!

Wait I'm confused as I missed the last the episode. But at the beginning of the one on now, they just showed Matt Riddle losing, so why is he still there? Do they keep training or something when they're eliminated?

Wait I'm confused as I missed the last the episode. But at the beginning of the one on now, they just showed Matt Riddle losing, so why is he still there? Do they keep training or something when they're eliminated?

The main reason why they are kept there is because if non-eliminated fighter is injured, there is a fighter ready to go.

Plus it adds a lot of drama and excitment to the show.

The main reason why they are kept there is because if non-eliminated fighter is injured, there is a fighter ready to go.

Plus it adds a lot of drama and excitment to the show.

Yeah, guys who've lost and have nothing to lose anymore end up starting shit with guys who still have a shot at making it. DRAMA

Jesus fuckin' Christ... way to lose double underhooks, neglect the takedown and generally give the victory up for four minutes, Luke.

C.B. Dollaway and Gerald Harris should help Rampage get 2 more victories... I always felt they were the best two on the show.

Dollaway & Harris definitely advance. Schultz' best chance is that he fights Cale, and Yarborough obliges him with a stand-up fight.

Despite his sick KO, I was not very impressed by the "killer" Matt Brown.

The best part of the episode, easily, was Rampage's post-fight recap after the 2nd fight. He was so EXCITED.

It was like a kid running in the house and telling his mom about all the awesome stuff he did that day.

Despite his sick KO, I was not very impressed by the "killer" Matt Brown.

I wasn't really impressed with him, but I thought he fought a very smart fight and allowed Jeremy May to punch himself out. Matt was picking him apart and set his KO up nicely.

He kept his composure the whole fight and didn't allow his emotions get the best of him. I though it was a very well done performance.

All i'm gonna say is, Jeremy May fucking deserved that shit. He deserved getting his damn face kicked in with all those stupid jokes and shit.

"I'm a sandbaggin' sumbitch" Bastard.

Also, Cramer vs. Zachrich was pretty damn boring, I gotta say. I'm stoked Cramer won though, cos he had some pretty damn hard punches.

And Rampage? My new favorite of all time. Funniest motherfucker I've ever heard.

BTW, I'm watching these on iTunes, so forgive me if my comments are behind.

I am just kind of getting tired of these guys coming into the house with the attitude that they are just these total badasses. Most of them are fairly green, and might have potential with the right training beyond the show, but having to sit here and listen to some of them talk as if they are just so much better then the next guy is kind of tiresome. They are on TUF, not a Pride Grand Prix Title Tourny for gawds sake.

Exactly. Almost all of these dude need a reality check and just get the shit kicked out them in the street.

Just to say, my money's on either Matt Brown or Gerald Harris. Matt Brown scares me, and the shit i've seen of Harris, that dude can hiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I really didn't think Matt Brown was all that tough. And all his "I'm ANGRY AND INTENSE" staredowns just made him look like that kid that tries to be tough in school by walking around scowling.

I'm tired of this show, they've run out of decent fighters to put on it and now we get all these faux badasses that wear their hats like tools and talk too much shit. The show needs to be shelved or retooled or something. It's really run its course.

I think most people are taking you up on that statement.

Even so... Dama is coming off very ignorant with his statement, pretty much saying all the fighters this season are scrubs, which isn't the case. Theres about 5 good fighters in the house who should be in the UFC.

The problem isn't the show itself though, it's the talent they are picking... I mean look how stacked season 5 was, the house was flooded with very good fighters who still fight in the UFC today.

The problem with TUF, is that this is what...the...seventh season? Something like that...May be eighth. It's never really changed. Sure, they got rid of challenges, and made it into a tournament, but it's still been the same format since the first one really. People are just tired of it. There's no real POINT to TUF anymore with UFC running so many shows in the last few years, the rise of Elite, and whatever else is out there. It doesn't serve a purpose anymore.

If you are really good, you'll end up in UFC either way. So what's the point of TUF? No one cares about it anymore, and they have done a really poor job over the last few seasons giving fighters defined identities...Only one from the last season that really had a personality was Mac Danzig, and that was because he was the only fighter at his level in the competition. I know jack about anyone in this house, outside of May and Brown. Brown's really angry, May's a douche. That's all I know.

TUF needs the guy who's directing the countdown shows now to do it. Make me *care* about these fighters. You have a weekly one hour block, it shouldn't be that hard. The reason the first TUF worked so well, is because people cared about the fighters. Leben was a dick, but Koscheck and Southworth were BIGGER dicks, so you wanted to see Leben kill them...You also had stuff like Diego out in the rain trying to catch lightning bolts, Forrest being a complete smartass, and so on. If none of the guys in the house right now have a personality conductive to showing them on TV...then they shouldn't *be* on TV.

If we get more "You don't fuck with a man's dip" then this season will be a success. Matt Brown at least gets points for promising to kill May, and then proceeding to do so.

In my opinion they COULD just scrap TUF altogether and instead start holding smaller-scale shows on Spike TV with some of these guys, or even mini-tournaments consisting of the guys that would have been picked for TUF. I mean seriously, the roster is big enough to start having UFC Fight Nights more frequently. I don't want any more PPVs, $45 per month is plenty for me to spend.

Of course, what people also need to realize is that TUF, IMO, is just as much about being a vehicle to advertise for the coaches fighting each other as it is to "showcase young up & comers" so if it helps the buy rates of those PPVs then it is probably a success business-wise.

TUF needs the guy who's directing the countdown shows now to do it. Make me *care* about these fighters. You have a weekly one hour block, it shouldn't be that hard. The reason the first TUF worked so well, is because people cared about the fighters. Leben was a dick, but Koscheck and Southworth were BIGGER dicks, so you wanted to see Leben kill them...You also had stuff like Diego out in the rain trying to catch lightning bolts, Forrest being a complete smartass, and so on. If none of the guys in the house right now have a personality conductive to showing them on TV...then they shouldn't *be* on TV.

Not to mention those guys on the first few seasons were pretty good fighters already and for the most part they had decent records. I'm getting tired of seeing 6-5 or 2-4 fighting on this show.

You can be the most god-awful fighter and still have personality.

Andy Wang for example... Even though he was a douchebag, BJ kicking him off the team was the funniest TUF moment.