TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. S£im Citrus

Promo: Parting is such sweet sorrow, Part One

Somewhere in Florida.

There is a party every night amongst the rich and the famous, and those who wish they were. In one such party, a man not seen in several weeks mingles with the other guests, having been invited by his lovely date for the evening, Victoria Lake… not that it mattered anyway. What she brought to the table was… well, what was below the table...

The Agent, dressed all in black, was in the middle of hearing other men in the circle tell of their brave exploits. Not wanting to look inferior to the Secret Agent Wrestling Superstar in their midst…

“So then this bear comes out, and everyone’s panicking—running all over the place, and I looked that bear dead in the eyes-”

“That’s so brave, Fredrick!” one of the females said. “You fought a bear on top of Pleasure Mountain? I didn’t know you could go camping up there.”

“Yeah, well,” said Johnny, “finish your story Fred, I’m going to go get a drink real quick.”

Johnny sighed a breath of relief as we strolled off towards the bar. “Geez,” he thought, “I never thought I’d get out of that conversation!”

“What can I get for you, Agent Dangerous?” said the Bartender, smiling proudly for recognizing the SWF star as he walked up to the counter.

“I’ll take a martini,” Johnny said. He leaned his elbow against the bar and glanced back towards the numerous partygoers.

“Let me guess,” the Bartender says as he begins concocting the drink before looking up at Johnny with a smirk and continuing. “You want it shaken… not stirred.”

A joke the Barracuda has heard numerous times before, and while funny the first few times, it had now become rather annoying. “Ha… ” Johnny replied, shaking his head, “and here I thought I heard them all by now.”

He grabbed his drink and begun to make his way back to the party while making a mental note never to hire that bartender for any more parties.

“Johnny?” a grisly male voice called from behind the Barracuda, startling him in mid-sip of his martini. Dangerous cautiously glanced over his shoulder, only to get an eye full of a man he’d thought he’d seen the last of. They called him…

Sam “The Butcher”

Standing at six foot five and two hundred-ninety pounds of muscle, Sam was certainly not a face you’d want to cross in a dark alley. In fact, meeting him in broad daylight in the middle of an open field wasn’t too high on the list of wishes for the Barracuda either. He’d crossed Sam on more than one occasion as a secret service agent, and on the last meeting Johnny ended it with an ice pick to the Butcher’s eye.

“Johnny Dangerous—I’ve waited a very long time for our paths too cross again!” he growled, rolling up his sleeve as he crept towards the Barracuda, who could just watch wide eyed in…well bewilderment. “I’ve got a glass eye now thanks to you, and you cost me 50 bucks with your sorry excuse for a Genesis Five showing, you sorry sack of--”

SPLASH!

“OOF!”

Quick as lightning, Johnny slung the remaining martini onto Sam, startling the Butcher just long enough to send a spinning heel kick into the side of his foe’s jaw--

CRACK!

“OH MY GOSH, THERE’S A FIGHT, RUN! EEEEEK!”

--and kicking the Butcher so hard that he went flying back and crashing into the buffet table! It split at its seams when Sam fell onto it, bringing all the various food dishes down on top of the notorious Butcher. Once again his plot would be foiled, only this time…

“SAM!?” the kitchen manager shouted from the swinging door to the kitchen. “SAM!? What the hell are you doing startling the guests!? Get back in here…NOW!”

“But, Boss,” begged Sam, standing to his feet and covered in pasta.

“I SAID NOW!”

Begrudgingly, the Butcher obliged, but not before calling a final warning to his wish it were arch nemesis. “Well meet again, Johnny, and when we do… there’ll be HELL to pay!”

Johnny watched carefully—martial arts stance posed—as the Butcher growled and muttered the entire way back into the kitchen.

“Sam the Butcher is a caterer now?” he thought, rather perplexed at the notion. It seemed rather strange that a former Henchman of the Belgium Liberation Team would make such an unexpected career move. Indeed, this required further investigation…

“So much for a vacation,” Johnny muttered as he began creeping towards the kitchen door. He could here shouting and the banging of pots coming from inside the kitchen. The first thought that came to his mind was that Sam was throwing a tantrum, and killing off all the caterers one by sweet merciful one. No doubt that he’d be using his favorite assassination weapon of choice—a dry spaghetti noodle through the throat—on his coworkers. Slowly, Johnny pushed open the door just enough to peer inside, but nothing could be seen and so he decided to go all the way in!

