TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

OAO 2004 MLB Games Thread

Figured we need a damn thread to discuss ongoing games. This way though, people can still post news threads as they please.

Anyways, Sox have been rather disappointing so far although Pedro still has 5 K's in 6 IP. Ponson was surprisingly effective while he pitched though which is probably good in the eyes of Orioles fans.

Looking more and more that the Orioles may win this one as we now enter the 8th inning. Orioles currently up 3-1 and the Sox boys have just been doing nothing despite Mueller being 2-3 and Manny 2-4.

Guest Choken One

Maybe it's because Im from here but am I the only one who feels that CINCINNATI should still be the first Opening Game like it used to be?

Maybe it's the inner traditionalist in me.

Maybe it's because Im from here but am I the only one who feels that CINCINNATI should still be the first Opening Game like it used to be?

The Reds get the first Opening DAY game on US soil..thats not good enough?

Guest Choken One

heh...both the GOD teams job in the first game...

what a fucking omen.

Guest OctoberBlood

The Reds get the first Opening DAY game on US soil..thats not good enough?

No. But it's been this way for a few years, so most of us are over it.

Anyways, great game. O's kicking ass = Me happy. Keep it up.

Guest FrigidSoul

Pedro sucks on Opening Day, which is why I wanted Schilling out there. Not to mention its much easier to blow 96mph Fastballs past hitters on a 35 degree night than it is to locate a curveball.

Pedro should have pitched tommorow at 2pm when it would be warmer.

As far as Nomar not playing whoopity shit. He's going to be a whining crying distraction all season and I hope to see his oft injured ass playing in L.A. next season, give me Renteria instead.

Guest OctoberBlood

BTW, were they chanting ...

HEY! YOU SUCK!

I've been hearing that all night. Sounded like WWE material. :P

Guest FrigidSoul

I'd also like to know why the Orioles fans are chanting "Nah, nah, nah...nah, nah, nah...hey, hey, hey...Good-bye". Did somebody forget to tell them that the idea for a Season of 1 game got rejected?

I'd also like to know why the Orioles fans are chanting "Nah, nah, nah...nah, nah, nah...hey, hey, hey...Good-bye". Did somebody forget to tell them that the idea for a Season of 1 game got rejected?

Or how about the game isn't over til its over?

Mike DeJean sucks.

Guest FrigidSoul

That's at least the 4th straight year the Red Sox have lost on opening day. With the way Petey pitched in 2000 I'm guessing that they won on opening day of that year.

That's at least the 4th straight year the Red Sox have lost on opening day. With the way Petey pitched in 2000 I'm guessing that they won on opening day of that year.

I do believe thats the Orioles 4th straight opening day win.

I don't know why they started Pedro, since he had a terrible spring. I know that "spring training doesn't count...LOL" but Schilling had a better spring, and had been pitching better lately, plus the weather would have suited him better, PLUS BoSox fans like myself have been waiting all of the offseason to see him in a Red Sox uni.

Guest Mosaicv2

yeah, but just watch the Sox beat the shit out of them in the next game... just like the Yanks did to the Rays

yeah, but just watch the Sox beat the shit out of them in the next game... just like the Yanks did to the Rays

I expect them to, but a loss is a loss. And if the top of the rotation for Boston is struggling it looks good when Toronto plays them this weekend. Toronto is a much better team than Baltimore.

Guest OSIcon
I expect them to, but a loss is a loss. And if the top of the rotation for Boston is struggling it looks good when Toronto plays them this weekend. Toronto is a much better team than Baltimore.

Eh....I wouldn't say "much better." I think the O's lineup compares favorably to the Blue Jay's. Toronto has a better and more experience rotation. You could make the case that they are the better team on paper (I would agree), but I think saying that the Blue Jays are much better and that the O's will get crushed on Tuesday is pushing it. Both things could turn out to be true, but I think they are far from being a foregone conclusion.

I think some people under estimate how strong the O's lineup is. It is not just Palmeiro, Lopez, Tejada and then nobody else. Jay Gibbons has shown steady improvement his first three years in the league with a 100 RBI/20+ homerun season last year. Larry Bigbie had a great second half of the season and some analysts are picking him to have a breakout season. Melvin Mora batted over .300 last year and was an All-Star. Brian Roberts and Luis Matos aren't too shabby either.

Obviously, the question mark is their pitching staff. It's not as if they have a really weak pitching staff (though is certainly is on the weak side). Rather, the more important thing is that they have a real inexperienced/unproven rotation. You can't exactly write off a pitching staff based on the fact that most of the pitchers are unknown and unproven (see the Marlins from last year).

The Orioles could very well end up in fourth place in the AL East again but I think it is far from a foregone conclusion like some people make it out to be.

I don't know why they started Pedro, since he had a terrible spring. I know that "spring training doesn't count...LOL" but Schilling had a better spring, and had been pitching better lately, plus the weather would have suited him better, PLUS BoSox fans like myself have been waiting all of the offseason to see him in a Red Sox uni.

Yeah, same here.

Teams that should always have their first game at home:

NL:

Cincinnati

Chicago Cubs

Pittsburgh

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

Philadelphia

NY Mets

AL:

NY Yankees

Boston

Detroit

Kansas City

Baltimore

Cleveland

Oakland

Guest Choken One

why should NYM get first game at home rights?

I propose that if Im the new commish of Baseball..No More REGULAR season games in Japan and that the season starts at 12:15 in Cincy the first Monday of April. THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

No Games in Japan and No Sunday Night Openers....