TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 16

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Oh, this is delicious, this Packers OT loss. Delicious. Those Packers, though. Classy team.

Guest Czecherbear

He's a cocky douchebag. Fuck him. Rescind your superlatives for this one: if they're going to fine players for "excessive celebration" on touchdown receptions, then fining WELKAH for hitting the ground to make a snow angel is perfectly reasonable within their scope. He didn't even score on that play and he still showboated. I'll allow celebrations on points, but that was out of line. Unless you meant "this is one of the dumbest things a player could do knowing full well that fines would be levied," in which case yes, you're right.

He's a cocky douchebag. Fuck him. Rescind your superlatives for this one: if they're going to fine players for "excessive celebration" on touchdown receptions, then fining WELKAH for hitting the ground to make a snow angel is perfectly reasonable within their scope. Unless you meant "this is one of the dumbest things a player could do knowing full well that fines would be levied," in which case yes, you're right.

Can't say I'm a fan of him (or the Pats for that matter), but when you look at it for what it was, it seems kind of insane to fine a guy $10,000 for making a goddamn snow angel.

Anyways, its not like he'll miss the money anyway.

Guest Czecherbear

I did look at it for what it was: he broke off a big return, and then he celebrated by getting on the ground and making a snow angel, a callback to America's beloved 2001 Patriots who heartwarmingly made snow angels when they beat the Raiders on a botched call. It was premeditated, it was relevant, and it didn't follow a score, so of all the things that could be considered excessive celebration, this is actually more excessive than most. I wish someone would've kicked him straight in the balls while he was mid-angel.

Guest Czecherbear

I must've confused it with another Wes Welker play, then. My mistake. It's still an excessive celebration. There's not reallythat sort of permissible spontaneity to it, like there would be for a fist-pump or something. Guy got on the ground and started flapping his limbs like a child. DURR FLUH NO FUN LEAGUE BLARGH how about No Dicksmacks League for a change

He went to the ground, doesn't matter what he does when he's there.

Which makes me wonder, would they have fined him for the snow angel if he dived into the end zone and rolled/crawled to the snow angel location?

Since it technically happened in Week 16:

Remember kids, Snow Angels are evil in the NFL.

Of all the things I've seen people get fined for, this has to rank up there as one of the dumbest I've seen.

Shaun Ellis got fined the same amount for throwing a big chunk of snow into the crowd in Seattle. Obviously hurling a large mass of frozen water into the stands is just as bad as a snow angel.

I really don't get these "excessive celebration" things in the first place; in most stadiums fireworks go off after a TD and some sort of rock song blares through the PA, how is a guy taking 5-10 seconds to flex his muscles or something excessive?

Shouldn't players who take a knee to pray after a touchdown get a fine too?

I hope this pisses of the religious folks and Goodell is forced to show some common sense and relax the rule.

Shouldn't players who take a knee to pray after a touchdown get a fine too?

I hope this pisses of the religious folks and Goodell is forced to show some common sense and relax the rule.

Apparently prayer is acceptable, but nothing else. ESPNEWS, when will it stop educating me/looping the same half-hour show?