TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wwF1587

The One And Only WWE Unforgiven Thread

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

wait...didnt they build Brock as a monster heel..and UT as a monster face so he could job to the monster heel Brock? Am I missing somethinhere?

Somebody must have pulled a temper tanrum before the match

Guest RedJed
This PPV right here is why I think WWE Should go back to having just the Big Five PPVs.

That way, you have more time to build feuds and more time to build GOOD events, insted of having this half-assed job of a PPV.

Anyone else agree?

The way it is now, the buildups would just drag with the weak booking on one side with Raw. All the buildup in the world wouldn't matter either until they get the egos in check, whether it be Steph, HHH, Taker, whatever.

When the WWF was really interesting to watch around 2000, pretty much every ppv was really good IMO so going back to 5 ppvs a year isn't neccessary. They just need better booking, its that simple.

Just give Heyman control of the entire book already, this is sad.

Guest DeputyHawk
This PPV right here is why I think WWE Should go back to having just the Big Five PPVs.

That way, you have more time to build feuds and more time to build GOOD events, insted of having this half-assed job of a PPV.

Anyone else agree?

very much so. monthly ppv's give no build, co pay-off, and no excitement. unfortunately cutting back to five ppv's a year means cutting back on the amount of tv time though, and that can't happen due to contractual obligations. they have way too much going on to care about though, which results in half-assed throwaway shows they expect the fans to shell out money for. nah.

Guest kane3212321

LLLAAAAMMMEEE, that's all I have to say about this Pay Per View, can anyone go over cleanly anymore in the main event?

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Anyone else agree?

Agreed.

This had 1995-1998 In Your House type hype. That is why I was not suprised at this ppv's outcome.

They should just go back to having In Your Houses and have them be the setup for the Big 5 therefore, the ppvs could be the lead-in for something better.

Guest geniusMoment

I didn't even order the ppv and it pisses me off just reading the results. I just called my friend who's at a ppv party on the UC campus he said after the Steph crap everyone just went out to the lake to get wasted, way to keep your viewers vince.

Guest Steve J. Rogers

You have got to be shitting me.

Trips isn't the ultimate career killer in the WWF, its all TAKER!

First DDP & Kaynon, then Kronic and now Brock?

At least the Flair turn didn't make RVD weak

At least HHH SELLS for his opponent

At least HHH isn't treated like the Ultimate Badass by the announcers, someone who can beat anyone at anytime (well thats not true, I mean JR acted like Taker was afraid of Jeff Hardy and the ladder match when he stopped his promo with Terri)

And the sad thing is, we won't get a resoultion on TV untill Thursday

Not right, like I said before, Vince, ya got three minutes... Hell Taker should get the three minute treatment

Guest Angle-plex
Hell Taker should get the three minute treatment

I really don't want to see Rosie and Jamal get their asses kicked by an old man.

Guest LaParkaMarka

I don't think Heyman could fix things at all. I mean, as a Booker for one show he's doing fine, but they should differentiate SD and Raw. It's the point of the split. They just need someone who actually has a brain to run Raw, and someone who will actually stop the crap from spewing out as the boss. Vinnie Mac is not doing his job at all...first the bait/switch with the HLA, then a no-finish? Are they trying to drive their fans away or what?

Guest Incandenza

It's too soon to say that Taker completely killed off Brock's heat, but shit like this doesn't help in the long run.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I warned everyone...

Taker has to be kept away from newcomers...

and HHH has to be kept away from anyone who is a threat to his spot.

But do people listen...or do they just call me too cynical?

Well...optomists,

I hope it tastes good.

Guest AndrewTS
TEN DOLLARS US?!

Geez...I guess you get a better deal than us. :P

Whenever ECW had PPVs, I ordered them often.  They were 20 bucks US, and they didn't happen often.  If WWE PPVs were even as frequent as 6 a year (every other month) and were 30 or so I'd be fine.

But $35?  Nuh uh...

I agree, every other month would be better, since they'd have more time to set up matches and stoylines, and I and others would be more inclined to order. But Mcmahon is too greedy for that.

He has to give a little to get a little. Here's some math for the senile dipshit:

1x 35 dollar PPV every two months is greater than 0 x 2 x $35.

Oh well... *yawn*

Guest Repo Man jr

I can't beliieve how bad the last hour was. It was like the worst episode of RAW ever or something. How did they ever decide it would be a good idea??? THEY R FOOLS!!!

Guest Raven_Effect01

Lame PPV tonight, though with the way it was built-up, it wasn't that surprising. The only matches I liked were Guerrero vs. Edge, Benoit vs. Angle, and RVD vs. Cripple H(surprisingly, HHH didn't beat RVD cleanly and in a squash, he had Flair's help to do it). I say give Heyman and Johnny Ace(wherever he is, WWE might want to hire him) the book.

