TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

You can't See Me.

Guest Anglesault

What is up with Cena's whole "wave his hand in front of his face, make stupid facial expression, say You can't see me" bit?

What does it mean? Why is it being done? The person he says it to is always RIGHT THERE and can CLEARLY see him.

Does this waving his hand bit make him invisible? To everyone but me? Is it "thug language that means something that isn't even close to the actual phrase in meaning? (i.e. "word Life" "phat")

Am I just not "down" with the lingo?

What is up with Cena's whole "wave his hand in front of his face, make stupid facial expression, say You can't see me" bit?

What does it mean? Why is it being done? The person he says it to is always RIGHT THERE and can CLEARLY see him.

Does this waving his hand bit make him invisible? To everyone but me? Is it "thug language that means something that isn't even close to the actual phrase in meaning? (i.e. "word Life" "phat")

Like said in the Smackdown thread, you're looking too much into it.

It's like how you couldn't smell anything with "If You Smell what the Rock is Cooking"

Guest Anglesault
couldn't smell anything with "If You Smell what the Rock is Cooking"

Oddly enough, I always knew what that phrase meant.

What the....it's a saying!!! It means you can't see the real me because you're too busy judging me.

So, according to Cena, at the "P-P-V, Taker beat Vince blind because Vince was to busy judging John Cena to see the real Cena?"

Eh, why the hell not.

Guest Anglesault
Geez!!! You actually started a thread over this??

Actually, I just wanted to see how man different interpretations on this I get. The reason for this will be revealed later.

Two totally different answers so far.

couldn't smell anything with "If You Smell what the Rock is Cooking"

Oddly enough, I always knew what that phrase meant.

What the....it's a saying!!! It means you can't see the real me because you're too busy judging me.

So, according to Cena, at the "P-P-V, Taker beat Vince blind because Vince was to busy judging John Cena to see the real Cena?"

Eh, why the hell not.

No in this case he was making a play on words and saying that Vince was beat blind...therefore he can't see him. It has a double meaning so he just used it as a figure of speech this time.

In other words it makes since because in Cena's rap Vince has been beaten blind...so in this case he really can't see him, but that's not what it always means.

Geez!!!  You actually started a thread over this??

Actually, I just wanted to see how man different interpretations on this I get. The reason for this will be revealed later.

Two totally different answers so far.

When he says that the meaning is that whoever he's saying it too isn't on the same level as him.

This is the correct one.

Guest Anglesault
In other words it makes since because in Cena's rap Vince has been beaten blind...so in this case he really can't see him, but that's not what it always means.

Well, actually he really could see him, as evidenced by him, you know looking at the man.

Of course, maybe there's some deep philosophical meaning or whatever your trying to imply.

Well, actually he really could see him, as evidenced by him, you know looking at the man.

Of course, maybe there's some deep philosophical meaning or whatever your trying to imply.

It was just a rap...it wasn't supposed to be taken literally. It's like Rock claiming he's gonna stuff a title belt up someone's ass. Cena just claimed Vince got beat so bad he can't see straight.

Guest Anglesault
Maybe it's like the Warrior in the mirror thing....

That makes more sense than some things I've heard.

It was just a rap...it wasn't supposed to be taken literally. It's like Rock claiming he's gonna stuff a title belt up someone's ass. Cena just claimed Vince got beat so bad he can't see straight.

And this has what exactly to do with judging a book by it's cover or whatever the message is?

Guest Anglesault
thats alright because I think his promos are, ooo.................kaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Don't get me started on that.

The wording makes sense, but the pronunciation baffles me.

Guest JacK

Even *I* understood it meant he was on a different level and superior to them, especially so after it was explained to me.

And this has what exactly to do with judging a book by it's cover or whatever the message is?

It didn't this time and it doesn't have to everytime. It was a good promo and everyone but you gets why he said it!! You're trying to read too much into it!!!

Like said in the Smackdown thread, you're looking too much into it.

It's like how you couldn't smell anything with "If You Smell what the Rock is Cooking"

Yeah seriously what are we smelling?

Guest Anglesault

It didn't this time and it doesn't have to everytime.

So it has no real concret meaning.

Can he raise a flag to acknowlege when he's saying to say whatever it's supposed to mean as opposed to when he's saying it to make a rhyme?

This was part of SOH's problem. He had a good catchphrase that he tried to work in at times when it didn't fit.

Can he raise a flag to acknowlege when he's saying to say whatever it's supposed to mean as opposed to when he's saying it to make a rhyme?

This was part of SOH's problem. He had a good catchphrase that he tried to work in at times when it didn't fit.

No it's called "context"

He said Vince was beat blind and the reason he knows that is because "you can't see me" he was taking a phrase that he usually uses to mean they're not on his level and made a play on a phrase.

tell me about it he would say things like:

"I just had a secret meeting with Spanky.....but, im not telling you anything you dont already know"

"I just had a secret meeting with Spanky.....but, im not telling you anything you dont already know"

Heh...is that an actual quote because that sounds unintentionally funny.

Guest Anglesault

Wasn't the quote "Go streak. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know."

Heh...is that an actual quote because that sounds unintentionally funny.

Nah, i made it up, but just to prove how little sense he would make when incorporating his trademark line.

"You can't see me" = You aren't in his league. You aren't in his level. You're so far down his league that you can't see him! BOO YAH!