TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Cutting up music files.

So, I've been messing around with Windows Movie Maker today, and I've figured how to cut up video files for custom-made "movies", and I know how to put audio files over them, but I don't know how to cut up said audio files, to only use certain portions of a song/clip in the video. Can anyone help with this?

Guest Vitamin X

Fuck SoundForge. Worthless POS. Audacity is the best thing to use for what you're looking for.

If you were looking for high end audio editing software, I'd go for Adobe Audition. Don't ever bother with what these assholes tell you. Sound Forge is the bane of my existence.

I'll second the Adobe Audition recommendation. Didn't take me long at all to get the hang of using it and now I use it quite a bit.

I downloaded Audacity, and I've run into a couple problems. One, the newly recorded files will only play out of the right speaker. Two, I'm not sure how I did this, but now the program is recording the stuff going on outside my computer, rather than the music files. How do I change this back?

Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Volume Control.

Go to Options, and check the 'recording' box and then click Okay. The Microphone box is probably what's checked, so check Stereo Mix instead. Then close the window, and you should be fine.