Guest Human Fly

When I don't get a ppv there is usually some reason I am dissapointed I missed it. However this is not one of those times. Benoit v. Angle sounded really good, but not worth $35 especially considering I can get it on-line in a day or two.

DQ ending to ME which makes no sense considering in the past few months Brock has gone over (Clean) RVD, Hogan, Rock, Flair, Booker T etc, etc. Do they really need to protect Undertaker's heat anymore?

Bait and switch in the main angle of the night, not surprising.

Honestly what are the Bookers thinking? How can they sit around after they come up with this crap and think "this is a good show". Honestly.

WWE has no real major competition right now, but if they keep putting out crap like this they will.

Guest Y2BigJ

Fuck Taker, Fuck HHH. That isd all to be said. Trust me things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Guest geniusMoment

There has to be someone rich on this board who wants to start a promotion. Please someone I need my wrestling fix and Vince's crap is killing me. God I pray some network decides to give wrestling a try

Guest Kinetic

Bullshit. This is exactly what's wrong with this company right now. They build up a monster heel and then, for no reason whatsoever, refuse to put him over the Established Main Eventer. And when business is down, no less. Do you think those fans that got swindled out of an actual fucking finish to the main event are going to pay money to see the WWE next time they're in town? I wouldn't.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Johnny Ace is already employed by the WWE. Came over w/ the WCW guys.

He's been on TV numerous times, also, w/ Fit Finlay & assorted officials when breaking up a brawl.

Guest kane3212321

Star Ratings People

I had Benoit-Angle as match of the night at ****1/2-****3/4

Eddy Edge at ***1/2

Molly Trish at ***

Unamericans **1/2

Flair Jericho *1/4

Island Boyz vs. Billy Chuck *

HHH RVD **3/4

Guest Y2BigJ

Fuck Taker, Fuck HHH. That isd all to be said. Trust me things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Guest Repo Man jr

Atleast Hunter lets RVD pin him twice in the ref bump. Taker dominated Lesner. He pinned him in the ref bump. He still didnt lay down for him. He killed him after a DQ finish! WHY?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

What about Brock Taker?

I must know the rating for two ref bumps and a non finish

Guest Angle-plex

Damn, as much as I hate Goldberg, I REALLY hope an Austin/Goldberg Federation starts up.

Guest kane3212321

Brock Taker, (Damn I've forgotten it already) Prolly 1/2* or DUD for just being a totally lame match

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There is one good thing about all this...

Scott Keith will do the one thing that actually entertains me in his rants...

Rip Taker a new one.

makes me laugh

Guest RedJed
HHH vs. the up and comer RVD...

Taker vs. the WORLD champion and new guy Brock Lesnar...

2 massive EGO's...2 jobs that need to be done.

Who jobs first?

Neither.

Lather rinse repeat

Yup, it's gotten out of hand, and this ppv should be evident of that. I am thinking Taker balked at having to job out to Lesnar and this was the "compromise." And whats even sadder is I would imagine when Sara really does have the kid, he will get time off and won't even agree to doing a job or doing an injury angle to explain his absense. Fuckin Taker......

As for HHH, the way they built up this "feud" made it look like this was RVD's time to prove he's the real deal and get the title clean from HHH. Shit, even if Hunter would have gotten it back the next night, at least it would have told the story and elevated RVD, since HHH dogged him even minutes before the match in that promo in the back. So now what is the aftermath? HHH wins, makes RVD look second rate material, just like HHH exclaimed over and over, and we also got another heel turn by Flair, which makes no sense (have him actually start a winning streak as a face and build him up as a threat again, for gods sakes, its not that hard). So it's now a feud with RVD and Flair, who both have clearly been penciled as midcard talent right now from this.

Man, either I'm really seeing a weird perspective of the company right now or the WWE is losing any sort of perspective themselves.

Anyway.......

This ppv was full of bad booking desicions on numerous levels. The only real positive was a great match with Benoit and Angle. Will it lead to anything? Nope, but it was a hell of a match, reminded me of when WCW ppvs would have a midcard match that just killed but never got mentioned again, nor did anyone benefit from it. But oh well, it still was good. Eddie and Edge was great too, lets hope they keep that feud up.

They pulled Rey-Knoble over deciding to put the womens belt on Trish again in a bad match that she blew more than a few moves. Hey Vince, nobody gives a damn about the women's division anymore, they've dug their own hole.

The HLA crap, ugh. And we got a bad interpromotional match leading to it, further making the concept of Raw v. Smackdown even more unimportant. Looking back, none of it should have been booked, from the match to the ensuing angle afterwards.

Oh yeah, the opening video montage was good too.

Guest DeputyHawk

so, if taker pulled some sort of backstage hissy fit - surely, this wasn't the planned finish, surely - what if anything will be the repercussions from management, the locker room, and the fans?