The One And Only WWE Unforgiven Thread

Guest Marshall
What about Brock Taker?

I must know the rating for two ref bumps and a non finish

And a Matt Hardy run in.

I'd say *1/2

Guest Kingpk

So.

What does everyone think about that great Rams-Bucs matchup tomorrow night?

I know I'm not watching RAW is SHIT.

Guest Jobber of the Week
what if anything will be the repercussions from management, the locker room, and the fans?

Are you kidding? Taker is a locker room leader who always does what's best for the company!

Guest Caliban

I don't know why a lot of you are bitching. Lesnar/Undi is building to a rematch, and so is RVD/HHH by the looks of things. Benoit wins a match. Eddy wins and gets over in the process. Booker gets the pop of the night. It was an excellent PPV, save the finishes in the two main events.

Best wrestling PPV of the year, bar Summerslam.

Star ratings:

8 man tag ***

Jericho vs Flair **

Edge vs Eddy ****

Billy and Chuck vs Rosie and Jamal **

HHH vs RVD ***1/2

Trish vs Molly *1/2

Angle vs Benoit ****1/2

Undi vs Lesnar **3/4

Guest kane3212321

I actually thought Trish and Molly was a good match with non stop action, that submission Molly had Trish in looked painful

Guest geniusMoment

Tomorrow I will be watching Pete back in Riverfront for the first time ever. A Pete Rose bobblehead is the only thing keeping me sane right now

Guest HartFan86

Benoit/Angle was awesome. Better than their WM match. Unforgiven was good, but the shitty finishes had it done for me. A dq in a main event? How fucking gay.

Guest Repo Man jr
so, if taker pulled some sort of backstage hissy fit - surely, this wasn't the planned finish, surely - what if anything will be the repercussions from management, the locker room, and the fans?

Things should get very interesting tomorrow!

Guest Marshall
I don't know why a lot of you are bitching. Lesnar/Undi is building to a rematch, and so is RVD/HHH by the looks of things. Benoit wins a match. Eddy wins and gets over in the process. Booker gets the pop of the night. It was an excellent PPV, save the finishes in the two main events.

Star ratings:

8 man tag ***

Jericho vs Flair **

Edge vs Eddy ****

HHH vs RVD ***1/2

Trish vs Molly *1/2

Angle vs Benoit ****1/2

Undi vs Lesnar **3/4

You're either insane or high!

Guest Slapnuts00

Star ratings:

8 man tag ***

Jericho vs Flair **

Edge vs Eddy ****

HHH vs RVD ***1/2

Trish vs Molly *1/2

Angle vs Benoit ****1/2

Undi vs Lesnar **3/4

We're bitching because it's inexcusable to have a non finish on a Pay Per View main event. They at least could have ended with RVD/HHH if they were going to do this, but they cheated their fans of an ending.

Guest nWoScorpion

Brock/Underaker **3/4 rating!?!? Are you using a ************** system? No One was talking about the match thats how bad it was.

Guest Kinetic

The LA fans were a little more than pissed, from what I could tell. Something has to be done. I'm one of the most passive people here about this sort of thing--shit, I even enjoyed the show up to that point, with the exception of the HLA bait and switch--but this went too far. This was an opportunity for Undertaker to FINALLY put over some new talent and he didn't do it.

Guest Kinetic

The LA fans were a little more than pissed, from what I could tell. Something has to be done. I'm one of the most passive people here about this sort of thing--shit, I even enjoyed the show up to that point, with the exception of the HLA bait and switch--but this went too far. This was an opportunity for Undertaker to FINALLY put over some new talent and he didn't do it.

Guest deadbeater

Caliban, you had You had Molly/Trish at *1/2??

What are you smoking? That's at least 3 stars, only because of the shortness of the good match.

Do you honestly think there will be a RVD/HHH rematch??? I see RVD/Flair and HHH/Bubba for No Mercy.

Hey maybe..........and it's a big maybe. RVD will challenge HHH to a rematch on RAW and win the title?

Guest deadbeater

With Paul Heyman looking over the actrion, they got a double DQ finish??? The WWE pulls off lame match as the main event with monster heat, while a match with no heat at all was one of the best.

Guest RedJed
I don't think Heyman could fix things at all. I mean, as a Booker for one show he's doing fine, but they should differentiate SD and Raw. It's the point of the split. They just need someone who actually has a brain to run Raw, and someone who will actually stop the crap from spewing out as the boss.

