TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Ted Kennedy has malignant brain tumor

Here.

Damn, poor guy.

For some reason Ted Kennedy's niece's husband insisted its not a tumor on some channel I flipped past last night.

Guest Smues

"I didn't let her drown, it was the brain tumor's fault!"

Well someone had to say it.

Hopefully he can make a recovery from this but according to medical reports it doesn't look good.

Guest Desensitized
"I didn't let her drown, it was the brain tumor's fault!"

Well someone had to say it.

I wonder if America's best and brightest will still elect him to another Senate term or two after he's dead.

Guest Desensitized

Look, I know cancer sucks, but isn't it a mite disingenuous to frame this as ANOTHER HORRIBLE TRAGEDY FOR OUR BELOVED KENNEDYS? He had a good run, and now he's old and he's going to die. His brothers were assassinated, his sister was lobotomized, and Ted killed a woman but parlayed it into a successful career as a Democratic elder statesman. He escaped a tragic Kennedy death; this is just a mundane one. (Or is it a tragedy whenever some New England patrician with an overbite who made his fortune illegally eventually kicks it?)

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Man's in his 70's and lived like Keith Richards. This is hardly tragic.

Furthermore, he's not even dead yet. I'm aware that the prognosis isn't good, but these news outlets should save the eulogizing for when the guy actually dies.

Probably the most important liberal/progressive Senator in American history.

...the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act, Medicare, Medicaid, Head Start, Legal Services, the War on Poverty, environmental legislation, OSHA, bringing down Richard Nixon on the Watergate investigations, ending the Vietnam War, stopping military aid to the Contras in Central America, the Martin Luther King holiday, stopping Robert Bork, the increases in the minimum wage, Family and Medical Leave, National Service, Motor Voter Act, S-CHIP. His fingerprints are on all of that legislation, and more. And even where he failed, on universal health care and labor law reform and stopping the Iraq war and other battles, he fought the good fight with passion and heart and courage...

http://www.openleft.com/showDiary.do;jsess...3E?diaryId=5907

Furthermore, he's not even dead yet. I'm aware that the prognosis isn't good, but these news outlets should save the eulogizing for when the guy actually dies.

Yeah, you can tell the networks are all working on the retrospective video packages already.

Didn't one of the Kennedy's die in a plane crash too? That was in the 90s or so.

JFK Jr.

Teddy walks like a dinosaur because he survived a plane crash with a broken back in the 1960s.

Teddy walks like a dinosaur because he survived a plane crash with a broken back in the 1960s.

God's been unsuccessfully trying to kill Ted for years.