“FREEZE!” shouted Johnny, only to find the kitchen barren of all workers… except for one man sitting at a table in the middle of the kitchen. Frank Thornton, director of the CIA.

“Hello, Agent Dangerous,” greeted Frank, motioning Johnny to come in. “Why don’t you have a seat.”

“Great,” muttered Johnny, cursing himself for making an investigation into the matter. He could have just left the party and went home, but now he’d have to wade through an attempt by the CIA to get him to come back to the agency.

“Sorry to use Sam on you,” said Frank, smirking, “but I needed some way to get you to come meet with me. You haven’t returned any of our calls, so since Frank was out of work with the BLT I hired him to draw you in. Here, have a drink.” he said, sliding a beer in front of the Barracuda.

“Well, I’m on vacation,” replied Johnny. “Taking a break from work you know.”

“Had a rough time in the SWF, did you?”

“Just get to the point, Frank.”

“You know, Agent Dangerous,” he begun, and already he could tell that the Barracuda was growing uneasy, as well as he should. Frank visiting one of his agents always meant an assignment wasn’t far away. He knew it, and Johnny knew it… he showed it. “It’s been nearly a year since the unfortunate events that occurred in the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation occurred-”

“Unfortunate…” Johnny repeated, half smirking and half wondering if Frank was serious. “What happened in the SWF was far from that. In fact I’d call it a case of total bullshit—what you put me through… Hell, what you all put Nic through-”

“Look, Agent Dangerous, I’m not here to re-spin what happened with that. However, It’s been a year since it happened, and a year since you were granted a leave of absence from the CIA, to end at your discretion-”

“That’s right, Frank, I can take as long of a vacation from the agency as I want. One year… five, ten, it’s totally up to me, thanks… well…thanks to your predecessor who screwed quite a few people to fill her pocketbook.” Johnny took a sip of his drink, not wanting to let any emotions rule his thoughts.

“Well,” Frank, taking the moment of Johnny’s mouth not running stood from his seat. “I’m not going to let this turn into a debate, Agent Dangerous, I just wanted to make sure everything is well with you. Your one of my best Secret Agents, and I’m going to need you pretty soon. I’m just giving you a heads up,” said Frank.

He quickly turned to make his exit, but stopped as he neared the doorway. “Oh,” he called back to Johnny, reaching inside his coat pocket. “A letter came for you… I think you might want to take a look.” He finished off, tossing the envelope onto the table before spinning on his heel and exiting out the back door.

“Lousy son of a…” Johnny muttered as he furrowed his brow. Finally, he looked down at the envelope, and it immediately got his attention when the stamp was marked with “Bahamas”.

“About time that crazy kid got in touch with me.” Johnny excitedly tore into the envelope and begun to read the letter it contained, with a wide grin. However, that grin soon faded and his eyes widened while reading through the entirety of the letter, and his hands began to tremble. Slowly he lowered the letter from his face.

“Oh, my God,” he said in disbelief. For a moment all he could do was just stare blankly off into space while taking a few slow breaths. “No,” he muttered. Johnny balled up his fist and quickly jumped from his seat and reached into his coat pocket for his cell phone, and frantically dialed the numbers.

“Hello? Sadie, this is Agent Dangerous, I’d like you to get me on the first flight to the Bahamas…”

“… It’s an emergency.”

END PART ONE

“Sorry to use Sam on you,” said Frank, smirking, “but I needed some way to get you to come meet with me. You haven’t returned any of our calls, so since Frank was out of work with the BLT I hired him to draw you in. Here, have a drink.” he said, sliding a beer in front of the Barracuda

Is it Sam or Frank? Oh, and he works for a sandwich? That includes BACON! ?

Not that I've tried it, but I really doubt that a dry noodle could kill someone/pierce his/her throat. Maybe it's magic, plus six spaghetti.