I have to disagree, as ECW shown way back when, they could pull great angles and interesting promos too. He could impliment them into Raw. Heyman has enough common sense to realize the shows need to be different, and could just have the right people helping him out in that cause, have guys like Arn and Ace help him with Smackdown, and for Raw......if they could get in someone like Foley to come back to help in booking, it would be great (they offered him the book before he left, but he refused) I think he could at least get it right on placement of the wrestlers in each brand.......put the real workers on Smackdown and the more SE based guys on Raw. From there, no matter who is booking (well maybe except Vince and Steph) it wouldn't be nearly as hard to differentiate the brands than they are trying to.

I know the answer to Raw certainly isnt Russo though. Before he came into TNA I thought so, but it's clear that he can't write anything decent anymore.

Guest BifEverchad

Despite the sloppy, lazy No Contest in the Main Event, I give this PPV a good soild thumbs up. Even though the Main never had a clear cut winner, it was still a helluva match. Much better than I had expected. The Beniot/Angle match was awesome. Those two pulled off the match of the night for sure. Perfect flow, great heat and amazing mat wrestling as always. After another viewing, this match could be seen as a definate MOTY candidate. Eddy and Edge also had a great match with Eddy getting the surprise win. It's good to see that they arent totally wasting their time with Eddy. The Triple H/RVD match was also better than I was expecting, RVD really brought out the strong traits in HHH that we havent seen in awhile and the Flair heel turn is intriguing. Everything else from the Tag match to the 8 man and the Jericho/Flair match, all held its own. I guess since I never really had this PPV built up to be much, I appreciated it that much more.

(HeAT) Rey Misterio beat Chavo Guerrero ***

TheAmericans beat UnAmericans **1/2

Chris Jericho beat Ric Flair **

Eddy Guerrero beat Edge ***

Rosey & Jamal beat Billy&Chuck **

HHH beat RVD ***

Trish Stratus beat Molly Holly *

Chris Beniot beat Kurt Angle ****1/2

Brock Lesnar/Undertaker No Contest ***1/2

Guest Caliban

I liked the show, I'd gladly watch it again for the good wrestling.

RVD didn't win for a reason. There's more money to be made in the chase. But if RVD doesn't get a rematch like Jericho didn't against HHH then I will be bitching too.

Any show that gives me Angle/Benoit and Edge/Eddy gets my thumbs up

Guest Repo Man jr

Totally how I felt. I really enjoyed the PPV up till the HLA shit. It was a good 2 hours and then a load of stupid crap!

I said it earlier the wrestling was great tonight, but the glaringly horrible booking tonight put a huge damper on the ppv.

I honestly don't see a HHH/RVD rematch unless they do it on RAW tomorrow.

Guest nikowwf

It wasnt a bad show. BUT it was a show that left the fans there unsatisfied and unhappy. To me, thats a bad thing.

Maybe tommorrow we find out the direction they are going is coo. But im tired of waiting for Raw to fix everything they fucked up during the PPV.

I remember going to No Way Out in 2000. Every heel pretty much went over. I was annoyed, but in a good heat i cannot wait for my favorites to get revenge way.

This was a why did i spend $35 heat. Thats not good. The PPV was not bad...anyone who sits here and says EVERY MATCH SUCKS blah blah just doesnt like anything and is wasting there time posting to a wrestling message board.

But i can understand why everyone is annoyed. I can think of 3 things off the top of my head, the nonsensical flair turn, the hla segments stupidity and bait and switch, and the main even ending, which all pissed me off in 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Thats a problem.

Niko

Guest Kingpk
I liked the show, I'd gladly watch it again for the good wrestling.

RVD didn't win for a reason. There's more money to be made in the chase. But if RVD doesn't get a rematch like Jericho didn't against HHH then I will be bitching too.

Any show that gives me Angle/Benoit and Edge/Eddy gets my thumbs up

But why throw Flair in there? Just having HHH win by Nefarious Means is good enough. Now Flair is HHH's BUTT buddy.

What pissed me off about the ppv:

A short Jericho/Flair match

A nonsensical Flair heel turn in the middle of a good RVD/HHH match

The HLA bait and switch (I knew a bait and switch would happen, but the atleast could have had a good one......Rikishi in drag???)

and the BS ending to the Main Event.