TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HVilleThugg

The Official Website Thread

Guest HVilleThugg

Since Mark has not done it yet, I'll go ahead and do it...

It's here folks and it's official!

The Smarks Wrestling Federation Website - v1.0 is up and rolling at this URL...

http://swf.theleafnode.org

Your webmaster is "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens, whose info can be found in the "Contact" section of the site. Please post your comments and questions here, or direct them to Stevens.

DO NOT...I repeat...DO NOT...ask me, for I have no answers. All I do is upload the files...

I think we all owe Mark a good deal of thanks for taking time out of his busy schedule to put this site together, and I'm certain that he would appreciate any comments, good or bad, that you all have about the site.

There you have it!

Da "one small step" H

Guest HVilleThugg

You all might kick me for doing this, but I signed us up for one of those...Top 1000 e-fed sites.

Yeah, I know...I hate them too...but I thought it may bring us just a couple of noobs...if not more. Besides, it was free, and all I had to do what put some link to them on our site...which I did. It's real small in the bottom left corner of the homepage...and it's only on the page when you first come in...and no others. It's not even on the page if go back to the homepage after leaving it...

Anyway, I got us up in the top 25, so we're on the first page near the top. I ask anyone and everyone to click on the link on our homepage and go check out our link on the Top 1000 site. It ranks us based upon how many hits they get from our site...I did it 555 times and moved us up pretty high. It would be helpful if some other people would head over there and do the same...just go to our site and click on their link as many times as you can...I want to get us in the top 3, but they have like over 10000 hits...I don't know how long this crappy link site will be up, so the sooner people can do that, the better.

And if I'm a moron for doing that, just tell me and I'll take their link off and take us off their site...

Da "seemed like a good idea at the time" H

Guest KingOfOldSchool
You all might kick me for doing this, but I signed us up for one of those...Top 1000 e-fed sites.

Yeah, I know...I hate them too...but I thought it may bring us just a couple of noobs...if not more. Besides, it was free, and all I had to do what put some link to them on our site...which I did. It's real small in the bottom left corner of the homepage...and it's only on the page when you first come in...and no others. It's not even on the page if go back to the homepage after leaving it...

Anyway, I got us up in the top 25, so we're on the first page near the top. I ask anyone and everyone to click on the link on our homepage and go check out our link on the Top 1000 site. It ranks us based upon how many hits they get from our site...I did it 555 times and moved us up pretty high. It would be helpful if some other people would head over there and do the same...just go to our site and click on their link as many times as you can...I want to get us in the top 3, but they have like over 10000 hits...I don't know how long this crappy link site will be up, so the sooner people can do that, the better.

And if I'm a moron for doing that, just tell me and I'll take their link off and take us off their site...

Da "seemed like a good idea at the time" H

Just as long as it isn't a pop-up on our site telling you to go to the e-fed list and vote, then I don't care. Small banners or button links I have no problem with, but pop-ups are creations of Satan himself.

That said... good idea there. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to seek out more of these lists and get our name on there.

Guest Thoth

With permission, I would like to ask Dames to point the front page link to the website instead of our boards.

Guest HVilleThugg

Yes, I think you definitely should do that .... point to the website that is.

Da "..." H

Guest Grand Slam

Yes Tod, Annie sent it.

I'mn planning on updating the site with additional stats pretty soon, so be on the lookout. Also, I plan on doing nifty banners for everyone's stats page, so that will be fun. If anyone has a photo or a drawing or a screen capture or whatever showing what their character looks like, feel free to send it to me. My contact info is on the webpage.

Guest HVilleThugg

Mark, if you have BIG updates, like 5, 10, 20 files...then zip it up. For normal, run of the mill updates, just do what we talked about...but for like adding a ton of stat pages and stat images, you can just zip it up. As long as you zip it in the correct directory stucture, I can figure out where everything goes.

Da "making sure all is in place" H

Cool deal, the site looks awesome if i may say so myself! Excellent work Mark.

Thugg, I would head over to this top E-Fed listing and vote but there is one small problem. You didn't give us a link. :(

Da "Checking up on Thugg" J

Guest HVilleThugg

Hey stupid! The link is on the website dumb dumb...

LOL...

Just kidding...

There's a tiny image at the bottom or our site that links you to the top1000 site. We are currently #20, as someone went there last night and did some clicking for us...

Thanks who ever that was.

Da "I got you Brimmy" H

My word i was clicking on the SWF link for a bit than i decided to check out our competition.....

Needless to say after i died laughing at almost all of their horrible web design skills, i began asking myslef, "If we can have a better looking site like we do now, and a slicker one like 2.0, shouldn't we kill the others?"

I mean is RP really that popular? After writting my own matches i couldn't go and write nothing but promos, while some script generates the match. The most important part of the whole damn thing.. I think.

Thugg, when can we all get together? I am dying to start making these other feds look like petty amatures compared to us. It is time to Revolutionize the world of E-Federations! A.K.A. Brimmy is pumped and ready to roll some heads, like yesterday!

Guest Coffin Surfer

The site looks great, but I think the World Champion should be included on the workers page.

I must have clicked on the top 1000 link over 20 times, but when I was done it only registered two for some reason so I gave up.

