TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LaParkaMarka

Angel

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Ok, I saw the show I was booing.

And I am sorry.

Even though I don't like how it happened, it still wasn't all that bad...

INVIIIIIISOOOOOTEXTUH!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THE INVISOTEXT DOESNT WORK!... Very well.... DAMN THIS BOARD!

I just really loved the beast. He was so fucking badass. He has to be the most stoic villain in the franchise. I really don't like Cordy as the big bad cause, well, I don't really like Cordy... They better have her do something cool...

Faith Rocked though. Rocked it hard. "It's just like riding a biker" = line of the night. Her fight with the beast was intense... I loved the beast... Fuck... He was like Glory strong... I miss Glory too. Fuck... Couldn't the first be behind the beast? Why Cordy? That so sucks... Fuck...

Guest Pegasus Kid

SPOILERS!

Moving along, I thought the show was really good this week. I'm a big mark for Faith so her bringing the ass stomp was a welcome addition. I LOVE Boreanaz as the bad guy. Angelus is beyond great as a character. Boreanaz really knows how to dick it up with that role. I thought the disposal of The Beast was far too simple but realized early on when it was made clear what the dagger was made out of that it'd prove to be his downfall. All in all a bad ass episode that I really enjoyed. The ending was totally whacked but I'm sure it's just a swerve for an episode or two.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

Shit, Angelus is godly. I mean, dear lord does that man have the good lines or what? He is like the Rock... but a vampire... way too charismatic for his own good...

*panicking* Ok when did this come on? Did this come on LAST Wed. and I missed it? WTF?!! I'm going to be tremendously pissed if I missed Faith's return. Please tell me you get it before Houston gets it. PLEASE TELL ME THAT!!

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I believe Canadians get it a day before Americans...

It's ok, breathe... In through the nose, out through the mouth...

Guest RavishingRickRudo

You gotta record it!

Angelus is classic and Faith is rockin the 1920's lingo...

Guest LaParkaMarka

I liked the episode, actually. I enjoyed Connor and Faith's interaction. "You have a thing for Slayers too? Like father like son".

And yeah, Angelus is like Rock. His line's are just too funny, and Boreanaz plays him perfectly. The look on his face after he stabbed the Beast was hi-larious. "Damn, the sun came up? I thought that was just Angel's retarded fantasy."

And, I definately liked Angelus' reaction to the news that a Slayer was in town. Ah, hope that show's up in Buffy next week.

The Wes/Lilah parts were kinda weak though...I know it provided closure and all, but still. And the ending was just weird. Cordy just grosses me out right now. "Now give momma some sugar." *barf*

Oh, and wasn't Wesley's "Five by five" line beyond lame? Give it up, Wes.

And I still think this has something to do with Buffy's story arc. The First was trying to turn Angel in Amends...now through various machinations Angel has been turned. Maybe The First isn't Angel's Big Bad, but I can't help but think there's a connection. It makes way more sense for The First to want to kill FAITH, as opposed to Cordy.

EDIT: Spike? I'm on complete crack.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I liked Wes' interactions with Lilah. He isn't nearly as dark and brooding as he once was - which sucks.

Faith and Connor's interactions had me markin out a lil bit... I dunno, it just seemed fun. Connor is so low-key, I almost don't hate him for being such a putz for the first dozen eps.

Guest TonyJaymzReloaded

You know,Angels about to come on for all of you but not me. Damn ACC basketball...

btw i told my mom Chordy is bad, and she's still in denial 3 weeks later

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

"Hey, Dawn, it's me. Is your sister home?"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, at least they're acknowledging Charisma Carpenter's horribly obvious pregnancy.

I was disappointed to see the Beast go so soon, but I guess it means we'll be clued into the real controlling force, whatever False Cordy really is. Too bad, though.

Faith reminded me how much I miss her, and how disappointed I am that she got a pilot on Fox. No Faith spin-off for us.

Guest Cavi

Good to see Faith back and all. I will second other's thoughts in that Boreanaz just rules.

Maybe the thing inside of Cordy is the master.

Guest EQ
I was disappointed to see the Beast go so soon, but I guess it means we'll be clued into the real controlling force, whatever False Cordy really is.

How insane would it be if it's "The First"?!

I would mark out like a crazy person.

I was SO HAPPY to see Faith punk out that little fuck Connor. I hate him. I marked the fuck out!

Guest Mole

This episode was awesome, and I was marking out a like a 12 year old boy when Faith came back.

Is Faith just going to be on Angel, or is she going to be on Buffy also?

Guest RavishingRickRudo

The Beast was so fucking cool. They built him up like a motherfucker. He was so low-key and stoic and cool. Fuck, I miss em already. And it's not like his death really *did* anything, he was just a like plot device to turn Angel into Angelus and build up evil Cordy. And even though Angelus is really fun and great, the Beast was such a good big bad. And it's not like Angelus will last very long either - he's only going to last a few more eps. and that's it. The Beast could have lasted until the end of the season, fo sho.

