TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Superstar of the Month!

HOW THE MONTHLY RANKINGS WORK: Points are tallied based on CARDS BOOKED IN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY. Yes, this is an excuse for Clusterfuck to be stricken from this months' rankings and for me to cover for it being a week into March. I say that's good enough.

I've switched to Pete's system, or something at least vaguely close to it, and having tallied everything up I have to say it works better. It goes like this: 2 points is awarded in a singles match, plus one additional point for any more people involved in a given match. Because, theoretically, you're earning a point for writing one match, and then another point for each other match defeated. Another single point is awarded if the match has some kind of stipulation beyond a basic singles match, or if you defend any title. Winning a title earns points like so... the USJL, HCG, Tag and CW are all worth a single point, the ICTV is worth three points and the world title is worth four. Got it? Alright. Pretty simple. Let's get to the rankings, done with kayfabe summaries on the top three writers...

Superstar of the Month

HOT SHOT DEBUT

1. Toxxic - 11pts, 4-1

The rookie Toxxic makes a surprising, but well earned, debut on the rankings in the pole position for the month of February. The advantage of being the only wrestler booked on every card and a short distance between PPVs was taken, although it was a very slim margin between first and second place. Toxxic's straight edge character has been a hit with young fans of the federation, and his solid in-ring capabilities have clearly impressed SWF brass enough to give him a strong push as the first 'new recruit' since the closing of the SJL. Some have criticized his presence and mic skills as 'nearly nonexistant', and question giving such a young star a big push out of the gate. However, his recent, brutal match with Aecas at From the Fire may have closed the book on the ring presence argument, at least for now, and shows that the SWF has confidence in his abilities... although a repeat of ranking #1 seems a bit unlikely.

BIGGEST GAINER

2. "Coyote" Coy West - 10pts, 4-2

Yeeehaw! A mere point out of first, another victory would've been enough to nail down the retro redneck's first ever Superstar of the Month ranking. Either way, it would've still gone to a relative newcomer to the SWF. Unlike Toxxic, Coy has demonstrated... less than sterling abilities between the ropes, and his steady assention of the card has not been met without skepticism. However, West's natural charisma has quickly made him a crowd favourite, as fans have opened their hearts to the redneck within. As with Toxxic, Coy appears to be a case of the SWF's bookers pushing talent the fans are reacting to, rather than pushing their own agenda.

3. Sacred - 10pts, 3-2

A former world champion, and still the only man to hold every title in SWF history, it was believed until recently that The Sacred One, Andrew Blackwell, had fallen from grace. Or at least from the booking team's favour. However, the last two months have seen a rebuilding of Sacred's credibility, as he took the newly created USJL strap for an impressive, enduring reign, defending the title in almost all of his matches for the month. However, Sacred is still considered one of the best 'pure' talents in the SWF, and it's been argued that he's the most underrated and underappreciated wrestler in the history of the federation, despite a hall of fame election, and that the USJL is 'far below' him. Also disappointing is the lack of display of Blackwell's phenomenal promoing capabilities in any recent program. However, having dropped the USJL title, it is believed the SWF powers intend to send Sacred up. Way up.

THE REST OF THE BEST

4(TIE). Aecas - 9pts, 3-0

4(TIE). Wildchild - 9pts, 3-1

6. Charlie "Grappler" Matthews - 8pts, 3-2

7. Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix - 7pts, 3-2

8. John Duran - 7pts, 2-2-1

9. Alan Clark - 5pts, 3-2

10. Dace Night - 5pts, 2-1

And thassal, folks. I'll be back in a month with another update.

-Z

Edited by realitycheck

I like these.

Da "I'm glad you have tons of time on your hands" H

PS - Now, with all these "extras" we have going around...we really need that website!

Ah, I just remembered something I wanted to add to this, to make it a little more special. From now on, unless the Superstar of the Month happens to be the world champion, they will be allotted one title shot of their choice, in a stipulation of their choice. This does include the world title, yes, although if Toxxic wants that... well, it's his funeral. ;)

And why can the world champion not get in on these benefits, you ask? Well, they've already kicked everyone's ass, gotten to the top of the heap, and probably dictated about a dozen other matches I've needed to book on the way there. So they can get fucked.

-Z

So hang on a minute. You're saying that if I want, I can have a go at ANYONE's title, in WHATEVER stipulation I choose?

Whoah. How long do I have to make up my mind?

Yeah, I figured it's a fair reward for having the best record in a given month. I don't see how an extra title defense is going to throw a wrench into anyone's plans, anyway.

I'll give you til' the 12th to PM me, so I can give whoever fair warning. Note that if Thugg or I get a booking request before then involving said person, it takes priority over yours simply due to the 'first come, first serve' clause. S'alright? S'okay.

-Z

Guest Goodear

Unlike Toxxic, Coy has demonstrated... less than sterling abilities between the ropes, and his steady assention of the card has not been met without skepticism.

Pfffle, less than stellar 4-matches-winning USJL Champion! Its not Coy's fault he whoops so much ass despite 'sucking'. I'll unload spinning toeholds on EVERYBODY!

Yeah, I figured it's a fair reward for having the best record in a given month. I don't see how an extra title defense is going to throw a wrench into anyone's plans, anyway.

Yeah, but if this is done on February I've got this exalted status by simply showing up against four no-shows (I think). I beat NOBODY to get this.

Besides, I've already got a title, and I want to give Aecas his rematch. So I've got til the 12th - do I have to take the shot on the next show booked? Or can it wait for a week or two, or what?

Ahh, maybe I won't bother. If I actually won, I'd be the most over-pushed rookie ever. And if I didn't, it'd be kind of pointless.

I'll keep you posted. Or PM'd, as the case may be.

You know...I'll let Z confirm or reject this, but it seems to me that it be best to say that you have to take the title shot in the first two or three shows after the PPV...just so we don't have people demanding world title shots on the show right before the next PPV.

Da "just throwing it out there" H

Well, that makes sense at least. I'll take it as that anyway.

I won JL Superstar of the Month in July last year for going up against like 5 or 6 no-shows (i was on every show). It's a reward for showing and man you've gotten better in leaps and bounds over the past few weeks.