Guest HVilleThugg

Well, the system they use is crappy...so sometimes it doesn't show up immediately. You're changes will show up in anywhere from 1 to like 10 minutes. If you've got time to kill, go ahead and click it some more if you can and don't mind the tedium. The higher we get, the better our chances or getting people coming from there. We've already got like 75 hits on our website from that link, so...it definitely works. If you google on e-fed, that site is one of the first ones up there....or at least it was when I set it up earlier this week.

Da "keep trying" H

Guest HVilleThugg

Booyah!!

Good work Brim...I think we need to be doing more of this, and it seems that everyone's getting in on this...so, good job

I'll get back to you about when we'll meet to discuss version 2 of the site...i'm swamped with school work right now, so i'll get back to you next week and we'll start the damn thang rollin'

Da "fuck school, fuck work, fuck my life" H

Guest Grand Slam

I agree, the World Champion should have his stats posted.

However, I am just trying to keep up with what people have sent me as far as stats go, let alone having time to mark them up myself.

Once all the stats are up, I will link names in the Champions page to their stats. Version 2.0 will have an updateable interface so you guys, the wrestlers, will be able to update your own stats. Wouldn't that be cool? :)

Even though the site is posted to a more or less permenant location, it is still considered, at least by me, to be "under construction".

Once all the stats are up, I will link names in the Champions page to their stats. Version 2.0 will have an updateable interface so you guys, the wrestlers, will be able to update your own stats. Wouldn't that be cool? :)

I hope so, Mark. Along with various other things im sure we will all iron out in the coming weeks. I think this is the first step in the right track, good work my man. :)

Guest HVilleThugg

It's currently down right now as my server (where it resides) is down for some reason or another. When I get home from work, I'll talk to my friend (whose house the server lives in) and find out why it's down. The internet at his house probably went down, so that's why it's down right now.

Stupid Internet.

Da "boo" H

Guest realitycheck

Hey, I've got a couple questions and such regarding the site...

Firstly, I know you all are really busy, but would it be at all possible to keep updating the site every time we have a new show? Or are you guys waiting to finish the ver 2.0 of the site before starting something along those lines?

Second... you know, I went and searched out e-fed top sites on Google. A lot of them suck and are amateurish, but several are really pretty good and get 1000's of hits. Now, I was thinking about registering the site on them, but...

1) Many of them have the banner exchange philosophy. Some don't, but still. I was wonder how reciptive you guys would be to adding several more banners if I searched out the best top sites.

And 2) If you guys do agree with this, one thing we will need is a banner. Well, a spiffier one than already on the site, anyway. Not to take anything away from Mark's design skeelz, but there's a folder of graphics gurus here on the boards, so would it be okay to ask them to manufacutre something for us?

-Z

Who Is Just Wondering

Guest HVilleThugg

To answer your questions Z...

I don't think we're waiting for v2 to start updating...in fact, we haven't even met about it yet because we're all so crazy busy. It'll get updated whenever Mark gets around to it. Sorry...I know it looks shady being old...

I wouldn't be opposed to adding more banners...shit, if it gets us more hits, then bring it. I'll add any that we need to...although, maybe Mark can share his thoughts on this. We are currently on 1 Top Site kind of thing...I think we're ranked #16 or something like that. We can add more if everyone agrees on it...

I do think we need a banner because the one we have just goes with the site...we need something more universal that would work on other sites and stuff like that. If you wanna get some ideas about it from your peeps online...go ahead and do that. No one is really going anything website wise right now, so if you wanna do stomething to help Z...by all means...go for it. I doubt anyone will be opposed to it.

Da "we have a website?" H

Guest Grand Slam

Hello!!!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, and I am very sorry for falling behind on the updates. However, I hope to rectify that situation very, very soon.

I have no objection to a banner or two on the site if it gets us people. That's what the site is there for. Let's do it. I'll let someone else try their hand at the banner before me, as I will be working hard on the site this week.

That's right, after a week or two layoff due to tons of stuff happening around here, I am back shuffling HTML on my computer to try and get the site bigger and better. I promise you will see something by this weekend.

"Old wrestlers never retire... we just become webmasters..."

Guest Longdogger_Pete

I don't mean to sound like an ass... but could I get credited on the site for compiling the title history?

Also, if you decide to use JL stuff at all, you have permission to use my histories and rankings as I produce them. As long as I get credited.

Thanks...

Guest Grand Slam

Sorry LDP... I thought I had you credited. I'll take care of that next time I send Thugg updates.

:cheers:

Guest HVilleThugg

I will not allow LDP to get credit since he had the opportunity to stop that travesty and he didn't. He could have easily doctored the history a bit so that I still had my record...but he didn't. So...no credit for you! Come back...one year!

I'm kidding, of course.

Da "jokes abound" H

Guest HVilleThugg

Not to sound mean, but...

Have you been in a whole for the past couple weeks? It's been stated several times that the roster would be updated just as soon as Mark could find time to do it. We know it's incomplete...but it takes a ton of time to mark up those damn stat pages...and of course, it would be real easy for everyone who is active to mark up their own stat page...no one seems to be wanting to help in that respect. So...unless you're volunteering to mark up stat pages, then you'll just have to keep waiting for that to be updated. I know there are people out there who have some time to do this...so, why don't some of you speak up and help Mark out and mark up your stat page with HTML...that way we could have a completed webpage for people to visit.

Da "that goes for everyone...not just tring to single out Xero...he just posted at the wrong time...cause I'm not having a good day" H