Had they built up the idea that the beast has a master for a few more shows, then evil cordy would have been a bit more well received (by me at least) - they didn't really hype it up much at all.

The only way I can see this being good is if they pull a Holtz. That is, do something with the baby of Cordy and Connor for next season. I'd hate to say it, but this show has very little closure. When Buffy's big bad dies, it's dead. It's feels like an ending. It builds up and it pays off. Angel just builds and builds and builds, and then transitions, and builds and builds and builds. It's great for a while, but we need satisfaction, we need the pay off.

Guest Cavi

She is indeed going to be on Buffy as well. They announced it earlier in the season.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

I can't wait for Faith and Andrew to meet.

Andrew: "Ah Faith, the slayer of the vam-pires."

Faith: "Who the hell is this?"

Buffy: "This is Andrew"

Andrew: "I am Andrew"

Faith: "What are you, gay or something"

Andrew *shocked* : I don't know what you are talking about...

Buffy: Oh Andrew, don't try to hide it...

Guest Max Danger
It makes way more sense for The First to want to kill FAITH

When that woman attacked Faith in prison, they showed a close-up of the officer checking out the knife she had. Kinda looked like one of the Bringer's knives. So, maybe that was just a small little hint to tell people that The First is trying to get at Faith, and to just kinda foreshadow her showing up in Sunnydale.

(Though, I'd really need to re-watch some of the earlier Buffy's from this season to see about the knives, and I would, but I gotta finish up watching Season One of Angel.)

I was hoping to have the Bringers come into the prison at night for Faith and she'd fight her way out and run into Wes, who would have been coming to get her(he would be thinking they'd need her against Angelus). But that was just my fantasy.

Awesome episode regardless. I would also like to share in the love for The Beast. Kind of a sucky ending to him, but whatever. I, too, have great disdain for Cordelia. I have pretty much since Connor came back from the hell dimension. Though, two straight years with a pregnancy is sorta lame(and sick for the Connor/Cordy child). Plus, what was with the making out with The Beast? And if Cordelia was there in the building all along, wouldn't Angelus have smelled her?

*Shrug* Oh well.

Great episode. I marked out like a preschooler on sugar when Eliza made her return.

Now I've only been following Angel for the past ... oh ... few months. I'm convinced that the Beast is / was working for the First. And yet he referred to Cordy as his master. Now I realize that she's touched people - so she's not an incarnation of the First - but something is up. The First can act through Willow when she tries the heavy magic...maybe the same can be said of Cordy when she gets messages from the PTB? What exactly were the circumstances regarding her becoming a divine being? Did she die or something?

Everything's connected. I'm sure Joss is going to tie everything together very nicely between Buffy & Angel over the next few weeks.

Loved the phone conversation with Dawn. "Oh...it's the other one..." with a dissapointed look.

Guest Vyce

I might have missed a couple weeks of shows, so, let me know if I'm on the right track....

[skipping a few lines for Spoiler purposes]

We know Cordelia is evil. So what's the deal? Is she possessed? Or is this not really the real Cordy, and the real Cordy is still up there with the Powers that Be?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Guest LaParkaMarka

It's hard to tell if it's the real Cordy or not. The circumstances surrounding her return were quite fuzzy. I recall that she basically just showed up in the Hotel with amnesia.

Honestly, all Cordy has done this season is ferment discord. Screwing with Angel's feelings, banging Connor, etc. She was extremely suspicious of Electrogirl (Gwen?) for basically no apparent reason too. Though, she had to have been evil by the time Gwen showed up again, since that was the ep that the "inside job" happened and that Manny dude was murdered. All signs point to Cordy for that one.

When was the last time we actually got glimpses of Cordy's visions? The last (false) vision just had her eyes go all white, and her miraculously finding a way to get back Angel's soul. What about before that? The Angelus vision should be discounted, because she could have easily found out about that from her 'flunkie' the Beast. So, anyone able to answer this?

Guest Mole

She is indeed going to be on Buffy as well. They announced it earlier in the season.

When was this?

I am just curious because my friend said that Faith is going to be on Angel till the end.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

When was this?

I am just curious because my friend said that Faith is going to be on Angel till the end.

Your friend sucks.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Highlight to read -

Faith is supposed to be on Buffy for the last 5 episodes.

Guest raptor

You guys have basically said everything about the episode. I just wanted to chime in and say that I created a bunch of new Angel fans by making people watch it tonight. That Faith chick, she's got powers over people.

Guest Mole
You guys have basically said everything about the episode. I just wanted to chime in and say that I created a bunch of new Angel fans by making people watch it tonight. That Faith chick, she's got powers over people.

Same here. My friend Joe, who said that Buffy and Angel sucked because he can't believe it but he likes Star Wars and LotR. Anyway, I watched the show in his room and he seemed like he was interested in the show.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

About Evil-Cordy....

SEMI! Inviso-Text!

The baby is doing it...

Guest fazzle

Yeah, I agree with that theory as well, but at the same time, yesterday I was saying I'd be pissed if that's what happens.

It'll just be such a damn copout.